• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason thread, WR hunt, Cap Space now $4.768M not counting JJ and Jacobs

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are they all going crazy in Miami?

The optimism of finally getting a QB-Manning, Flynn, trade up for RG3-there was a lot of hope for this off season. Then after all that they flirted with Alex and signed Garrard.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
miami always seems to get stuck with nothing but sloppy seconds

SeattleNinersFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sloppy seconds? no way! they are stuck with nasty ass sevenths!

Harbaugh, Fisher, Manning, RGIII, Flynn, Smith, Gerrard.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Everette Brown is still available i would like to possibly add him as a situational pass rusher. Having him play DE was a big mistake IMO.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tebow buzz continues
10:33AM ET
Tim Tebow | Broncos | Interested: Packers?, 49ers?, Browns?, Eagles?, Patriots?, Dolphins?, Jaguars?, Bills?

UPDATE: In an effort to break Twitter, ESPN NFL Insider sent the following tweet on Tuesday morning:

"Three teams to monitor as trade talks for Tim Tebow pick up: Jacksonville, Green Bay, San Francisco."

Again, Green Bay does not seem to be a club likely to give up draft pick compensation for Tebow, but if the Broncos do release him, there's an argument to be made that he'd be worth a shot. It may not come to a release, of course, since it only takes one team to fall in love with the idea to make a trade happen.

---

During an appearance on "Mike and Mike in the Morning" on ESPN Radio on Tuesday, ESPN's Chris Mortensen discussed some potential destinations for Tebow, including one that was a bit of a shocker: the Green Bay Packers.

Mort's argument -- and it seems to be more speculative than a report that the Pack are actually interested -- is that Green Bay takes pride in their ability to develop QBs and would be able to have the patience to take a long-term approach with Tebow, given Aaron Rodgers' presence. Again, we can't rule anyone entirely out but this would be a bit of a surprise.

---

ESPN NFL Draft guru Mel Kiper, Jr. checked in with his thoughts on five potential destinations for Tebow, and he says that we can't rule out the Jags (see the bottom of the post for Kiper's take).

Meanwhile, Aaron Schatz of Football Outsiders isn't exactly sold on the idea of a reunion with Josh McDaniels: "I think the Tebow to Pats idea is silliness. They have 2 backup QBs, and do you really ever want to take Brady off the field to run Wildcat?"

As for the NFC East, our resident blogger covering that division, Dan Graziano, does not like any of those four teams in the Tebow sweepstakes (his thoughts are at the bottom of the post as well).

---

Just before noon EST on Monday, news of Peyton Manning's decision on his next NFL destination spread across the world like a wild stallion charging over the plains: he's heading to the Denver Broncos, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen and Adam Schefter. And with Peyton in, it appears that Tim Tebow has been put on the trading block.

The immediate reaction -- and in fact, our reasoning in posts considering Tebow's future if the Broncos signed Manning -- is that the Jacksonville Jaguars are the most logical fit: Tebow's roots in North Florida in addition to the Jags' issues both at QB and in selling tickets seem to be a perfect storm. Recently, the Jags' potential interest in acquiring Tebow has been downplayed, but now that he's actually available, thoughts on the subject could change.

There has been a flurry of other speculation since news of Tebow being on the block hit the airwaves, and one team whose name keeps coming up is the Miami Dolphins. It was, after all, against those Dolphins that Tebow's legend was amplified -- and on a day when Tebow and his national champion Florida Gators were honored by the club at halftime, no less. After missing on Manning, a trade for the No. 2 pick (and Robert Griffin III), Matt Flynn and (possibly) Alex Smith, might Tebow be the thing to turn the franchise back in the right direction this offseason? Again, can't rule it out.

The other line of thinking if Tebow is on the block is that teams who were interested in him prior to the 2010 draft may still have some thoughts on acquiring him, to use not as their starting QB but in other packages (and possibly a different position). Teams in that boat include the Buffalo Bills, New England Patriots and Philadelphia Eagles.

The Broncos have certainly considered what they'd do if they got Manning, and may have even tested the market a bit by gauging interest from other teams on Tebow in the event that they became Peyton's new home. Things could move quickly here in the next few days.

- Tim Kavanagh​

Mel Kiper, Jr.
Jacksonville has to stay on the list

"Until the Jaguars come out and say they have no interest whatsoever, there's no reason not to speculate that they wouldn't. The current personnel situation makes this an entirely unappealing place to develop a passer, but this isn't your typical passer."

Dan Graziano
No, your team should not trade for Tebow

"Remember this about Tebow: His success as a Bronco came after the team decided to completely structure its offense around him, accentuating his strengths and minimizing his weaknesses (i.e., actually throwing the ball). The Broncos had no established receivers that were gong to kick about such a decision, a veteran running back who was totally on board and a flexible, open-minded coach who was willing to consider an outside-the-box option as possibly better than the offense he preferred to run. There isn't a team in the NFC East that remotely fits that description."

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the hell is the NFL going to approve the manningham deal so we can see the details.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So what should the Niners do with all the cap room they have left?

Accelerate some of next year's big salaries like Brooks, Vernon, Rogers?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what should the Niners do with all the cap room they have left?

Accelerate some of next year's big salaries like Brooks, Vernon, Rogers?

look at adding 1-2 more wr's, maybe even bring back ginn. add depth, especially on both lines. burress would be a great fit.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I definitely want Ginn back for a 3 year deal at least. I'll be even more upset than I am already if he doesn't come back.

He wants to play more WR, so he'll have to see if he can find a team pathetic enough to use him there. I hope he doesn't find one because I love having him for special teams and special offensive packages.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my perfect scenerio for wr right now would be to bring back ginn and sign burress. then draft hemmimgway in the 4th or 5th.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't think there's any room left on the roster for a non-#1 WR like Burress. There's room for Ginn 'cause he's a specialyt player, but that's about it.

We have to remember he who shall not be named is still on the team, and he isn't the mayor of Suck Town when playing WR.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
burress shouldn't cost very much at this point in free agency

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was roto that said Burress was running like he had a piano on his back last season. That can't be good on your resume.