• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not as great of a holiday for music as Christmas or Easter but Thanksgiving does have some great songs. Here is a list of some of my favorites.

Thanksgiving Song - Mary Chapin Carpenter
Thanksgiving Stuffing - The Waitresses
Father Is Here For Dinner (Dad's Second Family) - Perry Como
Be Thankful, The Chancre Is Gone (For Now) - Kid Rock
I'm A Master Baster! - From the musical "Soups On!" by Rodgers w/o Hammerstein
Thanksgiving in Saint Albans - Run_DMC
Why The Fuckin' Lions? - NFL FAN Tabernacle Choir
An MLK Thanksgiving - Bono w/o U2
Red River Rock - Silicon Teens (You'd probably recognize it)
I'm The Detroit Lions Of Music (Gobble Gobble Daba Daba)- Kid Rock

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came back from goalie practice tonight to find my house thermostat set to 78 degrees.

Of course no one has any idea how it happened.

5 more days....

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck.....guess I should start thawing my turkey now.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came back from goalie practice tonight to find my house thermostat set to 78 degrees.

Of course no one has any idea how it happened.

5 more days....
I guess they think your house is a steam sauna?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All worried about turkeys. Be like my family and not have one anymore. We don’t have large gatherings essentially because we all hate each other.

Anyway, doing spare ribs in the smoker and yeah for all you fucks :D that eat turkey I am smoking a turkey breast just because.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All worried about turkeys. Be like my family and not have one anymore. We don’t have large gatherings essentially because we all hate each other.

Anyway, doing spare ribs in the smoker and yeah for all you fucks :D that eat turkey I am smoking a turkey breast just because.
Around here, there was such a surplus of turkeys that they were down to 30 cents a pound yesterday and the bins were still overflowing. Thanks, Biden.

Earlier, I went into the family room and my nice leather chair and footrest is missing. Mrs 43 said she saw him moving it into the room they are staying in. Ok. He has a bad back and it's a nice comfy chair. I just checked in the room and he moved it there to put his suitcase on. Of course we set a suitcase stand in there for him. It is folded neatly in the corner about two feet from where we set it up for them.

4 More days.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Around here, there was such a surplus of turkeys that they were down to 30 cents a pound yesterday and the bins were still overflowing. Thanks, Biden.

Earlier, I went into the family room and my nice leather chair and footrest is missing. Mrs 43 said she saw him moving it into the room they are staying in. Ok. He has a bad back and it's a nice comfy chair. I just checked in the room and he moved it there to put his suitcase on. Of course we set a suitcase stand in there for him. It is folded neatly in the corner about two feet from where we set it up for them.

4 More days.
I feel for you! I am lucky I don't have to interact with my extended family members at the holidays.

We used to have the gatherings with my Wife's family until her mother passed away, at that point they ended. Her father is still around but he would fit in with your relatives very well along with the rest of her family. So we don't talk to them that much, if ever.
NOTE: Wifes issues with her dad and his family started many years ago and not just politically driven recently. They are the epitome of ASSHOLES!

As for my brothers and sisters (both sisters were from my dads first wife) are a lot older than me, so naturally we never interacted much. As for my parents they both passed away years ago, so there isn't a need to come together for grandparents.

Soon though it will be starting with my kids as they get older and starting their families. But I will enjoy those gatherings.

Status
Not open for further replies.