• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason thread, WR hunt, Cap Space now $4.768M not counting JJ and Jacobs

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, time to be FOR real.... :typing:

Their OL is weak, but with Peyton at the line, maybe(perhaps) he'll improve their protection scheme and assignments at the LOS a la the Indy days(i know Saturday played a part too).

A Manning to Fitz idea is definitely worthy to explore considering Kolb and Skelton aren't really shoe ins right now. Don't forget Peyton's quick release. If Peyton signs, Wayne "could" follow through(which he'll get a big F U from me lol). He'll have WRs getting open quick and with Howlings as a dumpoff guy, that'll be something.

All of a sudden that's a interesting offense.

If I'm an AZ fan, i would vote for it, but also need to address the OL, WHICH they can very well do so in the draft.

Pretty soon they will have cut both of their starting tackles. It takes time for an oline to gel. Are they going to acquire two good OTs? Manning can scheme all he wants but it won't slow down our front 7 going against swiss cheese. Clemons and Long are gonna have a party when they play against them twice as well.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Pretty soon they will have cut both of their starting tackles. It takes time for an oline to gel. Are they going to acquire two good OTs? Manning can scheme all he wants but it won't slow down our front 7 going against swiss cheese. Clemons and Long are gonna have a party when they play against them twice as well.

From Manning's perspective it might make some difference, though he's played behind shoddy OLs for awhile now. The Cards would be wise to tell him that they intend to use their first-round pick on Reiff, if he's still available. And to do so. Finding a serviceable RT shouldn't be too hard. Sendlein is a fairly heady guy at center so far as I know.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes Wallace so MUCH better than VJax, Colston, Moss, etc. that you have to give up a 1st rounder for him? I don't see it.
We need that 1st rounder.

The Redskins and Snyder are idiots. Either they are massively overspending in free agency (Haynesworth has to be the biggest free agent bust in history), or finally when they have their draft picks they give them all away for the next 3 years to get RGIII.

He's younger faster as good of hands as the others listed. Yea hell cost a 1st but if the first is going towards a Wr why not get the best one available?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You never know. Im not going to say I know their cap situation thus how limited they are in making moves. Maybe a vet here and there? Draft one good OT/G, sign a vet, that could improve the OL greatly in terms of their expectations maybe not overall.

Who knows.

Oh i agree our front 7 will crush him.... no body is beating our defense(yeah i'm going there fellas lol).

If you're Peyton, where would you go? the more aggressive defensive units are in the NFC west(in terms of teams being interested). Denver from the AFC west may make the most sense since they have IMO a very good young OL, capable defense and potential offensive outbursts.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Manning's perspective it might make some difference, though he's played behind shoddy OLs for awhile now. The Cards would be wise to tell him that they intend to use their first-round pick on Reiff, if he's still available. And to do so. Finding a serviceable RT shouldn't be too hard. Sendlein is a fairly heady guy at center so far as I know.

Levi Brown back at RT actually is better for him and the team.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Denver makes sense.

Funny thing, for me, the moment when it became official for Peyton to leave Indy, I didn't even think once for Denver to be a player.

After thinking it over, it's actually a good fit. Sucks for Tebow the Steeler killer but whatevz

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did not tender an offer to Swain.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He's younger faster as good of hands as the others listed. Yea hell cost a 1st but if the first is going towards a Wr why not get the best one available?

I don't think Wallace is the best receiver available.
Sure he has good hands, and he's probably the fastest.

But I don't think he's the best all around receiver available.
How about run blocking? How about red zone threat? Jump ball receiver? How about best receiver at breaking tackles?

My opinion is VJax is the best all around receiver.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VJax is but he'll probably be the highest paid too.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Wallace is the best receiver available.
Sure he has good hands, and he's probably the fastest.

But I don't think he's the best all around receiver available.
How about run blocking? How about red zone threat? Jump ball receiver? How about best receiver at breaking tackles?

My opinion is VJax is the best all around receiver.

I seriously think people believe all Wallace does is just run straight down the field. He doesn't break many tackles because people can't catch up with him. He's got some good jumping ability as well

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I seriously think people believe all Wallace does is just run straight down the field. He doesn't break many tackles because people can't catch up with him. He's got some good jumping ability as well

He's a good receiver, but I just don't want to give up our 1st to get him when there are so many other free agent receivers available, and also the draft is pretty deep in receivers as well.

When was the last time a team gave up a 1st round pick to get a receiver? I don't think it's happened, even in a trade?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He's a good receiver, but I just don't want to give up our 1st to get him when there are so many other free agent receivers available, and also the draft is pretty deep in receivers as well.

When was the last time a team gave up a 1st round pick to get a receiver? I don't think it's happened, even in a trade?

Hawks gave up a first for Deion Branch several years ago. Wasn't Peerless Price dealt for a first as well? I want to say that was Atlanta and Buffalo, but can't recall who traded him and who got him. Those are two off the top of my head.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hawks gave up a first for Deion Branch several years ago. Wasn't Peerless Price dealt for a first as well? I want to say that was Atlanta and Buffalo, but can't recall who traded him and who got him. Those are two off the top of my head.

I'm pretty sure Keyshawn went to TB for 2 firsts, and Galloway went to Dallas for 2 first round picks as well.

Outside of QB, WRs have probably be traded for first round picks more than any other position.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

You've got a good memory. I remember those now.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You've got a good memory. I remember those now.

I must admit, I'm pretty surprised I not only came up with Price, but the two teams involved. Why isn't I can't seem to recall the important stuff?

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you not give a first for Wallace? Even if he is not THE best, he is a top 3 WR in the league and we ****** need WR's like BAD?

It's not like we are giving up a 1st for an iffy player. This is an insanely good receiver we are talking about here.

I'll be happy with either getting Wallace, Vjax, Colston. You take what you get, they are all great WR's. We are not going anywhere without improvement at the WR position so If I was a GM I'd be dealing out that 1st rounder and going after Wallace. None of these guys are going to be cheap and this team is thinking Super Bowl this year. Go for it. This is not a time to be conservative

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw Ryan Clark on NFL Network and he thinks the Steelers won't be able to keep Wallace.