• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just tired of seeing Ron Maclean's face on my tv screen. As BBB said earlier, put David Amber in that role before he moves on to ESPN or TNT.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of eliminations. Save me a spot on the elimination party barge!
GIF by Queen of the South

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a fan of the Houston Oilers back in the day. Earl Campbell and Dan Pastorini were fun to watch (along with Billy 'White Shoes' Johnson).

A day late on this one...

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuck the Tampa Bay Dildoes.

As someone who endured years of Devils, Rangers, and Flyers fans invading the arena.... I'm not sure if I like it, but I definitely don't hate it.

It's their arena, you have the right to impose certain conditions, and it certainly would improve safety for fans.

Football leagues in Europe don't allow you to sit in the sections where the home fans are if you're an away fan. When I saw an Aston Villa game, I saw two Manchester United fans get ejected when cheering after Man U. scored a goal.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting to read about different policies that teams have implemented to discourage opposition fans. Curious for people's yay or nay depending on the approach...
  • Arizona Diamondbacks have not allowed people in opposition gear to sit behind homeplate
  • Capitals have restricted zip code purchases for a certain time period to give home fans first dibs (Predators have as well)
  • Predators have also set up "multi-game" purchase options first to get home fans to buy before single game releases
  • Senators disallowed fans in the past to resell seats to general public
  • Eagles visiting fans have often had to remove jerseys as well, mostly due to safety issues
Also a clarification, the Lightning's rules only apply to a certain part of the arena (probably close to the ice). My guess is that this guy probably knew about this and ignored it... I say that simply because the kind of person that records this conversation would likely be someone who anticipated it.

In any case, fuller context, but I thought some of those approaches were interesting. I would just say that a team has an obligation first and foremost to it's own fans who provide the economic support to make it a viable business. So I just can't hate on the Bolts for doing just that and making a better experience for their fans, even if it goes against the spirit of friendly competition. I've had many a friendly convo with opposing fans, but I've seen someone in an opposing jersey take a sucker punch while doing nothing wrong, too.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the opposing team fans that go to "away" games already live in or near the area, so the zip code restriction would have little effect.

In the past, I've bought multi-game packs from the Jaguars just so I could get tickets for the one Steelers game, so that's not much of a deterrent either.

The only real viable option I see is having separate sections for opposing fans like they do for college football games.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the opposing team fans that go to "away" games already live in or near the area, so the zip code restriction would have little effect.

In the past, I've bought multi-game packs from the Jaguars just so I could get tickets for the one Steelers game, so that's not much of a deterrent either.

The only real viable option I see is having separate sections for opposing fans like they do for college football games.
I've been to 8 (I believe) away college football games. I've never sat in a designated visiting fans section, and wore OSU gear each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.