• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OKLAHOMA QB: Trevor Knight or Blake Belldozer?

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like I said, it's like trying to talk sense to a 10 year old. It will never work....I'm done with Mr Obtuse..

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, now that we are past that little distraction, everything we are hearing it's going to be Knight, but I just cant believe Bob would do that. It's not like him at all, because he doesn't want his QB's to run.

Although I could see him giving Knight the nod, and if he goes down with an injury, you always have Bell to run the old standard.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you posted the following....

Show ONE post where I've said Ash is, in YOUR words, "all that"

and this is what I posted....

I never said Ash was the whole problem, now did I? I'm just not convinced he will ever be all that and that is what I've alluded to the whole time.

so where in that post did I say you posted that Ash was all that??? I said it, not you, moron....

unbelievable.....

Wrong AGAIN. You might want to check that order of posts, genius.

ahhh, whats the point, you've proven here multiple times here you don't know what was posted, when it was posted, and who posted it. It's also clear you aren't going to actually READ the thread either.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a little option football wouldn't be a bad thing to see for a change.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would but I don't think we'll ever see that again, at least not as it was in the golden days of the WB.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"There's 3 things that can happen when you throw the ball, and 2 of them are bad"
.......................................Barry Switzer

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU has never been able to beat a good team with a good running quarterback to save its soul. That problem goes back to the 1970's and stays true up through RGIII, Tim Tebow, Collin Klein, etc. Bob would be smart to consider doing what other teams do to him when the going gets tough: be able to throw the ball AND run the damn thing. The problem isn't Stoops; it's Heupel and his disingenuous play calling. How would you liked to have had a dual threat QB against Florida when we were 1st and 10 twice inside their 5 yard line and couldn't do squat? I want another Jamelle Holieway or Thomas Lott or Jack Mildren who can scare the shit out of someone when they tuck the rock and take off after he's been peppering them with passes to set it all up. If the defense is playing on its heels a dual threat QB can skin linebackers and cornerbacks alive.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"There's 3 things that can happen when you throw the ball, and 2 of them are bad"

Actually, I think Darrell Royal coined this phrase. Remember him? Won a hell of a lot of games for the You Know Who's.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, i'm getting it narrowed down now.
Ash would be better if he had a better Offensive Line.
:L:wtf2::laugh3:

-

Can you name a QB that would not be "better if he had a better Offensive Line"? Seriously, that is one of the more ignorant post i have seen on the Internet.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is a well used quote. DKR also said it, but I do not think it makes a lot of sense coming from option coaches. Option football is a pretty high risk offense. You need precision and you put the ball in the air. A lot can go wrong in that scenario. I do expect to see some option utilized at Texas and OU this yr. Neither QB will remind anyone of Jamel Holloway, but I bet you see some optioning off of DEs from the spread out of both teams. Mostly to counter anyone from pinching their DEs on the inside zone. Much of the Big 12 has been using option principles in their offense for years now, ironically OU and Texas have done very little.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a long ways until Oct. 12 fella's. You better save some ammo.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That problem goes back to the 1970's

I'd agree with some post Switzer teams, but I can't think of anybody that OU played against during Switzer's years where a qb killed them with the run.

Sure has been a problem as of late. There was the ISU qb, tho, a few years back that came into the game vs OU, in Norman, who was being touted for the Heisman and OU just literally tore him a new one.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-

Can you name a QB that would not be "better if he had a better Offensive Line"? Seriously, that is one of the more ignorant post i have seen on the Internet.

Don't bother. I tried. Boggles the mind that they seem to think the OL is not important.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd agree with some post Switzer teams, but I can't think of anybody that OU played against during Switzer's years where a qb killed them with the run.

Sure has been a problem as of late. There was the ISU qb, tho, a few years back that came into the game vs OU, in Norman, who was being touted for the Heisman and OU just literally tore him a new one.

Nolan Cromwell, Kansas, 1975. Beat our ass at home and almost cost us the National Championship.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-
I hear that about almost every team. OU, Texas, Bama have issues with running QBs. It is kind of a fallacy amongst football fans. Guys they pt to are RG3, Tebow, VY, Manziel, etc.. It is a survival bias. They remember losing to great college QBs, but forget about beating the piss out of the Steele Janzs of the world.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
I hear that about almost every team. OU, Texas, Bama have issues with running QBs. It is kind of a fallacy amongst football fans. Guys they pt to are RG3, Tebow, VY, Manziel, etc.. It is a survival bias. They remember losing to great college QBs, but forget about beating the piss out of the Steele Janzs of the world.

Yeah, but Steele Janz couldn't throw for shit.

I think we all forget guys like Ell Roberson or Josh Freeman, but there have been a lot of dual threat QBs out there. Most of the time we beat them, usually because they didn't have a ton of help.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but Steele Janz couldn't throw for shit.

I think we all forget guys like Ell Roberson or Josh Freeman, but there have been a lot of dual threat QBs out there. Most of the time we beat them, usually because they didn't have a ton of help.

-

Yes. Generally, it is very good mobile QBs on good teams. Another way to say it is defenses struggle vs great offenses

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nolan Cromwell, Kansas, 1975. Beat our ass at home and almost cost us the National Championship.

that was absolutely the worst game ever at Owen Field. Turnovers cost OU that game, plain and simple. I can't blame that one on the D. Cromwell was good, but that was a game OU should not have lost. Not that year...

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that was absolutely the worst game ever at Owen Field. Turnovers cost OU that game, plain and simple. I can't blame that one on the D. Cromwell was good, but that was a game OU should not have lost. Not that year...

Not sure of the stats, but I'm guessing Elle Roberson killed you guys in 01 I believe