• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OKLAHOMA QB: Trevor Knight or Blake Belldozer?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, who is it going to be?

The rest of the nation wants to know.... Sounds like in one of the biggest QB battles of the year, the Freshman has the edge. Knight starting QB?

Stoopes loves him

Wakeboard.... Mark.... Outchermind.... 7NATTYS.... Wheat....

What say you? Knight is the man for the job... NO?

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice.. I think that is the right move. Kid sounds like he is a baller.

Wonder how that affects Belldozer's psyche.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TK has looked good in every outing. He is leaner than Bell but rumor is he is smart on top of having the skills. If Bell thought he was getting handed the throne then he got complacent. I don't blame him, the Sooner Nation has elevated him quite nicely to be the successor but Stoops said change is coming and doesn't get in any better than making the QBs battle it out. If Stoops has done one thing right while at OU, its set us up with the best man under center.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TK has looked good in every outing. He is leaner than Bell but rumor is he is smart on top of having the skills. If Bell thought he was getting handed the throne then he got complacent. I don't blame him, the Sooner Nation has elevated him quite nicely to be the successor but Stoops said change is coming and doesn't get in any better than making the QBs battle it out. If Stoops has done one thing right while at OU, its set us up with the best man under center.

Its very similar to Oregon last year giving the job to Freshman Mariota over a guy that started a game and played quite a bit in Sophomore Bennett. Worked great for Oregon.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why there was ever a competition. Watching Bell, that dude is NOT starting QB material. He's a fullback playing QB. They need to move him.

I can't imagine how OU could possibly compete if say, they get behind 3 scores......and Bell is the QB. I just don't see them coming back in that situation. His ceiling is probably close to Colin Klein, but I don't think he's as good a passer as Klein was.

Knight looks to be a legit QB. IMO he's CLEARLY the better option.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why there was ever a competition. Watching Bell, that dude is NOT starting QB material. He's a fullback playing QB. They need to move him.

I can't imagine how OU could possibly compete if say, they get behind 3 scores......and Bell is the QB. I just don't see them coming back in that situation. His ceiling is probably close to Colin Klein, but I don't think he's as good a passer as Klein was.

Knight looks to be a legit QB. IMO he's CLEARLY the better option.

Then why did Bell pass for so many yards in high school. He's a lot better passer than Klein will ever be.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klein was a phenomenal College QB. Belldozer could equal Klein's accomplishments.

If Stoope's staff believes Knight gives them a better chance to win I am convinced Oky is a very scary team this season and should run away with the Big12 title.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why did Bell pass for so many yards in high school. He's a lot better passer than Klein will ever be.

Dude ANYBODY can pass for tons of yards in HS, get real

I've watched Bell, he literally has NO FUTURE at QB. None whatsoever. This is the end of his football career. He's not accurate, he doesn't have touch on his passes......he's simply not that good.

And no, he's not a better passer than Klein. Klein was a heisman candidate at QB, call us when Bell is even in that discussion, he can't win a starting job!

Take that homerism outta here and try to be more realistic.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nobody has seen Bell run the system. he's only been in that stupid Belldozer package.
nobody has seen knight at all.

so the answer is who the hell knows.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nobody has seen Bell run the system. he's only been in that stupid Belldozer package.

Apparently Stoops has seen them both, and made a decision. From what I've seen of Bell, I'm not impressed. As a runner, he's great. As a passer? Not so much. For the record I think Stoops is going with the right guy.

I was hoping he'd pick Bell, because that gives Texas a better shot to win IMO. Knight is an unknown......so now I have a new reason to worry. Guess we'll all find out in a week.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean Blevins is reporting Trevor Knight as the starter.

Btw, Blake Bell > David Ash

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping he'd pick Bell, because that gives Texas a better shot to win IMO. Knight is an unknown......so now I have a new reason to worry. Guess we'll all find out in a week.

I think if I were texas fan, I'd be more worried about my qb, than who OU is going to have as the starter.

David Ash is not going to lead ut the the promised land any time soon.....

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoops is nervous about his legacy; not his job.......his legacy. He's got to start winning big fast or he'll fall way behind the winning reputations of Bud Wilkinson and Barry Switzer. He's clean and he's tough when he has to be but he's not winning like he should. He's blown too many big games when it hurt the most. He's in the mood to make some major changes at OU. Trevor Knight is a major change. And for the record, don't think for a minute that if Mike Stoops' defense is horrible again he won't be shown the door. Stoops is a man on a mission now. Let's see if he can pull it off. OU is 8-4 with Blake Bell. With Knight? Probably better......IF the defense improves....a lot.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think if I were texas fan, I'd be more worried about my qb, than who OU is going to have as the starter.

David Ash is not going to lead ut the the promised land any time soon.....

LOL.....that's the problem with you guys, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Maybe you should actually look up Ash's numbers, they might surprise you. And he doesn't have to lead Texas anywhere......his OL and RB do. All Ash has to do is limit mistakes, which he makes very few of in the first place.

I take it you have no idea Texas was a top 15 offense last year, do you?

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they weren't when they played OU, that's for sure.....and please take off the burnt orange glasses as it makes you look like you don't know what you are talking about.....

LvilleSooner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm kinda with OOYM on this one...outside of the coaching staff & those close (closer than me anyway) to the program, who has really seen Bell operate anything other than Red Zone offense ?

If Knight is everthing the early reports are telling us, then OU should perhaps move forward with him, with the luxury of not having to rely on his arm - considering the stable of backs & running game that returns. My question would be more of - what's our O line / depth look like ?

I do however hope that we will still see the BellDozer. No one seems to have an answer for stopping it yet !

Wheat ! Good to see / hear from you brutha ! ! !

Stay Strong

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they weren't when they played OU, that's for sure.....and please take off the burnt orange glasses as it makes you look like you don't know what you are talking about.....

Once again, maybe you should actually LOOK at his stats instead of speaking from ignorance.

David Ash isn't the problem for Texas, and neither is their offense. Ash isn't a world beater, but he's good enough to get the job done.