• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason thread, WR hunt, Cap Space now $4.768M not counting JJ and Jacobs

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldon Smith - LB - 49ers 49ers GM Trent Baalke confirmed that OLB Aldon Smith is headed for a full-time role in 2012.
"Yeah, I think that's safe to say, yes," said Baalke, nearly laughing. Smith racked up 14 regular-season sacks as a rookie despite playing exclusively on nickel downs, mostly at defensive end. The Niners are expected to move on from free agent Ahmad Brooks.

Vernon Davis - TE - 49ers Vernon Davis conceded that he was initially overwhelmed by Jim Harbaugh's offense early last season.
He had it down by the end of the season, and Harbaugh suggested that Davis' furious finish could be a sign of things to come in 2012. Davis' last five games, including the playoffs, project to 90 catches, 1,715 yards, 16 TDs over a full 16-game schedule

Say goodbye to brooks for sure

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good signing. Always nice to keep our special teams depth! Maybe he can get better at the safety position as well.

Definitely a keeper in my books. I remember his saving tackle/hit on Rice near the goaline to perserve the no rush TD streak.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering if Spillman possibly replaces Goldson.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally some good news but I doubt we even make a run at him.

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
Chargers are unlikely to use their franchise tag on wide receiver Vincent Jackson.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schef also just said that Garcon recently rejected a 5 year offer from the Colts.

Interesting.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter

Eagles are open to listening to trade offers for free agent wide receiver DeSean Jackson, who is expected to be franchised.
17m Adam Schefter Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter

Colts free-agent wide receiver Pierre Garcon recently rejected a five-year contract offer from Indianapolis.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn if Goldson bolts(Reggie i believe did/will) we're back to square 1 in the S department....

How's Eric Berry holding up in KC? I'll trade a few for him.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Damn if Goldson bolts(Reggie i believe did/will) we're back to square 1 in the S department....

How's Eric Berry holding up in KC? I'll trade a few for him.

I just don't see how we do NOT use the franchise tag on Goldson.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After meeting with Bills brass Friday, the player rep for free agent Stevie Johnson said he emerged "very optimistic" about Johnson signing a long-term deal to stay in Buffalo.
By most accounts, Johnson's contract demands are within reason and under $9 million annually. "We had a very productive meeting," said Johnson's agent, C.J. LaBoy. "I'm very optimistic. I'm looking forward to continue talking."
Source: Buffalo News Feb 24 - 5:02 PM

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not convinced that we tag Goldson and pay him 6.2. He turned down 5 for 25 before re-signing for 2 mill last year. The guy's contract with Rosenhaus expired and nobody knows who is agent is if he even has one.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not convinced that we tag Goldson and pay him 6.2. He turned down 5 for 25 before re-signing for 2 mill last year. The guy's contract with Rosenhaus expired and nobody knows who is agent is if he even has one.

I don't think I want Goldson to hit free agency.

I think he will have lots of suitors this time around. Some may be willing to even give him more than 5 years $25M. Some team might give him Weddle money.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bart Hubbuch:

Reese doesn't deny that talks with Mario Manningham went poorly and the WR will hit free agency.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bart Hubbuch:

Reese doesn't deny that talks with Mario Manningham went poorly and the WR will hit free agency.

I really don't want Manningham. I think Eli made Manningham better, and Manningham will just be average in another offense. Look at Steve Smith last year he was a good WR on the Giants and he got injured and left to Philly, and then he disappeared.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After speaking to the Falcons, the player rep for free agent DE John Abraham believes his client is headed for the open market.

The Falcons are severing ties as Abraham goes on age 34. With no realistic in-house replacement, Atlanta will look to the draft and free agency for a new right defensive end. Pass rush was a problem for the Falcons in 2011, even with Abraham on the roster and Ray Edwards signed to play left defensive end. Mike Smith's defense tied for 22nd in
sacks and ranked 20th against the pass.

per Roto.

I've always been a pretty big fan of Abraham's.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't want Manningham. I think Eli made Manningham better, and Manningham will just be average in another offense. Look at Steve Smith last year he was a good WR on the Giants and he got injured and left to Philly, and then he disappeared.

not to mention manningham benefits from all the attention going towards the other 2. manningham should be a solid #2 but i think someone will overpay.