• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OKLAHOMA QB: Trevor Knight or Blake Belldozer?

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what i'm hearing is that if Ash is surrounded by all americans at every position, then he's the guy.

ok, got it now.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what i'm hearing is that if Ash is surrounded by all americans at every position, then he's the guy.

ok, got it now.

LOL, you just keep grasping at straws. If that's what you choose to "hear" so be it. Ignorance is bliss apparently.

Texas returns the most starters on both sides of the ball than anyone in the conference. All they need is those players to step up and PLAY. They don't have to be "all americans" at every position.

Tell us how great Greg McElroy was for Bama.......

Ash is fine for what he is. He just needs his teammates to do their jobs.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your lack of reading comprehension is stunning.

David Ash has to be a caretaker. That's it. His TEAMMATES have to do their jobs. Why this is something you can't seem to grasp is beyond me.

I'm said numerous times in this thread, the OL and DL have to step up. We don't need a heisman QB......we just need a serviceable one, which we have. What we NEED is a dominant OL and DL.

no it isn't.

and if he goes in with that kind of mindset, it doesn't bode well.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your lack of reading comprehension is stunning.

David Ash has to be a caretaker. That's it. His TEAMMATES have to do their jobs. Why this is something you can't seem to grasp is beyond me.

I'm said numerous times in this thread, the OL and DL have to step up. We don't need a heisman QB......we just need a serviceable one, which we have. What we NEED is a dominant OL and DL.

no it isn't.

and if he goes in with that kind of mindset, it doesn't bode well.

His mindset is to play good football. But his line has to do their jobs. Not sure how this is so hard for you to get.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His mindset is to play good football. But his line has to do their jobs. Not sure how this is so hard for you to get.

well duh, isn't that the way you hope it works, LOL!~ I just have my doubts that it will work. Just being a caretaker isn't good enough.

Not so sure why that is so hard for you to get.......

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, you just keep grasping at straws. If that's what you choose to "hear" so be it. Ignorance is bliss apparently.

Texas returns the most starters on both sides of the ball than anyone in the conference. All they need is those players to step up and PLAY. They don't have to be "all americans" at every position.

Tell us how great Greg McElroy was for Bama.......

Ash is fine for what he is. He just needs his teammates to do their jobs.

Get out of here with that crap.
Ash is pitiful, with or without help. What kind of help does he need to keep from throwing the ball RIGHT TO THE OPPOSING TEAM.

We all saw the same game last year in the RRSO. We had a very average team, with a bad defense, and the only offensive points you guys had was with McCoy in the 4th qtr.

Ash comes nowhere close to passing the "eye test".

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ash is pitiful, with or without help. What kind of help does he need to keep from throwing the ball RIGHT TO THE OPPOSING TEAM.

We all saw the same game last year in the RRSO. We had a very average team, with a bad defense, and the only offensive points you guys had was with McCoy in the 4th qtr.

-

this is straight up stupid. Not much I can say beyond that. Based on 0 facts

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like I've said, LOOK UP HIS STATS.

It's clear you don't know what they are, which is why you keep making a fool of yourself here. Here's a clue: He threw less INTs than Landry Jones last season......oops.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nobody has seen Bell run the system. he's only been in that stupid Belldozer package.
nobody has seen knight at all.

so the answer is who the hell knows.

Ummm, Stoops has and I'm pretty sure he knows what a quality QB is. I think I would trust Stoops's decision rather than what some message board posters think, no?

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's clear you don't know what they are, which is why you keep making a fool of yourself here. Here's a clue: He threw less INTs than Landry Jones last season......oops.

I don't care what his stats are, I have seen the guy play, thus, the eye test comment.
So what, he threw less INT's than Landry last year, Landry was fucking terrible. Sure Landry had the stats that surpassed every OU QB ever, but he sucked. The same way Ash does. Good stats, terrible when it counts.

Give it up.
We have seen the guy play with our own eyes.

I will say, however, that I have seen plenty of QB's improve vastly from 1 year to the next, and Ash may be one of those, but he has sucked big ones so far.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care what his stats are, I have seen the guy play, thus, the eye test comment.
So what, he threw less INT's than Landry last year, Landry was fucking terrible. Sure Landry had the stats that surpassed every OU QB ever, but he sucked. The same way Ash does. Good stats, terrible when it counts.

Give it up.
We have seen the guy play with our own eyes.

I will say, however, that I have seen plenty of QB's improve vastly from 1 year to the next, and Ash may be one of those, but he has sucked big ones so far.

LOL, ok, you're going with the "I'm ignorant of the facts" argument, good job.

You're right, I should give it up, you're hopeless. You just admitted you don't know shit and you think that's a plausible position to take, so I'll let you stay in your ignorance.

Ash is fine. I'm not concerned with our offense with him at QB. I'm more concerned with certain members of our OL, and their inability to open up holes for the running game, or reasonably pick up a blitz.

LOL, a top 15 passing offense sucks because of the "eyeball" test, LMAO

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas has had problems the last two classes getting DTs......I don't think we got a single one.

Malcolm Brown was a 5 star in 2012 and saw action as a true freshman last year. In the 2012 class, Mack signed 4 DT's alone. In '13, he was limited as to what he could sign since he only had 15 schollies available, but brought in some quality O-linemen. We're 7 deep currently on DT's in the depth chart. Not sure how many DT's ya'll think we need on the team. Plus, they are young (with the exception of Whaley who is a Sr and D. Jackson who is a Jr.)

Last edited by a moderator:

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, ok, you're going with the "I'm ignorant of the facts" argument, good job.

You're right, I should give it up, you're hopeless. You just admitted you don't know shit and you think that's a plausible position to take, so I'll let you stay in your ignorance.

Ash is fine. I'm not concerned with our offense with him at QB. I'm more concerned with certain members of our OL, and their inability to open up holes for the running game, or reasonably pick up a blitz.

LOL, a top 15 passing offense sucks because of the "eyeball" test, LMAO

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, I can tell. You want to hold stats up as the be all end all. So, I guess that Landry Jones was the Best OU QB of all time, just because he had the stats. LMAO, that's just retarded.
Ash got exposed last year by a really bad Oklahoma Defense.
I don't know why you keep trying to hold this guy up as being a good QB.
Everyone has watched him and nobody but you thinks he's any good.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
r.
Basically my mind is made up, so do not try to confuse me with the facts. Very enlightened stance.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malcolm Brown was a 5 star in 2012 and saw action as a true freshman last year. In the 2012 class, Mack signed 4 DT's alone. In '13, he was limited as to what he could sign since he only had 15 schollies available, but brought in some quality O-linemen. We're 7 deep currently on DT's in the depth chart. Not sure how many DT's ya'll think we need on the team. Plus, they are young (with the exception of Whaley who is a Sr and D. Jackson who is a Jr.)
-
Its a disaster. No DTs in 2013, in fact it was 0 DL signed. (MaybeNaashon Hughes grows into DE, but played safety as Junior.). That is going to leave a mark in 2 yrs. You just can not ignore positions like that.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

good lord, really??? you are going to rely on stats to puff up yer QB?

Really?

so let's look a litte deeper, K?

Jones was 367 of 555. Ash was 214 of 318. Jones had 11 ints and Ash had 8. I'm guessing if Ash had thrown the ball as much as LJ did, he would have had many more INT's.

So just who is the fool, now????:yahoo:

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically my mind is made up, so do not try to confuse me with the facts. Very enlightened stance.

hey at least he's honest (and I happen to agree with him about LJ) which is more than I can say about some or yer fellow fans.....

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Ash was not the problem last season.

If anything his development was one of the best storylines of the 2012 Texas season.

Nobody expected the dramatic leap from 2011 ASH to 2012 ASH.
If we get only 1/3rd of that progression from 2012 to 2013, Ash will be an upper echelon guy.

He was in a league with every team having a 5th year quarterback in 2012.
I think the average age of Big 12 quarterbacks in 2012 was nearly 23 years old.
But 19 year old Ash more than held his own.

This time around Ash will be the experienced player while every other Big 12 team starts an unknown fresh face.

I am 99.99% confident that quarterback will be the least of Texas' issues in 2013.

Whatever problems may arise in 2013, it will not be coming from the signal caller spot.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, we're all clear now, that either Knight or Bell will be better than Ash

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

good lord, really??? you are going to rely on stats to puff up yer QB?

Really?

so let's look a litte deeper, K?

Jones was 367 of 555. Ash was 214 of 318. Jones had 11 ints and Ash had 8. I'm guessing if Ash had thrown the ball as much as LJ did, he would have had many more INT's.

So just who is the fool, now????:yahoo:

Apparently you STILL are.

Ash had a better YPA, better completion percentage, and less INTs. Those are all facts.

Ash had a few poor games.......but in those games, he was NOT the only one to play poorly. It amazes me that fools can watch games, see a guy get hit nearly every play, but somehow the fault is all his. I know you sooners expect Ash to block for himself, as well as catch his own passes and all, but in the real world, football doesn't work that way.

NOBODY here has said Ash was great. Far from it. But he was ADEQUATE. And right now he's more than adequate. We can with 10+ games with him at QB, and would have probably done so last year if not for certain members of our OL throwing away the WVU game.

Unlike you, we watched him play every game. We know what he's capable of. We've seen his growth.

But you in all your wisdom know all based on 2 games. Genius.