• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay, that's great and all that people are helping this guy live well after what he's been through.

But why isn't the law firm that paid the guy who wrongfully put him away paying a ton of money? The defense attorney who blew it? The original judge? The prison? The state themselves?

There is a link to a National Registry of exonerations in the article. Almost three thousand people exonerated after serving time. The longest is a guy who served FORTY SEVEN years. It's incomprehensible to me that there is no punishment for the people that got it wrong in the first place.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay, that's great and all that people are helping this guy live well after what he's been through.

But why isn't the law firm that paid the guy who wrongfully put him away paying a ton of money? The defense attorney who blew it? The original judge? The prison? The state themselves?

There is a link to a National Registry of exonerations in the article. Almost three thousand people exonerated after serving time. The longest is a guy who served FORTY SEVEN years. It's incomprehensible to me that there is no punishment for the people that got it wrong in the first place.
That's a slippery slope. I understand the sentiment but if we start punishing people for getting verdicts wrong (even those that seem egregiously wrong) you start to slide the opposite direction and that can be much worse for society as a whole.

The real key to reform here is better prosecutors who don't see prosecutions as a win-lose game and are more willing to turn down a case that's built on shitty evidence and reliant on the prosecution "selling" the defendant as the guilty party rather than actually proving it with an abundance of evidence, defence attorneys who actually want to defend their clients rather than simply look for the quickest way out, and laws that make it much clearer when a crime has and hasn't occurred and to what extent it can be punished.

Also, grand juries are fucking dumb. Stop that.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far in the first 2 days of my week alone - 3 movies and 2 drinks. I'm fixing that as I post.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he’s dead? :noidea:

Seriously that guy has the worst self defense training but I love how he always has that ear piece in. Really makes him look official. :rolleyes:
That guy is ready for any situation!

I'm going to go to the mall with a PS5 box and wait for a mob to come at me to do this.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My father in law was just on his laptop, apparently on facebook. He just came into the kitchen where me, my son and Mrs 43 were talking and announced that the new "variance" is fake because "Omicron" is an anagram of "moronic".

1 more day.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
My father in law was just on his laptop, apparently on facebook. He just came into the kitchen where me, my son and Mrs 43 were talking and announced that the new "variance" is fake because "Omicron" is an anagram of "moronic".

1 more day.
Next variant should be called upid-stay otherfucker-may
just to see if they can de-code it

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you be in New Jersey and not know how to dispose of a dead body?

BonyTediousLeonberger-size_restricted.gif

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm going to hell. Part of my wife's Texas trip was a couple of days in San Antonio with her sisters and mother for her mother's birthday. Her mother canceled because she was "tired". So I have been speaking poorly of her for canceling something they planned for her for the past couple of days. Well today they found out she has covid.

Oops. In my defense, canceling a trip to get more attention does sound like something my MIL would do.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm going to hell. Part of my wife's Texas trip was a couple of days in San Antonio with her sisters and mother for her mother's birthday. Her mother canceled because she was "tired". So I have been speaking poorly of her for canceling something they planned for her for the past couple of days. Well today they found out she has covid.

Oops. In my defense, canceling a trip to get more attention does sound like something my MIL would do.
Good thing for you hell isn't real!

Kidding - hope she recovers well.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
speaking of hell - four days snowed in with an Oasis cover band
the only thing worse would be to have been stuck with the actual Oasis.

Status
Not open for further replies.