• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason thread, WR hunt, Cap Space now $4.768M not counting JJ and Jacobs

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Smith's cap hit for this season is $9.25M. He didn't receive a SB so the gtd is not pro-rated for cap purposes. Still waiting on the figures for Manningham and Ginn. We are pretty much done in free agency now with the draft requiring upwards of $4M.

That's fine with me. Most of the good ones are signed anyway.

...except Tyler Brayton. Someone sign that guy!

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in theory the combination of Manningham and Ginn this year is less than $5M. Well done fellas.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ginn, smith, manningham, now Johnson and we still have the rookie class to sign. Baalke and paraag must be making contract there bitch.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like all the signings this offseason and I dont feel that we overpayed on anyone

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think we are done.

We might pick up a cheaper vet RG, or a cheaper vet DT. I would still sign Manny Lawson and let him compete with Parys Haralson. I think Lawson is better than Haralson.

Isn't Aubrayo Franklin still a free agent as well?

We could bring back two of our boys. Interesting how the 2 guys we let go, have received little interest and still are free agents. :-) Maybe we can get Franklin and Lawson for 1 year vet minimum deals, that would be sweet.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We might pick up a cheaper vet RG, or a cheaper vet DT. I would still sign Manny Lawson and let him compete with Parys Haralson. I think Lawson is better than Haralson.

We could bring back two of our boys. Interesting how the 2 guys we let go, have received little interest and still are free agents. :-) Maybe we can get Franklin and Lawson for 1 year vet minimum deals, that would be sweet.

didn't lawson sign somewhere?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

should be able to extend sop and sign franklin to a 1 year deal for same cap number sop has now. franklin would be awesome on short yardage

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think it's going to be either Konz, Still, Cox, or trading down for future draft picks.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think it's going to be either Konz, Still, Cox, or trading down for future draft picks.

i'm sticking with zeitler and maybe fleener. konz will most likely be gone and i don't see us going defensive line that early.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm sticking with zeitler and maybe fleener. konz will most likely be gone and i don't see us going defensive line that early.

I don't think Fleener is going to be an option. Why would we draft a number 2 TE that early but not a Defensive lineman? Nothing against Fleener's talents, but this is a fairly deep TE class. I think that's too early for Zeitler as well. We may trade back and try to snag him, though.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Fleener is going to be an option. Why would we draft a number 2 TE that early but not a Defensive lineman? Nothing against Fleener's talents, but this is a fairly deep TE class. I think that's too early for Zeitler as well. We may trade back and try to snag him, though.

guards usually go late 1st/early 2nd. if they're sold on zeitler u take him at 30.

fleener is a known commodity and harbaugh likes using tight ends, so he would be more like insurance in case moss doens't pan out. delanie is an undersized tight end, essentially a half back. if harbaugh likes fleener, no point waiting around for a guy later on who isn't as good.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
guards usually go late 1st/early 2nd. if they're sold on zeitler u take him at 30.

fleener is a known commodity and harbaugh likes using tight ends, so he would be more like insurance in case moss doens't pan out. delanie is an undersized tight end, essentially a half back. if harbaugh likes fleener, no point waiting around for a guy later on who isn't as good.

If Gronk or Graham were available in this year's draft at 30, would you hesitate drafting them even though we have Vernon? I wouldn't. Fleener has a very high chance to be like them.

grunionca911

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Walker is also a free agent after this coming season. Not only that but can you imagine being in 32 personnel and be able to do whatever you want? you could have Walker and VD line up at WR and fleener at TE or go jumbo and run the ball, Walker and Fleener at WR and VD at TE. Just so many options.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't Konz will last until pick #30. Packers or the Ravens will probably end up with him. If Flener is available at #30, take him. Like other posters have mentioned, Walker will be a FA after this season. Fleener is tall, athletic and runs a 4.5. LB's will have a tough time covering him.

wehavevd

wehavevd
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For my money I'd take Zeitler at #30.......We need a guard who can come in and start right away.....He'll help with the interior run game with his size and girth.....That said Trent and Harbaugh will probably do something none of us suspect.Either way this is shaping up to be the best off-season in recent memory.

Last edited by a moderator:

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If Gronk or Graham were available in this year's draft at 30, would you hesitate drafting them even though we have Vernon? I wouldn't. Fleener has a very high chance to be like them.

No he doesn't. Those are two record setting TEs. You're saying Fleener has a very high chance to be a record setter and one of the best TEs ever (assuming Graham and Gronk continue at their current level).

We should raft Konz because he has a very high chance to be like Steve Hutchinson.

How about Andre Branch? We can draft him and say he has a very high chance to be like DeMarcus Ware.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No he doesn't. Those are two record setting TEs. You're saying Fleener has a very high chance to be a record setter and one of the best TEs ever (assuming Graham and Gronk continue at their current level).

We should raft Konz because he has a very high chance to be like Steve Hutchinson.

How about Andre Branch? We can draft him and say he has a very high chance to be like DeMarcus Ware.

Even with adding Moss and Manningham, I still feel like we should get the best receiving weapon available to us at #30. To me, that's probably Fleener if he's still available.

We still have 4/5ths of our offensive line from last year and we let go of the weakest link. Outside of WRs we have the rest of our offense back from last year (QBs, RBs, FB, TEs). We have our whole starting defense back from last year.

So I think we should use the 1st rounder on a receiving weapon, because I think right now that's our biggest weakness.

We'll be able to get a RG in 2nd or later rounds, plus we'll be able to go out and pick up a free agent RG as well as some are cut. We'll be ok at RG.

But Fleener is a huge upgrade over Walker. Vernon, Fleener, Moss on the field at the same time is a major matchup problem for the defense.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Manningham's $2.487 cap hit for this coming season we are at $6.143M in cap space not counting Johnson and Ginn.

Barrows released some contract details but not enough to determine his exact cap hit for the upcoming season. He said it's basically 2 years worth just under $2M with a $350k signing bonus. He has per game roster bonuses in the second year that are worth a max $2.5M. There is also unlikely obtainable incentives worth $1.5M.

If the $350K signing bonus isn't spread out and his base salaries are the same each year then a safe guess on cap hit would be $1.175M for the upcoming season.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we are not done. This offensive line has more holes than Swiss Cheese.