• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Season so Far-Week 6

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Season So Far-week –Week 6

1st 4: Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio State, LSU

2nd 4: Georgia, Clemson, Wisconsin, Florida

3rd 4: Notre Dame, Penn State, Texas, Auburn.

Analysis: Since the season has started there has been very little change at the top. The top 6 teams are in a different order, but are the same teams. LSU-Florida and Oklahoma-Texas are two top battles this week. The Big 10 and the SEC still have a lot of games that should help clear up the jam at the top.

Playoff Picks: Clemson, Oklahoma, Ohio State, LSU

Analysis: Despite their drop in the polls, Clemson seems to have the easiest path to the playoffs. Oklahoma looks like the next best bet. The Big 10 and SEC still have a lot of games to determine their champions.

Most surprising: Florida, Wake Forrest, Baylor, and SMU

Analysis: Despite losing their main QB, Florida has continued to roll and faces its biggest test this week against LSU. The loser is likely out of the playoffs. Wake is a legitimate contender to Clemson and they meet in November. Baylor hasn’t played a top team yet, but Oklahoma and Texas are on their schedule. SMU is definitely a contender for G-5 New Years day bowl game. Several tough matches remain, especially against Memphis.

Most disappointing: Tennessee, Arkansas, UCLA, Washington

Analysis: Too many haves in the SEC has created some have-nots such as Tennessee and Arkansas. Not much hope for the rest of the season. UCLA just doesn’t have the athletes to compete this year, and Washington has lot 2 games that were winnable. PAC 12 champion will not be in the playoffs.

Heisman Trophy: Jalin Hurts, Tua Tagovailoa, Joe Burrow, Justin Fields, Jonathan Taylor.

Analysis: Big games this week could shake up the ratings of Heisman trophy candidates. Hurts and Burrow are on the spot in this weeks games, and a good performance should be the difference maker for both. Alabama has yet to play a quality opponent, but this will change shortly. Justin Fields and Jonathan Taylor will duel in a couple of weeks and one should be eliminated. It’s certainly any of the 5 to win.

Big 3 Games of the Week: Florida-LSU, Texas-Oklahoma, Alabama-Texas AM

Analysis: Huge game for SEC supremacy for Florida and LSU. Joe Burrow is the best QB that Florida has faced and that should be the difference. LSU 24-Florida 17. A lot of upsets in Texas and OU. Both teams have been giving up points, so expect a high scoring game. Oklahoma has too much on offense for Texas. Oklahoma 45-Texas 27. Best team Alabama has faced to date, but AM has lost all it’s previous big games this season. Same result will happen. Alabama 31-Texas AM 20.

Big games in October and early November: Wisconsin-Ohio State, Auburn-LSU, Michigan-Penn State, Georgia-Florida,

Analysis: Wisconsin and Ohio State should decide at least 1 team in the Big 10 Championship and end the playoff hopes of the other. A chance for Auburn to get back in the playoff picture, and another test for LSU looks like a big battle coming up. Is Penn State for real? They should be able to get by Michigan to set up a titanic battle with Ohio State. If Georgia and Florida is a battle of the unbeaten, then not only the SEC East is at stake, but the possibility of the SEC getting 2 participants in the playoffs.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff, but in my opinion, BAMA v aTm will be over with at the half.

aTm is not a good team and Mond is not a good QB.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still Alabama's best opponent to date.

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sold on LSU yet for similar reasons that people doubted Oklahoma last year. Can their defense hold enough? Can they win a shootout with Bama, tOSU, Clemson or Oklahoma, the latter is s team used to shootouts.

I am not sold on Florida either. Turnovers against any level of completion. We will see what their Defense is made of this week.

In the last two weeks, several teams showed they were mortal. Clemson, Oklahoma and Georgia.

Wisconsin is a good team but, does not have the horses to run with the upper tier teams. Auburn is over ranked. Bama has not run across anyone who can expose their defensive weaknesses. Not sure Georgia can keep up in a shootout although their defense is probably good enough to slow things down.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff, but in my opinion, BAMA v aTm will be over with at the half.

aTm is not a good team and Mond is not a good QB.

Mond has played well against us for whatever reason. I fully expect them to make it tough, especially given our issues on D.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sold on LSU yet for similar reasons that people doubted Oklahoma last year. Can their defense hold enough? Can they win a shootout with Bama, tOSU, Clemson or Oklahoma, the latter is s team used to shootouts.

I am not sold on Florida either. Turnovers against any level of completion. We will see what their Defense is made of this week.

In the last two weeks, several teams showed they were mortal. Clemson, Oklahoma and Georgia.

Wisconsin is a good team but, does not have the horses to run with the upper tier teams. Auburn is over ranked. Bama has not run across anyone who can expose their defensive weaknesses. Not sure Georgia can keep up in a shootout although their defense is probably good enough to slow things down.

Oklahoma wasn’t at their best Saturday, but they still were more dominant than the score would indicate. And their D got an opposing OC fired. That has to count for do a lot given the past 2 seasons.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not really sold on anyone. That's what makes this season great. I don't think we have that one super team. It'll make the 2nd half of the season really great and the playoffs look fantastic this year.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really sold on anyone. That's what makes this season great. I don't think we have that one super team. It'll make the 2nd half of the season really great and the playoffs look fantastic this year.

I’m 100% sold on tOSU. They have it on both sides of the ball.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seemingly. We have the necessary parts for 2019. We have a dual threat QB. We've got the line to run, and we have a runner(s). Good wideouts. A fantastic front 4 on defense. Good linebackers, and I think a great group of DB's. Anyone can be beat on a given day, but OSU is indeed looking good.

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am almost with you on this and tOSU. I watched a decent portion of that game against MSU. No doubt tOSU has a very good offense but, from what I saw even that sorry excuse for an offense that MSU has was able to move the ball a decent amount. I think the best match up against tOSU among those with any real chance at the CFP, would be Georgia. Good enough defense to slow them down and a grinding offense with just enough big play ability to beat tOSU's defense.

I will say though, as of this week tOSU looks like the best team in college football.

If Oklahoma cannot get in, I would live to see a tOSU v Georgia match up. Strength v strength and Fromm v Fields.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good analysis.

2 things though.

Most disappointing: Tennessee, Arkansas, UCLA, Washington

^^^I was thinking this same exact thing^^^

While I think that I might not put Washington on this list, I think Tennessee and Arkansas are the biggest choke jobs around. What the hell do they do with all that money, to have those kinds of teams. UCLA just can't compete and really haven't had much in recent memory.

Big 3 Games of the Week: Florida-LSU, Texas-Oklahoma, Alabama-Texas AM

I don't know about that one. Are you thinking upset maybe??

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good analysis.

2 things though.

^^^I was thinking this same exact thing^^^

While I think that I might not put Washington on this list, I think Tennessee and Arkansas are the biggest choke jobs around. What the hell do they do with all that money, to have those kinds of teams. UCLA just can't compete and really haven't had much in recent memory.

I don't know about that one. Are you thinking upset maybe??

Well, who else then? I don't see an upset, just AM holding Alabama in the 1st half and then probably getting blown out in the 2nd.

They are both ranked in the top 25.

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And their D got an opposing OC fired

Yea but, Pooka was able to bust some big runs and their gap integrity still needs work. The front seven has put enough pressure to cover a still poor defensive backfield. If I was an opposing coach I would match up my best guy with Motley and score like crazy. Oklahoma's best defensive back is a true freshman, sad.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad...but true. And it appears there isn't another good one until Nov 9.

Yeah, I think Alabama got lucky this year. Alabama-LSU is shaping up as the game of the year in the regular season.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, who else then? I don't see an upset, just AM holding Alabama in the 1st half and then probably getting blown out in the 2nd.

They are both ranked in the top 25.
Penn St at Iowa will be a far closer , more competitive game than Bama - A&M. Although it'll probably end 13-10 so it won't be everyone's cup of tea

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn St at Iowa will be a far closer , more competitive game than Bama - A&M. Although it'll probably end 13-10 so it won't be everyone's cup of tea

That was the last game I considered besides Alabama and Texas AM. It should be an interesting game. I would say Iowa has a better chance for an upset than the Aggies.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimbo might jump up and be somebody.

AllSpiritedEgret-size_restricted.gif

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am almost with you on this and tOSU. I watched a decent portion of that game against MSU. No doubt tOSU has a very good offense but, from what I saw even that sorry excuse for an offense that MSU has was able to move the ball a decent amount. I think the best match up against tOSU among those with any real chance at the CFP, would be Georgia. Good enough defense to slow them down and a grinding offense with just enough big play ability to beat tOSU's defense.

I will say though, as of this week tOSU looks like the best team in college football.

If Oklahoma cannot get in, I would live to see a tOSU v Georgia match up. Strength v strength and Fromm v Fields.

One thing to remember is MSU ALWAYS plays them tough, and Lewerke is a pretty good QB. tOSU was good enough to overcome a slow offensive start because their defense is really good at all three levels. I do think the best shot any team has is rattling Fields, but it hasn’t happened so far.

Agree on UGA. This is their year to get it done, and they are a tough matchup for the fast track teams. They can slow down a game, mash you with their OL, and Fromm can surgically pick you apart. The defense is full of top shelf talent.

A UGA/tOSU would be a great one to watch for sure.

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do think the best shot any team has is rattling Fields,

I think you hit on the key to a tOSU loss. As good as he is, for all intents and purposes Fields is a freshman QB with a talented and athletic supporting cast. Rattle him and get him to make some freshman mistakes (like Florida did to Nix) and tOSU will have to lean heavily on their defense.