• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason thread, WR hunt, Cap Space now $4.768M not counting JJ and Jacobs

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why the need to bring in everybody with a cheap cap hit this year?
Unless we are going after Peyton or something.

I'd like to see them use up almost everything of that $22M or whatever is left, and maybe leave $3M for signing someone in case there's an injury or something.

That way we'll have more cap space down the road.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have nothing but cap space down the road. We have a handful of players locked up long term. Willis has a monster cap hit this season that only helps out matters going forward.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We have nothing but cap space down the road. We have a handful of players locked up long term. Willis has a monster cap hit this season that only helps out matters going forward.

Even still I'd like to see us have about $3M to $5M of cap space left by the time all the rookies are signed, and the rosters filled out.

Seems like we are on pace to be higher than that.

Unless that rule that allows you to carry the salary cap over to the next year still applies, then maybe it does not matter?

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That can't be right if ray is saying monster hit this year unless he's thinking someone elese

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cleveland trading for Houston's Tate?
4:07 PM ET
Ben Tate | Texans

The five-year, $43 million extension that the Houston Texans gave to Arian Foster earlier this month made it clear that there was little room for Ben Tate in their plans. Now we're hearing whispers that the Texans may trade Tate to the Cleveland Browns.

"May sound dumb," writes Lance Zierlein of the Houston Chronicle, "but I would deal Ben Tate if the price is right. Texans can find fits for backup in round 3 or 4 and sign a cheap veteran."

- Vince Verhei

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland trading for Houston's Tate?
4:07 PM ET
Ben Tate | Texans

The five-year, $43 million extension that the Houston Texans gave to Arian Foster earlier this month made it clear that there was little room for Ben Tate in their plans. Now we're hearing whispers that the Texans may trade Tate to the Cleveland Browns.

"May sound dumb," writes Lance Zierlein of the Houston Chronicle, "but I would deal Ben Tate if the price is right. Texans can find fits for backup in round 3 or 4 and sign a cheap veteran."

- Vince Verhei

Interesting. I thought they were a nice 1-2 punch. For what they are paying Tate right now i would want to keep him. I wouldn't take anything less than a 3rd rounder for him.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow that's awesome we clear 14mil and don't have to make a move

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So the following interior lineman are now available in FA:

Steinbach, Hutchinson, Leonard Davis, Gallery, Evan Mathis, Ben Grubbs, Jeff Faine. Did I miss anyone?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So the following interior lineman are now available in FA:

Steinbach, Hutchinson, Leonard Davis, Gallery, Evan Mathis, Ben Grubbs, Jeff Faine. Did I miss anyone?

Bobbie Williams. Chad Rinehart, Jake Scott, Jacob Bell, Ryan Diem. Several others. It depends on how far down the list you want to go.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That can't be right if ray is saying monster hit this year unless he's thinking someone elese

I don't know how reliable they are. Willis is actually scheduled to be a FA in '18, not '17.

That said, 17mil in one year sounds too much, considering the entire contract has 29mil guaranteed 15.5 of which is signing bonus.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bobbie Williams. Chad Rinehart, Jake Scott, Jacob Bell, Ryan Diem. Several others. It depends on how far down the list you want to go.

Holy smokes, so many good choices! Can we sign two guards? :-)

I wonder if they let Snyder walk also so they can factor him in for comp. picks next year? He's was a starting guard.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Niners' WR targets
10:26 AM ET
San Francisco 49ers

The San Francisco 49ers are not stopping their free agent WR shopping after adding Randy Moss earlier this week. According to Matthew Barrows of the Sacramento Bee, the Niners hosted Brandon Lloyd and Chaz Schilens on Wednesday, and have plans to host Mario Manningham and Eddie Royal (if he doesn't sign with San Diego).

San Francisco has already lost Josh Morgan to Washington, and fellow FA WR Ted Ginn is visiting with the Detroit Lions on Thursday. Royal, in particular, would be a good addition if Ginn is gone, as he has experience in the return game.

- Tim Kavanagh​

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cap space now $23.5M with Spencer getting cut. Still waiting on the Rogers deal to be broken down to update the amount with his cap hit.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cap space now $23.5M with Spencer getting cut. Still waiting on the Rogers deal to be broken down to update the amount with his cap hit.

Alex will take from that figure ~1/3 After Rogers is accounted for I would say we have ~1/2 that amount to play with - not bad

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex will take from that figure ~1/3 After Rogers is accounted for I would say we have ~1/2 that amount to play with - not bad

Draft class will chew up $4-5M.