• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB questions abound, who gets paid.. AND.. how much?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is exactly what should happen.

And nobody has a worse QB situation than Washington right now

His price surely went up, but it is in Heinicke’s best interest to sign in Washington also. It provides him the best opportunity to start and get an even bigger pay check next time.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't argue the point, howeve
as i have said at this time allen can be retained for the NFL minimum . if TH wants starter money then you let him walk because you cant afford it for a mostly unproven player. allen is an exclusive rights.

as i have said at this time allen can be retained for the NFL minimum . if TH wants starter money then you let him walk because you cant afford it for a mostly unproven player. allen is an exclusive rights FA
One thing last night proved was how dynamic this offense can be with the right guy at QB. Allen is a decent backup but he doesn't offer you that sort of electricity. I'm not sure that they are going to want Allen back. We will see!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might have played himself out of a contract that Washington deems reasonable. This is a get paid while you can, for as much as you can league. He is now an unrestricted free agent and will be a hot name on the market, possibly too hot for D.C., considering Kyle Allen's status, their current contract with Alex Smith and the real chance that Washington still wants to free agent sign or trade for an already well established QB. Tough decisions ahead for this franchise.

Can we keep Snyder out of all of this? Oh, I just remembered he signs the paychecks.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, it is time for his agent to strike while hot. I don't think he can sign until the FA signing period, no? The kid wants to play. I think that is most important to him. I do not think he will be too hard to sign.

Ask tomcat, he is a guy that was so close to being a MLB player. Guys want to play when they know they have skills.

Sportster, the financial game as well as the team loyalty game has changed drastically since I played professional baseball. Back then all an agent could do for a player was to get him his base salary at whatever level he played at (A, AA, AAA) plus incentives based on performance in a given season. Multi year contracts were not offered at the minor league level and the bus stopped for me at Triple AAA. For a guy in his 20s at the time I made good money and all of my expenses were paid but I would have played for free because I loved the game so much.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we keep Snyder out of all of this? Oh, I just remembered he signs the paychecks.
Too late!!

According to one of the posts that @dad gave us Rivera has already stated that he plans to meet with Dan in order to let him know what his plans are with respects to the QB situation going ahead. I can't remember which post it was, perhaps @dad can direct us to it.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too late!!

According to one of the posts that @dad gave us Rivera has already stated that he plans to meet with Dan in order to let him know what his plans are with respects to the QB situation going ahead. I can't remember which post it was, perhaps @dad can direct us to it.

I would love to be a fly on the wall listening to that conversation between RR and Snyder.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Heiny looked great last night. His mobility and throwing were spot on. Unfortuanlly his WR's didn't give him any help in the first half with 3 drops. The front 4 of the defense except Payne didnt step up at all last night. Brady had his way with us. He had all day to throw last night. Fuller had a bad game also. After what Heiny did last night and the defense gave up 31 points is Unacceptable!

last night also showed that we need a major upgrade in the WR core. Both Sims did better in the 2nd half but we have no real threat at WR. Happy how Heiny played gave it is all. I just didn't think Brady would put up 31 points on us.

Too late!!

I would love to be a fly on the wall listening to that conversation between RR and Snyder.
its in the off season 2021 thread

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sportster, the financial game as well as the team loyalty game has changed drastically since I played professional baseball. Back then all an agent could do for a player was to get him his base salary at whatever level he played at (A, AA, AAA) plus incentives based on performance in a given season. Multi year contracts were not offered at the minor league level and the bus stopped for me at Triple AAA. For a guy in his 20s at the time I made good money and all of my expenses were paid but I would have played for free because I loved the game so much.
That was my main point "I would have played for free because I loved the game so much." That is what I was feeling for Heinicke last night. For a guy who is so close in talent and tried for so long it makes you appreciate his effort and his love for playing. You would understand that feeling better than most.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my main point "I would have played for free because I loved the game so much." That is what I was feeling for Heinicke last night. For a guy who is so close in talent and tried for so long it makes you appreciate his effort and his love for playing. You would understand that feeling better than most.

Today's best sports agents are rich because they know how to sell. They sell their client (player) by putting big dollar signs in his eyes and then they sell a team on what a deal they will be getting with his client and of course the bigger the contract is the more money the sports agent makes. If Heinicke can keep those big dollar signs out of his eyes and not let one game plus 7 minutes of his claim to fame get into his head he will be just fine and so will we.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's best sports agents are rich because they know how to sell. They sell their client (player) by putting big dollar signs in his eyes and then they sell a team on what a deal they will be getting with his client and of course the bigger the contract is the more money the sports agent makes. If Heinicke can keep those big dollar signs out of his eyes and not let one game plus 7 minutes of his claim to fame get into his head he will be just fine and so will we.
If Dak Prescott is off the table Matthew Stafford probably could be had for not much in trade and we could still draft a QB in the later rounds to groom

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i figure if newton got 7 mil this year then i wouldnt go go any higher then that if he is competing as a starter . i think he is a colt mccoy type with a better arm and should get about 3 mil

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dak Prescott is off the table Matthew Stafford probably could be had for not much in trade and we could still draft a QB in the later rounds to groom
I bet your idea of not much n the Lions idea of not much are vastly different when it comes to trading for Stafford. He's also an established veteran, he's not gonna come cheap monetary wise.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet your idea of not much n the Lions idea of not much are vastly different when it comes to trading for Stafford. He's also an established veteran, he's not gonna come cheap monetary wise.
he is under contract but the lions get a huge cap hit

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cheap...like a starting price of at least one first, probably two, and two more picks on top of that.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope they keep Heinicke, because while we don’t know if he’ll be durable, great, etc., I think we know if things don’t work out with whoever else they choose there’s going to be a what if and a hypothetical none of us could prove. Give him a chance, have him compete if you are not convinced.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan is busy right now for sure and I'm thinking he has trust in RR to make all football decision related moves. Ron is just informing him.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder has made some poor decisions in the past.....but with this defense?

Trade whatever draft picks is needed to get Watson. On this team in a winnable East or on Miami, he's a lock to make them a true contender.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i figure if newton got 7 mil this year then i wouldnt go go any higher then that if he is competing as a starter . i think he is a colt mccoy type with a better arm and should get about 3 mil

That sounds like a fair number to me.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan is busy right now for sure and I'm thinking he has trust in RR to make all football decision related moves. Ron is just informing him.

Snyder has not proven to me yet that he has trust in anyone other than himself and Bruce for much too long.