• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been to 8 (I believe) away college football games. I've never sat in a designated visiting fans section, and wore OSU gear each time.
Ok, I was thinking of the opposing fan student section.

So, fuck it. I'm opposed to all limiting tactics.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the opposing team fans that go to "away" games already live in or near the area, so the zip code restriction would have little effect.

In the past, I've bought multi-game packs from the Jaguars just so I could get tickets for the one Steelers game, so that's not much of a deterrent either.

The only real viable option I see is having separate sections for opposing fans like they do for college football games.
Zip code restrictions are useless, especially in a place like Florida where large portions of the populace used to live somewhere else.

Here in Columbus, I know a lot of people who came from elsewhere or grew up here before there was a team here. There are a lot of Chicago, Detroit and Pittsbugh fans when those teams are in town, and are Jackets fans the other games. A lot of them are season ticket holders.
I've been to 8 (I believe) away college football games. I've never sat in a designated visiting fans section, and wore OSU gear each time.
Designated sections can be fun, but as long as you're not a total jackass sitting elsewhere shouldn't ever be a problem. I've been in enemy gear in a lot of arenas and have never had a problem. The worst was in Philly, wearing a Sens jersey during the massive 419 penalty minute game. I made the choice to take it off when walking out, but there wasn't any imminent threat as far as I was concerned.

At the end of the day, the main reason it's so stupid is that telling someone to take off a jersey isn't going to change that person's allegiance. It's over by that point. There is already an enemy fan in your building. Then you look at the fact that the person was in contact with the "authorities" in the arena and was told how not to be in conflict with the rules. He chose not to sit in the other, presumably better, exclusive section where it would be a problem. They just didn't want him somewhere where he could be seen by cameras. You can see other Panthers jerseys in the background at the end of the video, further up. Overly sensitive ninnies.

To take it to the point where you threaten to call the police on a guy and his 11 year old son is just pathetic. If it was me, I would have said go ahead. I doubt the police in TB would have really responded.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd also be intrigued in the legality of these restrictions in a publicly owned arena. The Lightning are only a tenant in an arena owned by the county.

So would it not be the case that the Lightning and their staff are acting on behalf of the county and therefore subject to the standards to which the government is held vs a private business?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
solution for fan bases - don't be a dick, and let people cheer for who they want to.
it's only a game. (says a guy who's city has been burned down twice because of a game)

last two away games i have been two (Calgary and Pittsburgh) we were fully adorned in Canucks gear, and very enthusiastic.
we ended up having opposing fans buy us beer both times.
Hell, in Pittsburg we were asked for our autographs on the way out.*

*CSB time:
we were loud, row 4 seats, and it was a good game (5-4 overtime loss i think) so a lot to cheer for.
After the game, Brad May came over to us and told us to hang out by the tunnel for a little bit. Came back out and said the team noticed us and appreciated the support, gave us some signed stuff. Said he wanted to bring us out for beers, but they were flying out right away.
But we were waiting for a while, and the building had emptied out in the meantime, so the only remaining way out was the players exit.
We were young enough and in shape enough where it was possible we could have been someone, so the line-up of people waiting asked for autographs asked.
Fuck it, I signed 'em all.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be able to kick you out if you're wearing a jersey to a game of a team not playing in it.

You know how many Crosby jerseys I've seen in Nationwide when we're playing a team like Florida? Too. Fucking. Many

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be able to kick you out if you're wearing a jersey to a game of a team not playing in it.

You know how many Crosby jerseys I've seen in Nationwide when we're playing a team like Florida? Too. Fucking. Many

At least it's the same sport - I hate it when I go to a Flames game and I see Roughriders jerseys.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
oh, forgot about another road trip.
wore the blazing yellow flying V to a Canucks game in Glendale.
had soooooo many people as who's jersey it was, but no one bought us beer that day :(
probably because having visiting fans wasn't a novelty in Arizona.

1622219722968.png

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My favorite was once seeing a Marlins jersey at a Pens-Devils game once. Lol.

I can understand the Crosby jersey though. In Pittsburgh, you've got your work week jerseys, drinking jersey, party jersey, Sunday jerseys, etc. It's not that the guy didn't know what he was going to, he just might not own a regular shirt. ;)

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand the Crosby jersey though. In Pittsburgh, you've got your work week jerseys, drinking jersey, party jersey, Sunday jerseys, etc. It's not that the guy didn't know what he was going to, he just might not own a regular shirt. ;)

Now it makes sense why the Pens brought back the mustard jerseys, it hides the stains quite well.

:behindsofa:

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now it makes sense why the Pens brought back the mustard jerseys, it hides the stains quite well.

:behindsofa:
Tonight Show Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuck the Tampa Bay Dildoes.
I’m hoping Tampa won this game since whatever this guy decided to wear must have made a huge impact and decide the game that’s played on the ice in Florida’s favor.
<insert eye roll emoji>

I hope Carolina blows them out in their own building and sweeps

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry the Bolts will just use certain players in the playoffs.
Seriously if this is the case I wait for the even more creative ways, than Hossa, to get players on LTIR.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry the Bolts will just use certain players in the playoffs.
Seriously if this is the case I wait for the even more creative ways, than Hossa, to get players on LTIR.
One of the best comments I saw was "Kucherov has already played his last ever regular season game."

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite was once seeing a Marlins jersey at a Pens-Devils game once. Lol.

You could show up to your mom's funeral on Steelers gameday in a Lambert jersey and not a soul would bat an eye.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could show up to your mom's funeral on Steelers gameday in a Lambert jersey and not a soul would bat an eye.
One of the internships I did in PA we did a Jersey day every Friday. No greater feeling than doin an inter-office presentation in a Greg Lloyd jersey. Easy way to break the ice by starting with “I wasn’t hired for my disposition”

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
my goodness, that Ryan Kesler show that sportsnet is advertising seems like a huge bag of gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.