• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB questions abound, who gets paid.. AND.. how much?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure anyone signs him. He seems to be done. He was awful with the pats this year
He certainly didn't fit in to that offense. Not that I really even want Cam around but I have seen a few seasons of Cam in Carolina, he was league MVP not too long ago. Perhaps they need to kick the tires and see what's going on with that shoulder before offering or, just stay away.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what washington needs is a qb who can extend plays , make good decisions most of the time and who is accurate . CN , to me doesnt do that

what we need is a qb who mostly plays like TH did vs the bucs . no i didnt say it had to be TH because 5 quarters of football could wreak of matt Flynn

so what qbs in this draft that we have a shot at can do that ? that is where my "scouting " ( which means my guess ) will focus on

from what i have seen jones and trask have 2 out of 3 and to quote MR . Meatloaf that aint bad

what we dont need is a guy who isnt afraid to make the play and reverts to the checkdown all the time . film on RG3 , and DH show the didnt either see the field correctly or TRUST what they had

CDC is risk adverse and even though he will manage some wins he will rarely be the sole reason for the win . its frustrating to me to watch open wrs not get the chance to make plays because of the qb being so conservative . you can have that with a BU but not a starter if you want to compete for championships

Last edited:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He certainly didn't fit in to that offense. Not that I really even want Cam around but I have seen a few seasons of Cam in Carolina, he was league MVP not too long ago. Perhaps they need to kick the tires and see what's going on with that shoulder before offering or, just stay away.
Ron knows Cam better than anyone. He isn’t banging on his door. That should tell you something.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well believe this our losing football team gave up 11 spots in every round of the draft to get knocked out in round one and earning the first place schedule with no answer at qb . so if we are going negative lets go all out (dont get me wrong i am very happy with our season )

getting watson means gutting 2 drafts , blowing all our cap space , and losing some key players on our d/line maybe even young or sweat , payne MAC could go to even sherrf

so the question is can we succeed with 3-7 draft picks and UDRFA's filling in at some spots

hell we got deano wanting to cut 3 off the team now ? do we want danny johnson lining up as the starting CB ? or do you think reaves is our safety ?
we shouldnt go that route . dont get me wrong but for this to work we have to HIT on picks that normally wont be more then BU's .

Rumors will be flying everywhere out there on where Watson and others might go before the dust settles. Heck, there is even a rumor floating around out there that Watson goes to New England straight up for Coach B. This is the pattern every year when the season ends and the teams that handle drafting, trading, and FA the best are usually the teams that contend the best.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is 8 spots lower but do they play to get the lowest draft pick or win as many as possible. Point taken but you play to win the game.

Absolutely you play to win and deal with drafting when it's time to draft.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what washington needs is a qb who can extend plays , make good decisions most of the time and who is accurate . CN , to me doesnt do that

what we need is a qb who mostly plays like TH did vs the bucs . no i didnt say it had to be TH because 5 quarters of football could wreak of matt Flynn

so what qbs in this draft that we have a shot at can do that ? that is where my "scouting " ( which means my guess ) will focus on

from what i have seen jones and trask have 2 out of 3 and to quote MR . Meatloaf that aint bad

what we dont need is a guy who isnt afraid to make the play and reverts to the checkdown all the time . film on RG3 , and DH show the didnt either see the field correctly or TRUST what they had

CDC is risk adverse and even though he will manage some wins he will rarely be the sole reason for the win . its frustrating to me to watch open wrs not get the chance to make plays because of the qb being so conservative . you can have that with a BU but not a starter if you want to compete for championships

Right now in a mock draft Jones is projected to be the 8th overall pick going to the Panthers even though this means little or nothing.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now in a mock draft Jones is projected to be the 8th overall pick going to the Panthers even though this means little or nothing.
i would say let them overdraft him that much .

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron knows Cam better than anyone. He isn’t banging on his door. That should tell you something.

Living in NC I saw a lot of Cam over the years and I can tell you that he is not even close to the Cam he once was. Even though he is a big QB he has taken way too many shots to his body by trying to be a hero on 3rd and one or two trying to get a first down when he should have been handing the ball off to a big RB behind him to get the first down. These shots have taken a toll on Cam and like you said Ron knows Cam better than anyone.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I BELIEVE that we should just stay away. You see, you've got me BELIEVING.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about drafting Jones at #8. I like the guy, he has accuracy, anticipation, understands play concepts and how to read defenses.

BTW I don't know what anyone else thinks but I was flabbergasted at Ohio State and their 4-4 defense. They were saying we'll stop the run and make Smith and Jones beat us. The good news for OSU is Smith didn't play the 2nd half because they were getting M bare assed.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about drafting Jones at #8. I like the guy, he has accuracy, anticipation, understands play concepts and how to read defenses.

BTW I don't know what anyone else thinks but I was flabbergasted at Ohio State and their 4-4 defense. They were saying we'll stop the run and make Smith and Jones beat us. The good news for OSU is Smith didn't play the 2nd half because they were getting M bare assed.

Like dad said, let the Panthers over draft Jones at #8 if that's what they decide to do since we won't be drafting that high anyway.

Concerning the natty, Saban has had some great teams but this Alabama team might might be one of his best teams ever. Since we have quite a few players from both the Tide and the Buckeyes I'm wondering if they might have had a few personal bets going on with each other. If they did I'm guessing that it was for more than just a beer or two.