• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Cowboys

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the second week of February no one will remember that Dallas beat Seattle.

Except Dallas fans because it was such a shock. After being so bad for so many years it was like maybe we can do something this year. No one expected Dallas to do what they did this year. In fact it was the first time I have ever heard Jerry Jones even say it would be a struggle this year. He usually has the Rose colored glasses on.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still struggling to understand how Dallas was not the #1 seed and Seattle was not #2. 3 teams finished with identical records. Dallas was 1-0 against the other two, Seattle was 1-1, and Green Bay was 0-1. Logic would seem to dictate that Dallas should have been the 1 seed and Seattle should have been 2. But instead the NFL doesn't think head-to-head should matter as much in tiebreakers.

I also don't understand how a WR can catch a ball, take two steps in bounds, and stretch for the goal line but have his catch ruled an incompletion because he supposedly didn't have enough control or make enough of a football move before the ground caused the ball to pop back up and back into his hands. I know what the Process Rule says, but I'm still wondering how it makes any logical sense.

But I guess the bottom line is that if you're going to watch a sport which has a lot of really awful and ambiguous rules, you are going to have to accept that sometimes your team will benefit from them and sometimes they will get burned by them.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Okay ... enough of this. Giving up on football for the year.

Living in Arkansas (at least they kicked butt) by law you have to root for the SEC team in the national championships ... so by definition Ohio State vs Oregon can't be the national championships. Was rooting for anyone over Patriots, of course Dallas over Green Bay and Denver over Indianapolis. It's been a bad two weeks of football. I don't pay any attention to basketball ... SO

It is now Time for Baseball!

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still struggling to understand how Dallas was not the #1 seed and Seattle was not #2. 3 teams finished with identical records. Dallas was 1-0 against the other two, Seattle was 1-1, and Green Bay was 0-1. Logic would seem to dictate that Dallas should have been the 1 seed and Seattle should have been 2. But instead the NFL doesn't think head-to-head should matter as much in tiebreakers.

I also don't understand how a WR can catch a ball, take two steps in bounds, and stretch for the goal line but have his catch ruled an incompletion because he supposedly didn't have enough control or make enough of a football move before the ground caused the ball to pop back up and back into his hands. I know what the Process Rule says, but I'm still wondering how it makes any logical sense.

But I guess the bottom line is that if you're going to watch a sport which has a lot of really awful and ambiguous rules, you are going to have to accept that sometimes your team will benefit from them and sometimes they will get burned by them.
Yes sir. Detroit would agree as I do too. Tough to take.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor is Rod Marinelli is leaving Dallas to be the defensive coordinator in Tampa Bay for Lovie Smith. Heard it on The Ticket post game show which they got it from pro football talk.

What a huge loss. We better spend a lot of resources on the D going into next year.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looking back at it..... The Cowboys paid dearly for the loss against blitz happy Jim Haslet and little colt McCoy. I felt like the Cowboys lost 2 games that day. The actual loss to the Redskins and the following game against the Cardinals. The Cowboys lost to the Cards because Romo was out from the injury suffered against the skins. Weeded played so bad, but they still had a chance to win. I'm not a big fan of the NFL tie-breaker rules tho. Head to head should take precedence because it's based on actual results on the field. Conference record is a terrible indication because what if your division sucks or your team just happens to be playing the weakest division that year? The Cowboys didn't get it done, but I think they were dealt some bad breaks and the overturned call today was the worst. I have no doubt that he caught the ball, Dez was probably just trying to stretch it into a TD.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know that Carter is also a FA right? I don't think they'll let Durant and Carter walk. I hope they don't. Lee and/or McClain will get hurt next year.

can't think that way about Lee and McClain so i go with Hitchens, McClain & Lee

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looking back at it..... The Cowboys paid dearly for the loss against blitz happy Jim Haslet and little colt McCoy. I felt like the Cowboys lost 2 games that day. The actual loss to the Redskins and the following game against the Cardinals. The Cowboys lost to the Cards because Romo was out from the injury suffered against the skins. Weeded played so bad, but they still had a chance to win. I'm not a big fan of the NFL tie-breaker rules tho. Head to head should take precedence because it's based on actual results on the field. Conference record is a terrible indication because what if your division sucks or your team just happens to be playing the weakest division that year? The Cowboys didn't get it done, but I think they were dealt some bad breaks and the overturned call today was the worst. I have no doubt that he caught the ball, Dez was probably just trying to stretch it into a TD.
Read the rule. He did catch the ball but failed to keep control when the ball hit the ground. Therefore no catch.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's several angles to the catch for sure. I've also heard that Dez could have been down by contact as well. I haven't seen any replays since the game so I'll need to go back and see if that was the case. But as you said the NFL does have a lot of ambiguous and technical rules and still the pass interference call and the what constitutes a catch is still out there. I thought the Megatron ruling from a few years back was BS and I think the Dez ruling today was BS not because I'm a Cowboys fan but because the technicalities just seem out there.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the rule. He did catch the ball but failed to keep control when the ball hit the ground. Therefore no catch.

I replayed it quite a few times and I never saw the ball touch the ground. Plus, he took 3 steps, and looked to be extending for the goal line. I know that the ball the Packer WR caught earlier in the game actually hit the ground but was ruled a catch. Unfortunately, when the refs announced the flag last week then changed their minds we were destined to have calls go against us this week. I do not think we lost because of the call. I think the Murray fumble on a potential TD was the biggest game changer of the day. The missed FG didn't help either because we would've only needed a FG late. The way the game is called changes had we only needed a FG. I'm proud of them, but this is a game we should've won.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I replayed it quite a few times and I never saw the ball touch the ground. Plus, he took 3 steps, and looked to be extending for the goal line. I know that the ball the Packer WR caught earlier in the game actually hit the ground but was ruled a catch. Unfortunately, when the refs announced the flag last week then changed their minds we were destined to have calls go against us this week. I do not think we lost because of the call. I think the Murray fumble on a potential TD was the biggest game changer of the day. The missed FG didn't help either because we would've only needed a FG late. The way the game is called changes had we only needed a FG. I'm proud of them, but this is a game we should've won.
Agree we should have won. Hard to win making so many mistakes. Defense and Murray fumble cost us the game. No doubt.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Escobar was an awful pick because Dallas had Witten and Hannah. We don't really know if Escobar is a really good player because he plays very sparingly. He's shown us good things but also shown us very little. That pick and where the pick was taken was absolutely dumb thing to do.

I said from the time it happened that it was an awful trade because of what Dallas did to give up. They were a very mediocre at best team and they needed more picks to fill the constant holes and weaknesses. Claiborne was never going to make them a contender even if he was playing as advertised. That's not to say you will surely hit on every pick but if you want to do it the right way building a team is through the draft especially this team that doesn't have ample money to spend right now.

Just look GB, NE, and Pittsburgh the last 2 decades and that is what Dallas needs to strive for.

Thats not what you said earlier. You said that the Cowboys you easily find four starters in the first four rounds. Now your saying you surely hit on every pick. So which is it. Under that thinking the you should not have a bust in the first four rounds of every draft. If Claiborn had turned out to be the player Patrick Peterson his, I wouldn't have a problem with that trade.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats not what you said earlier. You said that the Cowboys you easily find four starters in the first four rounds. Now your saying you surely hit on every pick. So which is it. Under that thinking the you should not have a bust in the first four rounds of every draft. If Claiborn had turned out to be the player Patrick Peterson his, I wouldn't have a problem with that trade.

I said there's no reason to think you can't find starter caliber players in the first 4 rounds. That's not to say you can and will hit on every one of them but that's the difference between drafting well and not drafting well. GB, Pit, and NE have done a hell of job of finding talent where as Dallas had been awful but thankfully have gotten better the last few years. While they had a great year and the future is looking bright I don't want the team to get carried away and think that a player here or there will put them over the top. They have to draft well and get guys that are key contributors when they're not costing the team hardly anything. Basically they need cheap labor because as it is they have tough money decisions to make this season anyways.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No excuses, but damn...The slowed down frame by frame I never see the ball hit the ground. What a bummer. Come back next year and do it again. I just hope they change that rule. He clearly caught the ball and made two football moves. Shame that Dez' drive to compete ended up hurting them in the end right?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No excuses, but damn...The slowed down frame by frame I never see the ball hit the ground. What a bummer. Come back next year and do it again. I just hope they change that rule. He clearly caught the ball and made two football moves. Shame that Dez' drive to compete ended up hurting them in the end right?

Rule should be changed. Dez went and got that ball at likely the 10ft point in its decent and caught it and switched hands with it. He clearly possessed the ball all the way to the ground with the ground causing the ball to move. Not a catch by the current rule, or the rule they used to overturn the call I should say.

I think the Cowboys should have won this game by executing before that play. I am by no means a conspiracy theorist, but there was no way the NFL was gonna have another possible controversial call go the Cowboys way this week.

Dez is a beast and it's too bad he didn't get to have that one called in his favor.

GOOD YEAR FOR THE COWBOYS! Had fun here this season, hope the team builds on this and reaps rewards next year.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo has reportedly torn ligaments in his right ring finger, according to The Dallas Morning News.

Romo appeared to suffer a hand injury during Sunday's game against the Packers, but did not miss any time because of the injury.

He finished the day with 191 yards passing and two touchdowns in the losing effort.

He will get a chance to get healthy this offseason as Romo was already dealing with two transverse fractures in his back for most of the season.

He was pretty accurate today, considering

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo has reportedly torn ligaments in his right ring finger, according to The Dallas Morning News.

Romo appeared to suffer a hand injury during Sunday's game against the Packers, but did not miss any time because of the injury.

He finished the day with 191 yards passing and two touchdowns in the losing effort.

He will get a chance to get healthy this offseason as Romo was already dealing with two transverse fractures in his back for most of the season.

He was pretty accurate today, considering

There is steel and there is Romo. Guess which is tougher? Not enough ink has been used to cover how tough Antonio Ramiro Romo is on the field.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is steel and there is Romo. Guess which is tougher? Not enough ink has been used to cover how tough Antonio Ramiro Romo is on the field.

No, Buck was too busy talking about the toughness of Rodgers. What a joke.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad thing is if Scandrick just turns around that lame duck pass that was tipped is returned for a TD. When it first happened I thought it would be intercepted. Not sure how these DBs think they can do much of anything when they have no idea what is going on behind them.