• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
My workplace is doing something like this in June. We don't have money for raises but they are buying us Slurpees (8 ounce fun size) and letting us go in the octagon with a former mma fighter for 90 seconds.
A former work place had set up a family fun day, that included sumo suits, those massive boxing gloves, etc.
In theory was these gloves were so big that it was difficult to get anything going. In theory.
I had a boxing match with my buddy, and caught him flush with a cross where the swing started from my heels.

they shut down the boxing ring after that :D

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A former work place had set up a family fun day, that included sumo suits, those massive boxing gloves, etc.
In theory was these gloves were so big that it was difficult to get anything going. In theory.
I had a boxing match with my buddy, and caught him flush with a cross where the swing started from my heels.

they shut down the boxing ring after that :D
My image of @puckhead is confirmed, you heavy-metal, slam-dancing punk

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to hear the flat earthers twist themselves explaining that.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The north pole always looks so lovely this time of year :spy:

u5nUDnUiQOb4NCTU9fTJsl1s5_Akcv4yFH2M8q4KXL4.jpg

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he didn't.
I mean come on.....who wouldn't want to live where you could have horrible traffic, some of the worst pollen in the spring, borders FL/AL/TN/NC/SC and essentially if you don't live in or around Atlanta or Savannah have nothing but the best Trump supporters!
Even then Atlanta sucks royally whereas Savannah is nice to visit and that is it.

And we can't forget MTG!

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean come on.....who wouldn't want to live where you could have horrible traffic, some of the worst pollen in the spring, borders FL/AL/TN/NC/SC and essentially if you don't live in or around Atlanta or Savannah have nothing but the best Trump supporters!

And we can't forget MTG!

The Buckhead area of Atlanta is very nice and I did spend some time in Savannah as well and would visit there again in a heartbeat. It's not exactly a short trip though lol

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Buckhead area of Atlanta is very nice and I did spend some time in Savannah as well and would visit there again in a heartbeat. It's not exactly a short trip though lol
Buckhead I don't go in and out of it much but from what I am told it is getting worse. Yes it still has the high-end places, but the crime is worse, and the gridlock is awful due to all the additional construction.

As for Savannah, I agree it is a great city to visit some of the best food options and easy city to walk around. But I am not sure if I would want to live there year round.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buckhead I don't go in and out of it much but from what I am told it is getting worse. Yes it still has the high-end places, but the crime is worse, and the gridlock is awful due to all the additional construction.

As for Savannah, I agree it is a great city to visit some of the best food options and easy city to walk around. But I am not sure if I would want to live there year round.

The sad thing is I hear that about a lot of places in the States (and we're seeing the same in Canada as well). More crime and traffic is getting worse as well. I think I was lucky to have visited places like New York, Philly, San Francisco, Atlanta etc. in the mid to late 90s as it seemed to be not as bad back then.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Savannah and Charleston are probably the only two cities in the south I wouldn't mind living in, although I've heard Raleigh & area and Charlotte aren't so bad either.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Savannah and Charleston are probably the only two cities in the south I wouldn't mind living in, although I've heard Raleigh & area and Charlotte aren't so bad either.

Yeah, let's tag @sabresfaninthesouth as I believe that's his neck of the woods for an update.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, let's tag @sabresfaninthesouth as I believe that's his neck of the woods for an update.
I really wanted to go to UNC Chapel Hill when I was young. Unfortunately they don't accept fucking idiots people who don't want to pay $30k for college (unless they're good at basketball, which I was for a suburban Toronto kid in the early 2000's but not exactly NCAA material lol).

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad thing is I hear that about a lot of places in the States (and we're seeing the same in Canada as well). More crime and traffic is getting worse as well. I think I was lucky to have visited places like New York, Philly, San Francisco, Atlanta etc. in the mid to late 90s as it seemed to be not as bad back then.
So true! I used to go to San Fran for work back in the late 90's early 2000's. Loved it every time, havent been there in about 10 years but still would go there if the opportunity arose.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Savannah the only reason for me is the weather in the summer but I guess I would get used to the awful humidity. Been to Charleston once and loved that city.

But you are correct about Raleigh, been there a few times and it is a nice city. The downtown is smaller than you think but very nice areas around the city.

Charlotte is good option, I do know a few folks that live across the border in Rock Hill SC, but work in Charlotte, due to the better taxes. But never heard bad about the area.

On the other hand other cities in NC like Winston-Salem, Greensboro, Durham and Fayetteville I haven't heard much nice about those.

Let me add, a small city in that area you would never know is nice is downtown Greenville SC. I am not sure if I could live in SC, but they built up that city very nicely from its very sketchy past.

Then Asheville is very cool mountain city.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.