• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason thread, WR hunt, Cap Space now $4.768M not counting JJ and Jacobs

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why would you not give a first for Wallace? Even if he is not THE best, he is a top 3 WR in the league and we ****** need WR's like BAD?

It's not like we are giving up a 1st for an iffy player. This is an insanely good receiver we are talking about here.

I'll be happy with either getting Wallace, Vjax, Colston. You take what you get, they are all great WR's. We are not going anywhere without improvement at the WR position so If I was a GM I'd be dealing out that 1st rounder and going after Wallace. None of these guys are going to be cheap and this team is thinking Super Bowl this year. Go for it. This is not a time to be conservative

Top 3 receiver in the league? So Calvin, then Fitzgerald, then Wallace?
Wallace probably doesn't even crack my top 10, I'd probably have him around 15.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 3 receiver in the league? So Calvin, then Fitzgerald, then Wallace?
Wallace probably doesn't even crack my top 10, I'd probably have him around 15.

That's insane

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's insane

Ok here's my top 15, and it's not based on stats, just on what I think of the receiver. Because a guy like Fitzgerald had a huge drop off after Warner left and now that bum Skeleton is throwing him balls. Also I like big receivers that can do it all.

1) Calvin
2) Fitzgerald
3) Andre Johnson
4) Brandon Marshall
5) Vincent Jackson
6) AJ Green
7) Julio Jones
8) Dez Bryant
9) Miles Austin
10) Victor Cruz (best slot receiver in the game last year)
11) Steve Smith
12) Roddy White
13) Greg Jennings
14) Dwayne Bowe
15) Stevie Johnson
16) Colston

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok here's my top 15, and it's not based on stats, just on what I think of the receiver. Because a guy like Fitzgerald had a huge drop off after Warner left and now that bum Skeleton is throwing him balls. Also I like big receivers that can do it all.

1) Calvin
2) Fitzgerald
3) Andre Johnson
4) Brandon Marshall
5) Vincent Jackson
6) AJ Green
7) Julio Jones
8) Dez Bryant
9) Miles Austin
11) Steve Smith
12) Roddy White
13) Greg Jennings
14) Dwayne Bowe
15) Stevie Johnson
16) Colston

You have Julio extremely high. I don't understand why Wallace isn't included in that list.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after aj green i would put guys like smith, jennings, wallace in no particular order. i think wallace is a borderline top 10

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You have Julio extremely high. I don't understand why Wallace isn't included in that list.

Julio was fighting the injury bug this year, but when he was healthy look out he was a man-beast. Reminds me of a young T.O.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julio was fighting the injury bug this year, but when he was healthy look out he was a man-beast. Reminds me of a young T.O.

Still, you have him over Wallace, Jennings, Victor Cruz, Roddy White, Dwayne Bowe, and Dez Bryant. I consider all of those guys ahead of Julio until he proves otherwise. I'm not saying he won't be a great receiver, but he hasn't proven it yet. Definitely not enough to be the 7th best WR in the NFL.

vvoland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

1) Calvin
2) Fitzgerald
3) Andre Johnson
4) Brandon Marshall
5) Vincent Jackson
6) AJ Green
7) Julio Jones
8) Dez Bryant
9) Miles Austin
11) Steve Smith
12) Roddy White
13) Greg Jennings
14) Dwayne Bowe
15) Stevie Johnson
16) Colston

i think this list is pretty good. i may disagree about julio, jennings or bryant.. in terms of ranking.. but as a top 15 list, its solid. you can make an argument that wallace belongs there instead of stevie johnson but he's not cracking the top 13 on that list. austin, cruz, smith and roddy white are all better all around receivers. i do not trade a 1st for wallace.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updating the cap space with the $2.5 for Randy. Still assuming Spencer is cut to get to that amount. Speaking of which...

Why is Spencer still on the roster? Insurance if Rogers walks? Pretty fucked up to not allow him to reach the market on day one.

Last edited by a moderator:

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colston resigns with the Saints for 5 years. Per Rotoworld.

Jay Glazer ‏ @JayGlazer

Scoopage: Take 1 name off the list of free agents set to hit the market today. Saints have just agreed to new 5 yr deal w WR Marques Colston

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad news:

@HBalzer721 Hearing one of Rams targets in free agency is 49ers CB Carlos Rogers.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad news:

@HBalzer721 Hearing one of Rams targets in free agency is 49ers CB Carlos Rogers.

Was watching NFL network and saw that they mentioned STL because Greg Williams likes him. Most think he will return here or have TEN as possibility as well.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Calvin
2) Fitzgerald
3) Andre Johnson
4) Brandon Marshall
5) Vincent Jackson
6) AJ Green
7) Julio Jones
8) Dez Bryant
9) Miles Austin
11) Steve Smith
12) Roddy White
13) Greg Jennings
14) Dwayne Bowe
15) Stevie Johnson
16) Colston

i think this list is pretty good. i may disagree about julio, jennings or bryant.. in terms of ranking.. but as a top 15 list, its solid. you can make an argument that wallace belongs there instead of stevie johnson but he's not cracking the top 13 on that list. austin, cruz, smith and roddy white are all better all around receivers. i do not trade a 1st for wallace.

I think you don't just ask where does Wallace rank today, but where does he project versus these other guys. Age and injury are catching up to the likes of Andre Johnson, Colstons, Steve Smith and possibly Jennings.

I think Wallace is definitely better overall than Colston, Stevie Johnson, and probably better, now or in the near future, than Steve Smith, Victor Cruz, Miles Austin, and Julios Jones. Dez has been inconsistent and Roddy took a step backward for a lot of last year. I'd put Wallace depending on preference around #7. For the #7 guy entering his PRIME with many years of productivity ahead, I think #30 is a fine price. Now, the actual salary might be the hang-up, especially if his price is anywhere close to a UFA like VJax.
But keep in mind, most of those other names aren't even available and likely won't be available in their PRIME but Wallace is.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, it feels like he's gone.

Well, I think the 49ers want to see how much he can get out there.
He is 31, that will go against him. There's lots of free agent cornerbacks out there as well that are on the other side of 30 and probably just as good as Rogers (Finnegan, Carr, etc.)

Depending on how much he can fetch, I'm sure the 49ers will match the deal up to a certain point. If some team like the Rams or Bucs or Jags with wads of cap room want to overpay for him, we probably cannot match it.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Carlos is going to draw interest, he was always a pretty good CB and last year he finally learned how to hang onto the ball and make INTs. I'd be upset if the 49ers lost him with so much cap space, because there would be no excuse for that since he isn't going to become one of the highest paid CBs in the NFL.

Carlos has said for months that he wants to continue being a 49er though. He likes how the defensive coaches use him, and he obviously likes winning and probably enjoyed his closest run to the Super Bowl. The 49ers want him too, and are going to pay him fairly, so i doubt he's going to run off to the lowly Rams for extra money and a whole lot of losing... at his age, without a Super Bowl, I'd be surprised if he chose maybe a few extra million over a chance for a ring.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What do you think the 49ers want to offer Carlos?
$24M over 3 years, with maybe $6M/year base and $2M/year escalators?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carlos Rogers - DB - 49ers

ESPN 101 St. Louis' Howard Balzer is "hearing" the Rams plan to target free agent CB Carlos Rogers.
Coming off a career year at age 30, Rogers is believed to be seeking a four- to five-year deal worst at least $5 million annually. Capable of playing both outside and in the slot, he'd slot nicely into a secondary the Rams desperately need to improve.
Related: Rams
Source: Howard Balzer on Twitter
Mar 13 - 1:36 PM