• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Prospect Of The Day

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not good against the run.
I am against any edge that cannot stop the run. We have psss rushers and have a moderate need for a run defender.

• He’s often slow to react and locate the ball against the run.
Agree

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a lot of "Experts" claiming we need another edge rusher not sure I agree. I like his size and versatility, what I read was that because of his size and ability he can pretty much line up anywhere. This is something I think BB would covet. And again playing in the SEC I feel gives an automatic edge.
Not sure he can play anywhere if he struggles against the run.

I see him as a 3rd down player and maybe KO team?

Wouldn't risk more than a 5th on him, especially since it's not a position of need regardless what some talking heads may be saying?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today is my day, ya?

Last week I went with a kicker. This week I'm taking a punter with the 184th pick. Bryce Baringer.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today is my day, ya?

Last week I went with a kicker. This week I'm taking a punter with the 184th pick. Bryce Baringer.

My only complaint here would be availabliity. Will he be available at that pick?
We also have 187. No different?

Bryce might be the very rare punter that goes in the 5th?

Note: Everybody picking before us in late rounds knows we need a punter!

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only complaint here would be availabliity. Will he be available at that pick?
We also have 187. No different?

Bryce might be the very rare punter that goes in the 5th?

Note: Everybody picking before us in late rounds knows we need a punter!

We don't have any 5th round picks? Maybe BB trades one of the higher picks for a few in the 4th or 5th? I don't know.

But we desperately need a punter and we also should try and get a kicker out of this draft. Not sure how much longer Folk will last.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Punter really a position of need?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When balanced with options I's agree it's not really a position we need to prioritize, but I also would be opposed to selecting one late if the right candidate were there.
Uhm...yes.
See prior comments...
After watching that buffoon punt for us this year… yes. I’d take a punter with one of our 4 6th founders.
I'd agree be okay with this but we can probably get a good candidate with UDFA too.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Jake Bailey is done? Gone? No longer on the roster?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Jake Bailey is done? Gone? No longer on the roster?

He was terrible before he got hurt. I believe the worst in the league? Then he got suspended by the team. I'm guessing he's a goner.

I'd like to see the Pats get a punter in the draft for the long term. A sort of "set it and forget it" situation.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was terrible before he got hurt. I believe the worst in the league? Then he got suspended by the team. I'm guessing he's a goner.

I'd like to see the Pats get a punter in the draft for the long term. A sort of "set it and forget it" situation.
Okay mayve I am misreading the Bailey thing.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay mayve I am misreading the Bailey thing.

It's possible that he was dealing with an injury and that's why he went from being a top punter to one of the worst?

Bailey was placed on injured reserve on Nov. 19 with a back injury. He has been one of the best punters in the league -- including a 2020 first team All-Pro selection -- since being drafted in 2019, but he struggled mightily this season before going on IR.

And then:

According to a report by ESPN's Mike Reiss, the suspension is in part due to “differing viewpoints on if Bailey was ready to return to game action.” Bailey was placed on injured reserve on Nov. 19 because of a back issue, but recently returned to practice to open his 21-day return window.

Maybe he comes back this season in top form and all is well but I'm certainly not getting that vibe.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sailey and Jack Jones were suspended and Bill used the two spots.

The week after the season ended, he met with both and reinstated both.

Cutting Bailey would cost because he's got some guaranteed money.

He sucked because he had an injured hip and leg. He wanted to play in the last game and must have pissed off BB because he was suspended.

Both are on the official roster.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible that he was dealing with an injury and that's why he went from being a top punter to one of the worst?

Bailey was placed on injured reserve on Nov. 19 with a back injury. He has been one of the best punters in the league -- including a 2020 first team All-Pro selection -- since being drafted in 2019, but he struggled mightily this season before going on IR.

And then:

According to a report by ESPN's Mike Reiss, the suspension is in part due to “differing viewpoints on if Bailey was ready to return to game action.” Bailey was placed on injured reserve on Nov. 19 because of a back issue, but recently returned to practice to open his 21-day return window.

Maybe he comes back this season in top form and all is well but I'm certainly not getting that vibe.
Yeah and I was getting the vibe he would, He just signed a pretty nice contract. And should have had plenty of time to heal and rehab

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may have been an official "back injury". I saw tapes of him trying to walk and he had a severe limp. I'm no expert, but I heard that it was a leg/hip and the way he was walking looked like that to me. Then again, the back can screw up one's ability to walk too. I ain't an MD. I've had a an injured back and I have arthritis in both hips. The back was worse and walking wasn't easy.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Baily couldn't kick it onto a football field last year? Even if he was standing on that same football field and just dropped the ball??

And the only thing his replacement had going for him is he was healthy?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Baily couldn't kick it onto a football field last year? Even if he was standing on that same football field and just dropped the ball??

And the only thing his replacement had going for him is he was healthy?
Correct due to injury, which is supposedly healed