• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB questions abound, who gets paid.. AND.. how much?

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder has made some poor decisions in the past.....but with this defense?

Trade whatever draft picks is needed to get Watson. On this team in a winnable East or on Miami, he's a lock to make them a true contender.

Are you talking about this defense that just gave up 31 points in a playoff game?

I've said several times that I like Watson A LOT but not enough to give up the farm and all the buildings standing on it which is probably what it would take to get him.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder has not proven to me yet that he has trust in anyone other than himself and Bruce for much too long.
Well, with the hot water Snyder is in, I'm certain RR holds all the strings to personnel moves.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan is busy right now for sure and I'm thinking he has trust in RR to make all football decision related moves. Ron is just informing him.
RR didn't ask Snyder to cut Haskins, he informed him he was cutting Haskins.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you talking about this defense that just gave up 31 points in a playoff game?

I've said several times that I like Watson A LOT but not enough to give up the farm and all the buildings standing on it which is probably what it would take to get him.
Yes, this defense. Let's talk about it because they actually let the team down and I still believe the game plan for Brady was gift wrapped to round 2.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, this defense. Let's talk about it because they actually let the team down and I still believe the game plan for Brady was gift wrapped to round 2.

But you BELIEVED!

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheap...like a starting price of at least one first, probably two, and two more picks on top of that.
Heh. Yeah, cheap like that and then tack on the salary Stafford would rightfully be looking for and he'd be a real bargain.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way in hell the Detroit Lions would get a 1st or 2nd rounder for Stafford at this point

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way in hell the Detroit Lions would get a 1st or 2nd rounder for Stafford at this point
I dunno dude, this is Washington with its reputation as overpay central. He's certainly not worth anything close to a 1st or 2nd rounder, but hey desperate times produces desperate measures.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt give up the farm for Watson or Stafford.

The WFT is not a qb away from winning the superbowl.

They are a qb away from contending in the NFC East. That’s not saying a whole heckuva lot.

In order to contend for a super bowl, they need to have enough weapons to beat: The Rams, The Seahawks, The Packers, and maybe The Saints (all NFC perennial playoff contendors assuming Brees plays next year).

Would Watson and our minorly upgraded team (less draft picks it took to get Watson and free agent spending, less money it took to sign watson) beat any of those teams?

Probably not.

continue to bulld through the draft, and be judicious in your free agent contracts is the best way to grow to be a perennial contendor.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly did! My reservations were about the offense. Go figure...

I tried but I've got to admit I never believed mainly because of Brady's playoff ability, particularly in the first round. Now I will agree with you on this, I had reservations about our offense too but as things turned out I should have had reservations about our defense. Go figure...

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well believe this our losing football team gave up 11 spots in every round of the draft to get knocked out in round one and earning the first place schedule with no answer at qb . so if we are going negative lets go all out (dont get me wrong i am very happy with our season )

getting watson means gutting 2 drafts , blowing all our cap space , and losing some key players on our d/line maybe even young or sweat , payne MAC could go to even sherrf

so the question is can we succeed with 3-7 draft picks and UDRFA's filling in at some spots

hell we got deano wanting to cut 3 off the team now ? do we want danny johnson lining up as the starting CB ? or do you think reaves is our safety ?
we shouldnt go that route . dont get me wrong but for this to work we have to HIT on picks that normally wont be more then BU's .

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is probably what's going to happen. Scott Tuner wants a running QB.
Might as well sign Cam to league minimum with opportunity to start. Heineken, Allen & Newton. May the best man win! CDC likely retires.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well sign Cam to league minimum with opportunity to start. Heineken, Allen & Newton. May the best man win! CDC likely retires.
Cam should too

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RFA and Taylor Heinicke​

RESTRICTED FREE AGENT (RFA)

• A restricted free agent (RFA) is any NFL veteran [that reaches the end of his contract] with three accrued seasons but not four accrued seasons of service. (Under certain restrictions, any NFL player with three accrued seasons shall be free to negotiate and sign a contract with any other NFL club).
  • The RFA has a signing window of roughly one month—typically between early to mid-March, when free agency starts, and mid-April. The signing period must last a minimum of thirty-five days and cannot end later than five days before the annual NFL Draft.
  • If an RFA player is tendered a Qualifying Offer, his original team has the right of first refusal and may receive a draft selection as compensation if the player signs a contract with a new team.
The original team can give a player one of four Qualifying tenders: Restricted Free Agent (RFA) Tenders

(a) right of first refusal only, or

(b) right of first refusal + draft selection at the player’s original draft round, (e.g. rounds three through seven) or

(c) right of first refusal + one second-round draft selection or

(d) right of first refusal + one first-round draft selection.
temp_RFA_tenders.jpg

SInce Heinicke was an undrafted free agent coming out of college, there would be no draft compensation if Washington were to tender him at the “original round” amount and he were to sign with another team.

The only choice here is whether to offer Heinicke the lowest level of $2.24m or to use the Second Round tender offer that costs $3.42m. The extra $1.2m would simply be insurance intended to keep any other team from “poaching” the young quarterback.

Considering that Heinicke was out of the league completely in 2019 and most of 2020, and has played less than 5 quarters of professional football since the end of 2018, this seems like a pretty expensive premium.

I’ve also gotta think that Heinicke will see his best opportunity of sticking on a roster to lie with Scott Turner and Ron Rivera, and I think he might forgo an extra million or so of non-guaranteed money if he thought he might be given a shot at getting on the field in the regular season in Washington versus competing for a backup spot somewhere else.

My guess is that Washington will tender Heinicke at the lowest amount with little risk of him being signed away by another team (remember that the tender also comes with a right of first refusal if they want to match a competing offer). If they choose to spend the extra money on a second-round tender, however, that would virtually guarantee that he would enter camp with Washington in 2021.

a 2nd round tender is 3.2 mil which is what the skins would offer . they cant offer him the original team tender because they arent his original team

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The ERFA and Kyle Allen​

EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS FREE AGENT (ERFA)

• An exclusive rights free agent (ERFA) is any NFL veteran [who reaches the end of his contract] with less than three accrued seasons. A rookie (first-year player), second, and third-year player each fall into this category.
  • A player with exclusive rights status may only sign a contract with their original team, if the original team placed the minimum salary tender, typically during the first days following the completion of the Super Bowl through the start of the new league year (mid-March).
  • Any player who receives a team’s exclusive rights minimum salary tender will not be able to negotiate with another team, and the player must only re-sign with his original team.
  • If the minimum salary tender is not given or the tender has been withdrawn by the original team to a player with less than three accrued seasons, that player will then be completely free to sign with any team without any penalty or any restrictions.
Kyle Allen is completely under the control of the Washington Football Team until the first day of the league year.

If the team offers him a vet-minimum contract any time prior to the end of the 2020 league year, then his only choices are to accept it or not to play. If the team does not tender the offer, then Allen would become an unrestricted free agent on the first day of the new year.

The cost of the ERFA for Kyle Allen in 2021 should be $850,000 for one year. That’s a no-brainer.

Kyle Allen, assuming he plays out the season in Washington, would still not be an unrestricted free agent in 2022, and the WFT would control his rights for at least the 2023 season on a very inexpensive contract.

Ron Rivera and Scott Turner seem to have a lot of belief in Allen. Don’t forget that he started 12 games for Rivera in Carolina last season, and Ron decided to trade for him this year. A couple of weeks ago, when a reporter asked a ‘softball’ question about whether the team would be where it is without the contribution of Alex Smith, Ron’s surprising reply was to say that the team would have been successful under Kyle Allen if he hadn’t been injured mid-season. Ron has constantly talked up Kyle Allen as an NFL quarterback.

this the situation with Allen . you are looking at about 4 .2 mil to keep both in the fold . i think montez will be around but i expect a draft pick to be in there too

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RFA and Taylor Heinicke​

RESTRICTED FREE AGENT (RFA)

• A restricted free agent (RFA) is any NFL veteran [that reaches the end of his contract] with three accrued seasons but not four accrued seasons of service. (Under certain restrictions, any NFL player with three accrued seasons shall be free to negotiate and sign a contract with any other NFL club).
  • The RFA has a signing window of roughly one month—typically between early to mid-March, when free agency starts, and mid-April. The signing period must last a minimum of thirty-five days and cannot end later than five days before the annual NFL Draft.
  • If an RFA player is tendered a Qualifying Offer, his original team has the right of first refusal and may receive a draft selection as compensation if the player signs a contract with a new team.
The original team can give a player one of four Qualifying tenders: Restricted Free Agent (RFA) Tenders

(a) right of first refusal only, or

(b) right of first refusal + draft selection at the player’s original draft round, (e.g. rounds three through seven) or

(c) right of first refusal + one second-round draft selection or

(d) right of first refusal + one first-round draft selection.
temp_RFA_tenders.jpg

SInce Heinicke was an undrafted free agent coming out of college, there would be no draft compensation if Washington were to tender him at the “original round” amount and he were to sign with another team.

The only choice here is whether to offer Heinicke the lowest level of $2.24m or to use the Second Round tender offer that costs $3.42m. The extra $1.2m would simply be insurance intended to keep any other team from “poaching” the young quarterback.

Considering that Heinicke was out of the league completely in 2019 and most of 2020, and has played less than 5 quarters of professional football since the end of 2018, this seems like a pretty expensive premium.

I’ve also gotta think that Heinicke will see his best opportunity of sticking on a roster to lie with Scott Turner and Ron Rivera, and I think he might forgo an extra million or so of non-guaranteed money if he thought he might be given a shot at getting on the field in the regular season in Washington versus competing for a backup spot somewhere else.

My guess is that Washington will tender Heinicke at the lowest amount with little risk of him being signed away by another team (remember that the tender also comes with a right of first refusal if they want to match a competing offer). If they choose to spend the extra money on a second-round tender, however, that would virtually guarantee that he would enter camp with Washington in 2021.

a 2nd round tender is 3.2 mil which is what the skins would offer . they cant offer him the original team tender because they arent his original team
I would love for this to be the case with respect to what it's going to take for Washington to re-sign Heinicke. Unfortunately, Heinicke won't be a restricted free agent. Instead after going head to head with Tom Brady and becoming a playoff sensation, he will become an unrestricted free agent in February. He says that he wants to be here but make no mistake, there will be suitors and a possible bidding war for his services. The ONLY question now is how $$much$$ is Washington willing to shell out in order to win his services.

Taylor Heinicke wants to return to the Washington Football ...

1 day ago · Taylor Heinicke wants to return to the Washington Football Team January 11, 2021, 10:56 AM An unrestricted free agent next month, playoff sensation Taylor Heinicke tells The Junkies he wants to return to Washington next season.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love for this to be the case with respect to what it's going to take for Washington to re-sign Heinicke. Unfortunately, Heinicke won't be a restricted free agent. Instead after going head to head with Tom Brady and becoming a playoff sensation, he will become an unrestricted free agent in February. He says that he wants to be here but make no mistake, there will be suitors and a possible bidding war for his services. The ONLY question now is how $$much$$ is Washington willing to shell out in order to win his services.

Taylor Heinicke wants to return to the Washington Football ...

1 day ago · Taylor Heinicke wants to return to the Washington Football Team January 11, 2021, 10:56 AM An unrestricted free agent next month, playoff sensation Taylor Heinicke tells The Junkies he wants to return to Washington next season.
thats where the tender comes in