• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Bullseye is for the comment. Seriously that is some of the dumbest crap ever to start with him.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be ready for school pictures

z98hj852z2b31.jpg
Calvin makes everything better.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got a great deal on a CNN+ subscription! They threw in a year subscription to Quibi too!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
What? Mickey Rourke didn't come to hang out and chat with the guys?

But in the end, MGM's distaste for the entire product worked to Levinson's benefit because they couldn't cut the film into something closer to what they wanted. "They just thought, 'The movie is so bad that there's no sense to even cut it. Just leave it alone, and it'll never be seen.'" the director says. "That's the only reason it's in the form it's in."

gotta say, i agree

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dk.

How many drinks did the guy have before he decided he was Meng?

For those who didn't get it. Meng is a wrestler who is the Chuck Norris of Wrestling
Meng is one of the toughest SOB's ever.

Here is the youtube video and really wished Tyson hurt him more. What a d-bag this guy is.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But in the end, MGM's distaste for the entire product worked to Levinson's benefit because they couldn't cut the film into something closer to what they wanted. "They just thought, 'The movie is so bad that there's no sense to even cut it. Just leave it alone, and it'll never be seen.'" the director says. "That's the only reason it's in the form it's in."

gotta say, i agree
I do not think its perfect, and some of the characters have aged very poorly, but I do like it and think it had an impact on dialogue and pacing in movies and tv shows that continues today.

I do not remember whether it was Jerry or Larry (or maybe Rob Reiner) but one of said without Diner there is probably no Seinfeld.

Like when Jerry got Elaine with the movie popcorn trick.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not remember whether it was Jerry or Larry (or maybe Rob Reiner) but one of said without Diner there is probably no Seinfeld.

Like when Jerry got Elaine with the movie popcorn trick.
iirc it was george who tried the popcorn trick on elaine but it didnt go as planned

1650576485978.gif

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iirc it was george who tried the popcorn trick on elaine but it didnt go as planned

View attachment 294517
I'm not sure you're right. I'll have to re-watch the Seinfeld '59 episodes but I think Jerry did the popcorn trick, George got in the manger, and Elaine and Kramer rode horses.

Either way, that theater was really really cold.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heads up for anyone that has Cinemax and is planning to watch movies with the family this weekend - '8" Is Enough' is not a family friendly reboot of the 80's series.
Learned that one the hard way......

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Pretty interesting article:

man, what a clusterfuck

Somehow, though, the WFL had saved its worst for last. The game was almost delayed because the Americans were found to owe $237,000 in back taxes, leading to a tense last-minute agreement with the IRS to let the government get first dibs on a 60% share of the World Bowl I gate.
But what nobody knew at the time was that as Birmingham players and coaches celebrated in the locker room, city cops were raiding the locker room. A late court order had been served, and all Birmingham assets were seized. The league champs drank beer, smoked cigars and watched as a crew of debt collectors hauled out their cleats, helmets, uniforms and even the World Bowl I trophy.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Pretty interesting article:

another highlight

The season only continued to spiral from there, so when a random investor named Paul Sasso called, Bell had no choice but to listen.

On the day of their meeting, Sasso did indeed fly into Charlotte on a private jet, and he said he could provide $100,000 immediately. He began to unfold a paper that Bell hoped was a financial document about the funding, but instead, it was a confusing drawing of Sasso's idea for a new stadium that would be built underground.

Sasso was surrounded by big guys, many of whom appeared to have guns on them, so Bell couldn't say out loud what he was thinking: "What the f--- is an underground football stadium?"

Toward the end of the meeting, Bell asked what Sasso did for a living. "Construction management," Sasso said, with a laugh.

Bell didn't take the money, and he's lucky he didn't. He found out later who Sasso really was -- an ex-mobster from New York who became an FBI informant and was moved to Tennessee to live in hiding. But he was such an unreliable con man that Sasso eventually pulled off a virtually unheard-of feat -- he got kicked out of the witness protection program, and later was found dead in the trunk of a 1980 Buick. His arrival on a jet? It was actually an unauthorized use of an FBI jet that Sasso somehow sweet-talked the bureau into letting him use.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another highlight

The season only continued to spiral from there, so when a random investor named Paul Sasso called, Bell had no choice but to listen.

On the day of their meeting, Sasso did indeed fly into Charlotte on a private jet, and he said he could provide $100,000 immediately. He began to unfold a paper that Bell hoped was a financial document about the funding, but instead, it was a confusing drawing of Sasso's idea for a new stadium that would be built underground.

Sasso was surrounded by big guys, many of whom appeared to have guns on them, so Bell couldn't say out loud what he was thinking: "What the f--- is an underground football stadium?"

Toward the end of the meeting, Bell asked what Sasso did for a living. "Construction management," Sasso said, with a laugh.

Bell didn't take the money, and he's lucky he didn't. He found out later who Sasso really was -- an ex-mobster from New York who became an FBI informant and was moved to Tennessee to live in hiding. But he was such an unreliable con man that Sasso eventually pulled off a virtually unheard-of feat -- he got kicked out of the witness protection program, and later was found dead in the trunk of a 1980 Buick. His arrival on a jet? It was actually an unauthorized use of an FBI jet that Sasso somehow sweet-talked the bureau into letting him use.
"That's a federal jet, Donnie."

Status
Not open for further replies.