• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OKLAHOMA QB: Trevor Knight or Blake Belldozer?

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Bell to be a Husker back in the day.

Whether it's him or Knight, someone's going to have to distribute the rock efficiently... Hard to be impressed at this point with OU's QB situation.

Good luck bitches.

Psualltheway5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Oklahoma still looking to steal another one of our receivers?

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU never stole one in the first place. Nice try, tho...

as for the texas fan, if you think all you have to do is hand Ash the keys and everything will come up roses, then you at the ignorant one....but hey keep those burnt orange glasses on. If I were texas fan, I would grasp at any straw I could

Psualltheway5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

as for the texas fan, if you think all you have to do is hand Ash the keys and everything will come up roses, then you at the ignorant one....but hey keep those burnt orange glasses on. If I were texas fan, I would grasp at any straw I could

So you think Oklahoma wasn't trying to actively recruit Justin Brown?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klein was a phenomenal College QB. Belldozer could equal Klein's accomplishments.

If Stoope's staff believes Knight gives them a better chance to win I am convinced Oky is a very scary team this season and should run away with the Big12 title.
-
I think OU will score pts. Freshman QB is a worry, but arguably the best o-line and wr corp in the conference. The RBs are upper echelon also. The defense is a massive worry. They were not particularly good last yr and they are replacing players there. Amazing to say this, but OU front 7 maybe in the lower half of the league. That should never be said about Texas or OU.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is Knight must have made huge improvements in the off season to even be considered for the starting job. What I saw in the spring game is not what I want starting at QB for OU. On the other hand Bell looked like the only guy with experience in the spring game. I know the upside to Knight is huge but is OU willing to waste a season while he learns how to play at the D1 level. Stoops might be reaching with this decision. I know he is now willing to make changes but this change is one that Barry recommended about a year ago but was talking about Thompson at the time. Maybe Barry is still running more than we think in Norman?!?

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
I think OU will score pts. Freshman QB is a worry, but arguably the best o-line and wr corp in the conference. The RBs are upper echelon also. The defense is a massive worry. They were not particularly good last yr and they are replacing players there. Amazing to say this, but OU front 7 maybe in the lower half of the league. That should never be said about Texas or OU.

The defense was so bad last season that I am glad that we have very few starters coming back. The guys behind them can't be any worse can they?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-
Just to set the record straight. ADjusted pts per drive: Texas: 3.23 pts (7th in the country) and OU: 3.09 (12th).. Unadjusted for SOS it is actually a bigger gap. Defense Texas: 83rd and OU 55th.. I think it is quite obvious where Texas's short comings are, dont you?

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think Oklahoma wasn't trying to actively recruit Justin Brown?

He was given the option just like every other Penn St player to go somewhere else. Don't see your problem with this. All OU did was give him a chance to show his skills. Why do you ask? Do you have another Justin Brown type WR that wants to transfer? I would buyer if you did. I liked the kid.

Psualltheway5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was given the option just like every other Penn St player to go somewhere else. Don't see your problem with this. All OU did was give him a chance to show his skills. Why do you ask? Do you have another Justin Brown type WR that wants to transfer? I would buyer if you did. I liked the kid.

It's funny because once brown left, Allen Robinson proved to be better than Brown ever was.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense was so bad last season that I am glad that we have very few starters coming back. The guys behind them can't be any worse can they?
-
The lack of quality DTs at Texas and OU recently is kind of mind blowing. This should an area that Texas and OU dominate in recruiting amongst the Big 12. This might be the biggest reason both schools have not been up to their standards recently. Texas's big hope is a true Soph this yr. He needs to break the cycle for Texas to contend for the Big 12

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Just to set the record straight. ADjusted pts per drive: Texas: 3.23 pts (7th in the country) and OU: 3.09 (12th).. Unadjusted for SOS it is actually a bigger gap. Defense Texas: 83rd and OU 55th.. I think it is quite obvious where Texas's short comings are, dont you?

Texas has the same problem as OU, the conference we play in. This is not 3 yards and a cloud of dust they play in the SEC or Big 10. If you can admit nothing else about the Big XII it is a fact that they have some of the best offenses in the country. It used to be only Texas Tech that threw it 50 times a game now you have WVU, OSU, TCU, Baylor, and OU all slinging all over the yard. Defensive statistics are going to suffer with some many teams running the spread. Eventually the defenses will catch up to what is going on.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your lack of reading comprehension is stunning.

David Ash has to be a caretaker. That's it. His TEAMMATES have to do their jobs. Why this is something you can't seem to grasp is beyond me.

I'm said numerous times in this thread, the OL and DL have to step up. We don't need a heisman QB......we just need a serviceable one, which we have. What we NEED is a dominant OL and DL.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
The lack of quality DTs at Texas and OU recently is kind of mind blowing. This should an area that Texas and OU dominate in recruiting amongst the Big 12. This might be the biggest reason both schools have not been up to their standards recently. Texas's big hope is a true Soph this yr. He needs to break the cycle for Texas to contend for the Big 12

I thought it had a lot to do with scheme but now that you mention it we haven't had a really good DT since Gerald McCoy left in 2009. I have the same hope as you that some of the young guys will come in to their own this season. It is not looking good for OU though because they went the JUCO route to bring in DT this season. In years past Stoops would have never done that.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas has the same problem as OU, the conference we play in. This is not 3 yards and a cloud of dust they play in the SEC or Big 10. If you can admit nothing else about the Big XII it is a fact that they have some of the best offenses in the country. It used to be only Texas Tech that threw it 50 times a game now you have WVU, OSU, TCU, Baylor, and OU all slinging all over the yard. Defensive statistics are going to suffer with some many teams running the spread. Eventually the defenses will catch up to what is going on.
-
I dont see the same talent. Truth is the Baylor, OSU, and TCU are stealing more players than either OU or Texas care to admit. Each is grabbing 2-3 players that used to be lock for OU or Texas. Used to be a time that you knew Texas or OU defense would control the LOS. Until those days return the Big 12 will be mired in parity.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Catch up? The defenses, for both teams, until last season, DOMINATED spread offenses. This isn't new to them, Big12 schools have been running it for over a decade!

Neither Texas or OU could get a pass rush or stop the run last year. That's all you really need to stop the spread......disrupt the timing of the offense and bump WRs off their routes.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
I dont see the same talent. Truth is the Baylor, OSU, and TCU are stealing more players than either OU or Texas care to admit. Each is grabbing 2-3 players that used to be lock for OU or Texas. Used to be a time that you knew Texas or OU defense would control the LOS. Until those days return the Big 12 will be mired in parity.

I haven't seen the Texas recruiting ranking drop. Now OU has in the past few years but Texas is always top 5.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen the Texas recruiting ranking drop. Now OU has in the past few years but Texas is always top 5.

Texas has had problems the last two classes getting DTs......I don't think we got a single one.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catch up? The defenses, for both teams, until last season, DOMINATED spread offenses. This isn't new to them, Big12 schools have been running it for over a decade!

Neither Texas or OU could get a pass rush or stop the run last year. That's all you really need to stop the spread......disrupt the timing of the offense and bump WRs off their routes.

I don't know if I would call it dominate. They did better against them but still gave up a ton of yards and points. OU hasn't had a top 10 defense since 2003. How long has it been for Texas 2005?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I would call it dominate. They did better against them but still gave up a ton of yards and points. OU hasn't had a top 10 defense since 2003. How long has it been for Texas 2005?

Texas was #11 in defense in 2011, they've kept a top 10 D.......if memory serves, they've had the best D in the conference for most of the last decade up until last year.