• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my goodness, that Ryan Kesler show that sportsnet is advertising seems like a huge bag of gross.
Come on, all I heard was Toronto media bias wah wah wah for years and now all I see on the tv are former Canucks heroes like Bieksa, Kesler and Messier!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, all I heard was Toronto media bias wah wah wah for years and now all I see on the tv are former Canucks heroes like Bieksa, Kesler and Messier!

Lest we forget Canucks super fan Ron Maclean.

:behindsofa:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

how many times do I need to apologize for the game 5 prediction.. no need to bring up this pain..... IM SORRY

0af5f7fcad3644f4874d16293e511a45.gif

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been putting a lot of thought into this, a problem this great sport we follow has. The problem is we all love OT hockey, and we all love the shootout. If we have one, we are disappointed that we do not have the other. While drunk the other night I had a great idea. Why not both? How about if during every playoff OT game - every two minutes (alternating turns) a team gets a shootout attempt. The action on the ice does not stop, the shootout attempt happens while everything else is going on. The shooter is also fair game so if the team not shooting wants to send a player to defend the shootout attempter so be it. Still working on some logistics but the idea is so good I wouldnt be surprised if the NHL rushes it in for next season.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been putting a lot of thought into this, a problem this great sport we follow has. The problem is we all love OT hockey, and we all love the shootout. If we have one, we are disappointed that we do not have the other. While drunk the other night I had a great idea. Why not both? How about if during every playoff OT game - every two minutes (alternating turns) a team gets a shootout attempt. The action on the ice does not stop, the shootout attempt happens while everything else is going on. The shooter is also fair game so if the team not shooting wants to send a player to defend the shootout attempter so be it. Still working on some logistics but the idea is so good I wouldnt be surprised if the NHL rushes it in for next season.
Question will it count as a shot on goal?

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, do it Rags. Keep him out of Columbus.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the three Ted Lindsey finalists choked in the playoffs.

Yeah I know they are selected prior....

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was mr_booth7 suspended I wonder?

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow. Tightest field in a while for the Calder.

Would like to see Nedelkovic get it, but all three are worthy.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, unless the voters hold his age and K experience against him.

That could happen but it's kind of dumb to me.

Fun fact: Kaprizov is not the oldest Calder candidate this year.

Fun fact #2: Another candidate played in his first NHL game more than 4 years ago.

I think Kaprizov should almost be getting some Hart votes. He turned the WIld around with his play this year.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could happen but it's kind of dumb to me.

Fun fact: Kaprizov is not the oldest Calder candidate this year.

Fun fact #2: Another candidate played in his first NHL game more than 4 years ago.

I think Kaprizov should almost be getting some Hart votes. He turned the WIld around with his play this year.
I had no idea of either of those facts. Yeah it would be dumb for him not to win it.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it is not true, but it feels true that almost every playoff season someone does something cheap and someone else gets hurt seriously and that is what the focus of media attention is on instead of a very exciting playoff season. Its a violent game and I can understand injuries, even horrific ones, happening during normal play. But when its a cheap shot or something, its so much worse. Maybe I am getting older (maybe) but I am losing the stomach for such things.
I was almost done after the Pacioretty turnbuckle hit years ago. I'm not going to argue the play again, but when it happened the Habs were killing the Bruins, the Bruins were very angry, and Pacioretty and Chara had a history. Next thing you know you have a 7 foot man running another man's head into the stanchion.

Speaking of Max, does anyone know if Jake is watching TV today? If so, they must be lying about the concussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.