• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OKLAHOMA QB: Trevor Knight or Blake Belldozer?

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's doesn't surprise me texas was a top 15 offense. I wouldn't be surprised if the other 9 teams in the conference where in the top 15 as well. Did you see the score in this league last year? There is no defense. That's why top defensive players are going to other conferences. Who want's to be on the field for 60 plays?

OU will have the best receiver corp in the conference and will be even better at rb with the addition of Ross. Defense can help but be better by default.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ash had a better YPA, better completion percentage, and less INTs. Those are all facts.

he also threw way fewer TD's than did LJ and he threw for a crapload less yards than did LJ.

I mean really,are you really that dense? If he had thrown the ball as much as LJ, his overall stats would probably have been much worse than LJ's. Common sense, which you seem to lack any of, would tell a person that.

No, I'd say you have the fool part all wrapped up all to yourself.....

But you in all your wisdom know all based on 2 games. Genius.

you know what it means when you make an assumption, doncha, genius?????

Last edited by a moderator:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ash had a better YPA, better completion percentage, and less INTs. Those are all facts.

he also threw way fewer TD's than did LJ and he threw for a crapload less yards than did LJ.

I mean really,are you really that dense? If he had thrown the ball as much as LJ, his overall stats would probably have been much worse than LJ's. Common sense, which you seem to lack any of, would tell a person that.

No, I'd say you have the fool part all wrapped up all to yourself.....

But you in all your wisdom know all based on 2 games. Genius.

you know what it means when you make an assumption, doncha, genius?????

Not arguing that point, genius.....

The facts ARE what they are......not what you want them to be.

Texas was 9-4 with Ash as the starter last season with the worst defense in school history.

Yet the fool, the IDIOT that you are thinks Ash is the problem, LOL
A top ranked offense led by a QB that doesn't pass the "eyeball" test, must stink. I mean, he's not even vaguely connected to that top ranked offense in any way, is he?

LMAO......keep posting, this is fun

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so are you always this dense and lacking of common sense and reading comprehension?

I never said Ash was the whole problem, now did I? I'm just not convinced he will ever be all that and that is what I've alluded to the whole time.

And to cherry pick your stats, while ignoring others, is just asinine, at best, but maybe that is your best, eh?

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If memory serves me correctly, Oklahoma once won the natty w/ a freshman qb. Whoever gets the nod as starter better be prepared to play lights out or pay the consequences of being yanked mid game. I personally don't want to see a 2 qb system, that shit never works.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going into the season I would have said Bell, hands down.

But know I really don't know. Have heard amazing things about Trevor Knight not only in regards to his skills, but his leadership. Word is the players seemed to be backing Knight....but that could be b/s. I do think it would be a little intriguing about who the players are preferring.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's doesn't surprise me texas was a top 15 offense. I wouldn't be surprised if the other 9 teams in the conference where in the top 15 as well. Did you see the score in this league last year? There is no defense. That's why top defensive players are going to other conferences. Who want's to be on the field for 60 plays?

OU will have the best receiver corp in the conference and will be even better at rb with the addition of Ross. Defense can help but be better by default.
-
Just so you know #1 pts per possession was A&M, #2 Bama, and #3 was Oregon. Reason they are called adjusted stats. Regardless of that fact, the pt was TExas was actually higher than OU in that offensive stat, but significantly lower in the mirrored defensive stat. Was simply a means of pting out that anyone thinking Ash was a reason for a substandard record is entitled to their wrong opinion.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Texas ranked #5 and poised to win the conference championship. However, that is predicated on David Ash playing a hell of a lot better this year.....and I think he will. Last season was not stellar by any stretch of the imagination. He stunk up the game against OU and UT damn near lost to KANSAS until Ash was pulled and Case McCoy produced a last-second touchdown. KANSAS. Ash went down with cracked ribs against Iowa State, and he needed to be pulled again in a Thanksgiving night home loss to TCU. UT played a super game against Oregon State in the Alamo Bowl and since McCoy was suspended for that game Ash went all the way. The biggest problem with Ash last year was he couldn't shake off bad plays; he would get rattled and fall apart. I do think he'll be better this year but if he reverts to form then the Horns will be stuck back in the uncomfortable position of another quarterback derby. A better than decent Ash + some improved line play and a strong defense should be enough to win the conference title in 2013. Don't kid yourselves; David Ash's development over the summer and during fall practices is one of the keys to Texas either being pretty good or extremely good and ending up in the Top 5.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so are you always this dense and lacking of common sense and reading comprehension?

I never said Ash was the whole problem, now did I? I'm just not convinced he will ever be all that and that is what I've alluded to the whole time.

And to cherry pick your stats, while ignoring others, is just asinine, at best, but maybe that is your best, eh?

Not cherry picking anything.

I'm the one that told you to look up his stats to begin with! YOU brought up "all his turnovers", to which I replied he had less than your starter last year!

No one here has said Ash is "all that" - I've SPECIFICALLY said he's ADEQUATE. Do you know what that word means?

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, Ash would be a lot better if he just had better players around him.
:L

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not cherry picking anything.

I'm the one that told you to look up his stats to begin with! YOU brought up "all his turnovers", to which I replied he had less than your starter last year!

No one here has said Ash is "all that" - I've SPECIFICALLY said he's ADEQUATE. Do you know what that word means?

holy mother of Mary and all that is good, you have got to be the dumbest whorn I've ever come across....

actually, you told another poster to look up his stats, first. You then picked the stats that fit your argument and I pointed others that that were way in favor of LJ. I also pointed out that any reasonable person would agree that if Ash had thrown the ball as many times as did LJ, then his stats would not have been as good.

and really living by stats alone is just plain dumb, as again, any reasonable person would agree with.

also, you are the person who brought up the turnover thing in the fist place. you need to go back and reread all of the posts and figure out just where you need to be, cuz you are one lost puppy.....:L

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, Ash would be a lot better if he just had better players around him.
:L

He has great players around him......with the exception of the OL. You sooners should all know the name of Dominic Espinoza, he allowed you guys to have a field day the last two years against Texas. Hell I didn't even know who Espy was until the FIRST PLAY of the RRSO 2 years ago. OU blitzed the A gap......Espy, the center, literally blocked NOBODY. Didn't lay a hand on a single defensive player.

This happened every single time they ran that blitz. He had no idea what to do, or who to block, so he did nothing. The results speak for themselves.

Go back. Watch the tape. NOTICE the center for Texas, and how much of an abortion he was in those games.

THEN maybe you'll start to understand the point here. Or, being OU fans, maybe you'll still be too stupid to understand a QB needs a solid OL in front of him.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy mother of Mary and all that is good, you have got to be the dumbest whorn I've ever come across....

actually, you told another poster to look up his stats, first. You then picked the stats that fit your argument and I pointed others that that were way in favor of LJ. I also pointed out that any reasonable person would agree that if Ash had thrown the ball as many times as did LJ, then his stats would not have been as good.

and really living by stats alone is just plain dumb, as again, any reasonable person would agree with.

also, you are the person who brought up the turnover thing in the fist place. you need to go back and reread all of the posts and figure out just where you need to be, cuz you are one lost puppy.....:L

LMAO.....wrong on all counts.

READ the thread. I told all of you to look at his stats. I was told that all Ash did was give the ball away to the other team.....to which I responded with his INT stats.

STILL unable to read, I see. Good luck with that. Do I really have to embarrass you with quotes?

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuckin Espy...

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I really have to embarrass you with quotes?

you'd only embarrass yourself, but then, you've been doing a bangup job of that, all day long.....arguing with you is like arguing with a 10 year old.

props on that....

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Ash is average. Texas would be lucky to have the talent at QB Norman is currently having battle for the starter.

:nod:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I really have to embarrass you with quotes?

you'd only embarrass yourself, but then, you've been doing a bangup job of that, all day long.....arguing with you is like arguing with a 10 year old.

props on that....

LMAO. In other words, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT WAS POSTED IN THIS THREAD.

I'm right. You are very, very wrong. You can't read, and you keep arguing from a position of complete ignorance.

This is classic. Go ahead, accuse me of something else I didn't post!

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If memory serves me correctly, Oklahoma once won the natty w/ a freshman qb. Whoever gets the nod as starter better be prepared to play lights out or pay the consequences of being yanked mid game. I personally don't want to see a 2 qb system, that shit never works.

Jamelle Holieway, baby!~