• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Ohio State vs. Wisconsin

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be one of the top games of week 5, with Wisconsin coming to Columbus for an 8:00 primetime kickoff being played on ABC. Last time these 2 teams met in Columbus was 2 years ago when Ohio State won in dramatic fashion on a Braxton Miller hail mary with half a minute left. There are very few times when these teams play and don't have an amazingly entertaining game.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be one of the top games of week 5, with Wisconsin coming to Columbus for an 8:00 primetime kickoff being played on ABC. Last time these 2 teams met in Columbus was 2 years ago when Ohio State won in dramatic fashion on a Braxton Miller hail mary with half a minute left. There are very few times when these teams play and don't have an amazingly entertaining game.

one week after the badgers lost to MSU on a last second hail mary... don't remind us.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one week after the badgers lost to MSU on a last second hail mary... don't remind us.

Too bad you guys didn't have Andersen coaching you that season. You wouldn't have lost a game.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucks shut down Gorden and Stave does the rest (throws interceptions) for TOSU to get the W.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU will win.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a great game two years ago. Great.

I think this game will be closer than people expect, BUT this game you might think would be about defense but it isn't. It is tOSU's QB. If Brax plays how is he going to look: fragile and nervous or poised and confident? And how is his ability of running the ball?

Also if tOSU can limit this running atrack of Wisky (which will be very difficult) they should win. You can't stop their running game, but have to limit big plays and make Stave throw the ball.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am already pumped for this game! :dance:

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this will be a great game. I tend to think it will be a higher scoring game, as both offenses are better than both defenses IMO. Ohio State has athletes on defense, Wisconsin hasn't seen yet this year, including ASU. Ohio State hasn't played anybody near as effective as Wisconsin's offense, especially their style. Intrigued by what Ohio State will with their QB situation, honestly, I'd play Guiton at this point. After this past weekend I just want to see good games between good teams.

In the end I think Ohio State will pull it out, something like 34-24.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this will be a great game. I tend to think it will be a higher scoring game, as both offenses are better than both defenses IMO. Ohio State has athletes on defense, Wisconsin hasn't seen yet this year, including ASU. Ohio State hasn't played anybody near as effective as Wisconsin's offense, especially their style. Intrigued by what Ohio State will with their QB situation, honestly, I'd play Guiton at this point. After this past weekend I just want to see good games between good teams.

Not totally true as Cal proved to be very effective with the schemes they run. I will acknowledge that you do bring up a great point about style of offense. After the last few weeks I'm no longer worried about TOSU stopping an up tempo offense as that is all they have seen. Wisconsin is bringing in a heavy run first pro-style set that TOSU has not seen this season. I don't really know if we have the run stoppers we use to have last season. Honestly stopping the run is my biggest worry. Got my doubts.

I'm thinking we will see a lot of Chris Carter on the defensive line this week. Would like to see the big man get some. I'm thinking he could be a real difference maker in this game. Dude might just be a new household name in Buckeye land after this game.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, our front seven completely dominated them last year. Their offense only scored 7 points and had about 200 yards last year. And five of our front seven are back.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, our front seven completely dominated them last year. Their offense only scored 7 points and had about 200 yards last year. And five of our front seven are back.

Congrats about last year. I also saw your defense give up 30+ to an ASU team nowhere near as good as Ohio State's offense. I don't think I'm going out on a huge limb saying Ohio State will score 30+.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And the year before that in Columbus, we had 33 points and 357 yards, and many of those same weapons are still here.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not totally true as Cal proved to be very effective with the schemes they run. .

Its more so that the Ohio State defense looks down... If not plain bad.

Cal offense scored 30 points on Portland State and Northwestern. They scored 34 on Ohio State.

That Cal team has 1 win... vs a bad fcs team by 7.

There is a real chance that is their only win this season.

I give then a chance to win 3 other games. 2 of those not a good chance.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cal offense scored 30 points on Portland State and Northwestern. They scored 34 on Ohio State.

I betcha they beat USC :yahoo:

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes Cal is awful, but I think that tunnel screen they run is very effective and Oregon will get to stop it this week.

We have not seen TOSU play a run first team this season. Normally they (TOSU) are build to stop the run due to the B1G being an old school run first league. Again the defense is young and they are improving every week. There is no doubt this will be the biggest test of the season, but I like our chances versus a one dimensional Wisconsin offense. Besides game is in the shoe and the crowd will be pumped.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fickell and this D is just going week to week trying to work on different things, the quick screens was a big thing this last week. This will be a new challenge against a big, physical running team like Wisky. Like said earlier get the big boys in thar (Carter 340 pounds) and we can try and limit em.

We could also go the other way, OSU had somewhat of a no-huddle fast paced offense last year, but this year it is even more fast paced and we have more depth and speed. We have so many options we should just wear out this Wisky D. But it all depends how we defended this Badger runming attack...I'm sure Urban and this coaching staff has been working on it since last week and they have something for em.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Cal is awful, but I think that tunnel screen they run is very effective and Oregon will get to stop it this week.

We have not seen TOSU play a run first team this season. Normally they (TOSU) are build to stop the run due to the B1G being an old school run first league. Again the defense is young and they are improving every week. There is no doubt this will be the biggest test of the season, but I like our chances versus a one dimensional Wisconsin offense. Besides game is in the shoe and the crowd will be pumped.

Its a perfect matchup for Oregon defensively. Cal will fall behind early and will still be running hunh and slingin the football over to one of if not the best secondary in the nation.

Wont be the best indicator of Oregon's defense because Cal is playing directly into its hands.