• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Prospect Of The Day

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here we go fellas.

1, One prospect posted per day that prospect is to be discussed until the next prospect is posted. Comments can continue and be on going for any posted prospect.

2. FA Prospect postings will also be allowed.

3. Lets at least attempt to be civil. There is no wrong selection it's opinion based.

4. Lets have fun.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quentin Johnston, WR, TCU (6-4, 215 pounds)…

Round 1

This pick assumes that the O Line is addressed to a degree through the free agent market and that Paris Johnosn and Peter Skoronski are gone. There are five other tackles that I feel are solid round 2 through 4 picks. We all know the thought of BB picking a WR scares the hell out us but WR corps in NE is Sub Par. At 30 as much as I like Parker I do not see him as a #1 and we need a number #1. My hope are we let Agholor walk, retain Jakobi and add Johnston. We have a solid run game that is more than capable of setting up the passing game and IMO Johnston may be the spark the WR Corps needs.

Quentin Johnston: With 4.4 speed he is fast enough to get down field and be a legit downfield threat. He is a precise route runner with good start stop ability. He has great body control which allows him to make more difficulty catches. A real athlete 42” Vertical, 11’ Broad jump runs a 4.40 and squats 575 pounds. Strength, speed, agility and athleticism @ 6’4” 215 lbs make it hard to pass on him. Add to this long arms a impressive catch radius and great leaping ability he seems to be the #1 we need.

Like any NFL prospect Quentin has weaknesses to his game most of which are coachable. For his size he is not a great downfield blocker this is a technique issue that should be fixable at the next level. He will also have to work on reading zone coverages and knowing where to sit in the zone again this can be worked on at this level.

At #14 it may be a bit early but he is round one talent that will not be there much after 14.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Round 1

This pick assumes that the O Line is addressed to a degree through the free agent market and that Paris Johnosn and Peter Skoronski are gone. There are five other tackles that I feel are solid round 2 through 4 picks. We all know the thought of BB picking a WR scares the hell out us but WR corps in NE is Sub Par. At 30 as much as I like Parker I do not see him as a #1 and we need a number #1. My hope are we let Agholor walk, retain Jakobi and add Johnston. We have a solid run game that is more than capable of setting up the passing game and IMO Johnston may be the spark the WR Corps needs.

Quentin Johnston: With 4.4 speed he is fast enough to get down field and be a legit downfield threat. He is a precise route runner with good start stop ability. He has great body control which allows him to make more difficulty catches. A real athlete 42” Vertical, 11’ Broad jump runs a 4.40 and squats 575 pounds. Strength, speed, agility and athleticism @ 6’4” 215 lbs make it hard to pass on him. Add to this long arms a impressive catch radius and great leaping ability he seems to be the #1 we need.

Like any NFL prospect Quentin has weaknesses to his game most of which are coachable. For his size he is not a great downfield blocker this is a technique issue that should be fixable at the next level. He will also have to work on reading zone coverages and knowing where to sit in the zone again this can be worked on at this level.

At #14 it may be a bit early but he is round one talent that will not be there much after 14.
In your scenario I think I am taking the #1 CB either Witherspoon or Gonzales.

I think that is a bigger need and shut down corners don't grow on trees.

Minus Moss NE hasn't had a true #1. They've developed a bunch of very good WRs. Plus this draft is deep at WR.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In your scenario I think I am taking the #1 CB either Witherspoon or Gonzales.

I think that is a bigger need and shut down corners don't grow on trees.

Minus Moss NE hasn't had a true #1. They've developed a bunch of very good WRs. Plus this draft is deep at WR.
I feel if BOB has any real input he is going to want a true #1. I won't disagree a CB is a high priority. and considered this but I feel a guy like Ringo may be there in round 2. And defense was not the issue last year lack of scoring was.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel if BOB has any real input he is going to want a true #1. I won't disagree a CB is a high priority. and considered this but I feel a guy like Ringo may be there in round 2. And defense was not the issue last year lack of scoring was.
Agree but you mentioned if we sure up the Oline in FA, the addition of BOB and probably some assistants the O should progress.

We don't know what's going to happen with the law firm of Jones and Jones or if DMac will be around to play centerfield.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree but you mentioned if we sure up the Oline in FA, the addition of BOB and probably some assistants the O should progress.

We don't know what's going to happen with the law firm of Jones and Jones or if DMac will be around to play centerfield.
You are correct we do not know, if we lose both that may change my mind but for now I assume one if not both will be reattained. BB and Mayo seem confident with the defense and I feel confident that will still be true. What we know is we have no real #1, we sucked ass in the Red Zone, Parker is not a true 1 and Jokobi is a FA.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For his size he is not a great downfield blocker this is a technique issue that should be fixable at the next level.

Well...we've already seen the "Best Blocking WR in the game" experiment, so that statement does not bother me.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The D has been able to do a great job eliminating other teams down field weapons. Jack and Marcus with a full season of experience.
If BB retains Jon Jones, the secondary will be fine.
A true downfield weapon for Jones/Zappe will open up the underneath for Bourne and Meyers.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D has been able to do a great job eliminating other teams down field weapons. Jack and Marcus with a full season of experience.
If BB retains Jon Jones, the secondary will be fine.
A true downfield weapon for Jones/Zappe will open up the underneath for Bourne and Meyers.
Although as I eluded to drafting a WR is a freighting thought. But the bad luck has to end sooner or later right? Maybe? We Hope!!!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson would be a great addition but there are greater needs. If all of the top three OL are gone, then I would guess that Michael Mayer TE Notre Dame will be waiting for his name to be called. That's a TE who can catch and separate. Most important, he's a sixth o-lineman.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson would be a great addition but there are greater needs. If all of the top three OL are gone, then I would guess that Michael Mayer TE Notre Dame will be waiting for his name to be called. That's a TE who can catch and separate. Most important, he's a sixth o-lineman.
But we still have Smithe and Henry. We can get a guy like Musgrave later. Mayer is a great option but we have got to stretch the field. Maybe Thornton can do that but he wasn't widely used this year which may not be his fault

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we still have Smithe and Henry. We can get a guy like Musgrave later. Mayer is a great option but we have got to stretch the field. Maybe Thornton can do that but he wasn't widely used this year which may not be his fault
Pinpoint on Thorton. Quite possibly that MP had zero ideas on how to utilize a 6'4" speedster who can jump 38". A subject that has been beaten to death and hopefully BOB can remedy quickly.

One has to wonder if BB & BOB can snag a top WR through a trade. Then there's the one little ifsy, couldbe, maybe sitting out there as a free agent that no one seems to want. Odell Beckham JR. I think it would be worth $7M and incentives to give him a chance. Again, just my opinion, but he'd be a cheap #1 who just might light a fire under the passing game.

Thorton Meyers LT LG C RG RT Henry Bourne Beckham.

That would be a nightmare for a zone or Man To Man.

Thoughts??

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ok without a true #1 like I said. Sure up the Oline and you create all new kinds of possibilities. A new OC calling plays and knows how to use TEs is a huge difference. Both TEs have been productive WRs in other organizations. They should be decent here as well. If we still have Meyers and Bourne, along with Parker I'm ok with that if we use the TEs.

That's why I was so pro Mayer. For some reason I thought Johnnu only signed a two year deal. So I'm afraid I can't take Mayer if he is there unless we can trade Smith or Henry.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I was so pro Mayer. For some reason I thought Johnnu only signed a two year deal. So I'm afraid I can't take Mayer if he is there unless we can trade Smith or Henry.
Or trade the pick to someone who's drooling over him? Pick up a mid twenties first round and a third round??

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pinpoint on Thorton. Quite possibly that MP had zero ideas on how to utilize a 6'4" speedster who can jump 38". A subject that has been beaten to death and hopefully BOB can remedy quickly.

One has to wonder if BB & BOB can snag a top WR through a trade. Then there's the one little ifsy, couldbe, maybe sitting out there as a free agent that no one seems to want. Odell Beckham JR. I think it would be worth $7M and incentives to give him a chance. Again, just my opinion, but he'd be a cheap #1 who just might light a fire under the passing game.

Thoughts??
Damn I forgot about Thorton. I hope BOB utilizes him more? No to OBJ just no. No more Divas.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or trade the pick to someone who's drooling over him? Pick up a mid twenties first round and a third round??
Yep, really depends on how the draft board is going?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All #1's are Divas. It's a curse of the position.
Strengthens my argument for not needing a true #1. Sure a true #1 would be nice but at what cost? OBJ could see if BB would loan him the VIII Rings for a little pre playoff party.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although as I eluded to drafting a WR is a freighting thought. But the bad luck has to end sooner or later right? Maybe? We Hope!!!
Were you ever rejected by girls in junior high or high school?

Did you give up?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts??
In all honesty I have never been over impressed with OBJ. He made one or two cool looking catches but other than that he may be above average by today's standards. And isn't often hurt? Plus I really want to see youth and speed .