• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason thread, WR hunt, Cap Space now $4.768M not counting JJ and Jacobs

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Baalke: We put a little bit of stock into it. We’re not going to say we don’t. But we’re not going to over-evaluate the 40 time. There are going to be those guys who come here and run in the upper 4.3s and lower 4.4s and you’re going to turn on the film and you don’t see it. They’re going to be 4.6 guys all day long in pads. Once again, there’s the mentality of do you buy into the watch or do you buy into the film? I hope that we continue to buy into the film. The eye-in-the-sky mentality. So we do look at it, but what we try to do is ask if what they run here is what they play to. Because it works the other way, too. There are guys who run 4.6 or higher here, but you turn on the film and you swear they’re mid-4.4 guys. It works both ways.

Good news for my boy Juron Criner!

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cecil Lammey:

#49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh says (RB Kendall Hunter) 'just works so darn hard at it. he's willing to spend extra time. he's got passion'

I asked Jim Harbaugh if we'd see more from RB Kendall Hunter in 2012 'all indicators would be yes to that question.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers are restructuring like mad men and have already shaved the 11 mill they were over the cap. Looks like they'll have the room soon to keep Wallace. Word out of SD is now the Chargers are considering the franchise tag on Jackson. They realize an old Gates and nobody at WR would be a problem. The Chiefs have the tag left for Bowe. Philly is ready to tag DeSean. I'm pretty sure the Saints will get Brees signed without having to tag him leaving them the option of tagging Nicks or Colston. So maybe Colston makes it to the open market. So that leaves Stevie J and the players below him like Garcon and Meachem. Looks like we will have more competition on those guys now. :(

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eagles are signing Trent Edwards to a one-year deal.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers are restructuring like mad men and have already shaved the 11 mill they were over the cap. Looks like they'll have the room soon to keep Wallace. Word out of SD is now the Chargers are considering the franchise tag on Jackson. They realize an old Gates and nobody at WR would be a problem. The Chiefs have the tag left for Bowe. Philly is ready to tag DeSean. I'm pretty sure the Saints will get Brees signed without having to tag him leaving them the option of tagging Nicks or Colston. So maybe Colston makes it to the open market. So that leaves Stevie J and the players below him like Garcon and Meachem. Looks like we will have more competition on those guys now. :(

damn, so colston and stevie will get big contracts on the open market. we might have to set our sights on lloyd and then look into john carlson and go with more 2 TE sets next year.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep forgetting about Lloyd. He would be sweet.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin Jones - DB - 49ers The 49ers have talked about moving S Colin Jones to wide receiver.
Jones was drafted in the sixth round last year to be a special teams ace. The Niners have a need for depth at receiver, but Jones isn't going to be the answer.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin Jones - DB - 49ers The 49ers have talked about moving S Colin Jones to wide receiver.
Jones was drafted in the sixth round last year to be a special teams ace. The Niners have a need for depth at receiver, but Jones isn't going to be the answer.

are u fucking kidding me? we might as well go with 3 TE sets if we're not gonna get some actual talent at wr.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are u fucking kidding me? we might as well go with 3 TE sets if we're not gonna get some actual talent at wr.

That blurb is just roto needing something to talk about. Baalke clearly pointed out today that Jones is a ST player.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Shawn Zobel:

Word on the street is that the #Packers are considering Brady Quinn as a replacement for Matt Flynn as Aaron Rodgers backup in Green Bay

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was high on quinn coming out of notre dame, but he's a bit of a statue in the pocket.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Steelers are restructuring like mad men and have already shaved the 11 mill they were over the cap. Looks like they'll have the room soon to keep Wallace. (

They must be realizing that they have pretty much one more shot at the Superbowl because they have got to be fucking themselves pretty bad for the future.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the WR pool could be drying up even more.
Stevie Johnson - WR - Bills

Bills GM Buddy Nix shot down speculation that the franchise tag is not an option for free agent WR Stevie Johnson.
"I read in the paper or somebody sent it to me the other day that we definitely were not going to tag him," Nix said. "I don't know who they talked to, I'd like to talk to them maybe see what we're gonna do with some of those other guys. ... Again, (the franchise tag) is an option. We've got until March 5 to decide." Nix confirmed that the Bills have rolled over salary cap dollars from last year, though he's reluctant to say how much.
Source: WGR 550 Buffalo
Feb 24 - 10:30 AM

Coach Jeff Fisher confirmed that the Rams will make an effort to re-sign free agent Brandon Lloyd.
The Rams have a number of free agents they want to keep, and "he would be one of them," said Fisher. If the Rams end up losing Lloyd on the open market, they figure to add at least one receiver in both free agency and the draft.
Source: Grant Paulsen on Twitter
Feb 24 - 11:16 AM

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spillman re-signed for 3 years 6 million.