• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OKLAHOMA QB: Trevor Knight or Blake Belldozer?

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see why Sooner fans view Ash as an average to below average QB based on his game against OU, which was terrible b/c it came against an average OU team. OU was an ass hair away from 5 losses last year, but was lucky to have a good enough offense with an experienced 4 year starter at QB to bail them out from losing to WVU, Okie jr, and Baylor. Their luck ran out against Aggy, as Aggy brutally raped and exposed just how bad the Sooners really were last year. So yes, if I was a Sooner fan, I would regard David Ash as a subpar QB based on that one game against a barely average Sooner team last year.

that's pretty funny considering OU depanted and spanked the living shit out of yer boys, last year.:laugh3:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see why Sooner fans view Ash as an average to below average QB based on his game against OU, which was terrible b/c it came against an average OU team. OU was an ass hair away from 5 losses last year, but was lucky to have a good enough offense with an experienced 4 year starter at QB to bail them out from losing to WVU, Okie jr, and Baylor. Their luck ran out against Aggy, as Aggy brutally raped and exposed just how bad the Sooners really were last year. So yes, if I was a Sooner fan, I would regard David Ash as a subpar QB based on that one game against a barely average Sooner team last year.

that's pretty funny considering OU depanted and spanked the living shit out of yer boys, last year.:laugh3:

Oh, I'm not denying that, it was a beatdown. All I'm pointing out is that Pooner fans keep reflecting to the OU game why Ash is an average to below average QB b/c of how bad Texas lost to a shitty Pooner team last year. Landry Jones is the only reason why OU didn't lose 5 games last year, as your defense was severely raped by Tavon Austin, I mean WVU, Okie jr, Baylor and Aggy.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe you texas fans say OU had no running game the last few years when DeMarco Murray and Damien Williams ran wild on you.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe you texas fans say OU had no running game the last few years when DeMarco Murray and Damien Williams ran wild on you.

D. Murray had one good run against Texas and it was a 65 yard run in '07; he never did anything after that. Like Murray, Williams had 1 big run as well; we'll see if he can do anything this year. I know you Pooners love to measure your success on how you do against Texas, but OU has not had a legit running game since '08. Since '08 when OU finished as the #2 rushing team in the Big 12, they have since finished the season in conference:

'09 - #7 rushing offense in Big 12

'10 - #10 rushing offense in Big 12

'11 - #7 rushing offense in Big 12

'12 - #7 rushing offense in Big 12 (pretty bad, considering there is only 10 teams now)

That's not good......

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the whole point.
We know we have no running game, but we run all over your pathetic defense.
We know our defense sucks, but snuff out Ash in everything he tries to do.

What part of "you guys suck" do you not get yet?

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the whole point.
We know we have no running game, but we run all over your pathetic defense.
We know our defense sucks, but snuff out Ash in everything he tries to do.

What part of "you guys suck" do you not get yet?

these guys are stubborn as all get out. facts mean nothing to them and stats are everything.

and by gawd, them stats is the end all, be all!~

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

OH, I know you're pretty level headed Goldbug, but the rest of your fan base really does view Ash as an average to below average QB due to the game against OU, which he did stink up. KU wasn't really as bad as it's made out to be, as the Jayhawks were tough as hell at home last year, but still it's KfreakinU, I know. VY almost lost to KU in '04, too. I agree with all of what you said in bold; all Ash needs to be is AJ McCarron: hand the ball off to your badass RBs, make the easy throws to keep the chains moving and just use the talent around you to help manage the game clock. We don't need Ash to be great, just good.

Isn't he, though?

I'll keep an eye out for his Heisman campaign.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I remember Quentin Griffin scoring 6 touchdowns in one game vs texas all by himself. Yeah that really happened, SIX.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really People...The whole point of this thread was who is going to be OU's starting QB...they finally get around to naming them and you guys are still arguing about whether David Ash is a shit qb or not.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really People...The whole point of this thread was who is going to be OU's starting QB...they finally get around to naming them and you guys are still arguing about whether David Ash is a shit qb or not.

pNktu3B.jpg

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, maybe you should actually LOOK at his stats instead of speaking from ignorance.

David Ash isn't the problem for Texas, and neither is their offense. Ash isn't a world beater, but he's good enough to get the job done.

You know, everyone in the country thinks they really know about Ash. I hope they just keep on thinking what they do now. He's not Andrew Luck, or Colt or VY, but he's going to be pretty good.

Ou gets to see the pain we've gone through the past 4 years looking for a QB to replace Colt. Doesn't really matter if it's Bell of TK, neither has experience in passing his team to a comeback win. Unless Knight is the second coming of Johnny Manziel, which is like winning the lottery, they will suffer this year at times with inexperience at QB. The key word is experience. Some of these people should go back and watch the Okie State game and see that at least Ash has done it before.