• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Prospect Of The Day

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
163 pounds is light!
He pumped up before the last game at the Shriners Bowl. - he was 155!
Yes it is, not sure it makes a huge difference. The man played HS Ball, College Football, and the NFL does not shy away from prototypical builds the way the use to.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A very provocative pick - certainly worth considering.
Count me in as someone very nervous about a 5'8" WR in today's NFL.
The DB's however, are getting bigger and bigger - not slower but certainly not quick!
Psst...Marcus Jones would like a word with you...

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
163 pounds is light!
He pumped up before the last game at the Shriners Bowl. - he was 155!

I just googled Dion Lewis for shits and giggles to compare weight since they're both 5'8" and Dion, who is very small by NFL standards, is 195lbs.

No doubt this dude could bulk up a bit but that might slow him down? Still, he seems lightning fast so if he's not injury prone I'd give him a shot in the slot.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just googled Dion Lewis for shits and giggles to compare weight since they're both 5'8" and Dion, who is very small by NFL standards, is 195lbs.

No doubt this dude could bulk up a bit but that might slow him down? Still, he seems lightning fast so if he's not injury prone I'd give him a shot in the slot.
Let’s hope Trent doesn’t step on him in practice and squash him like a bug!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I'm going small slot receiver in this draft, I'm taking:
North Carolina image
Josh Downs*, WR, North Carolina
Height: 5-10. Weight: 180.
Projected 40 Time: 4.45.
Projected Round (2023): 2-4.

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm going small slot receiver in this draft, I'm taking:
North Carolina image
Josh Downs*, WR, North Carolina
Height: 5-10. Weight: 180.
Projected 40 Time: 4.45.
Projected Round (2023): 2-4.

Well, yeah. Downs is 1st-2nd round. Dell is 3rd-4th. You gonna take downs over an OT??? Not me.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Tippman

6’6” 317 lbs

Center

Wisconsin Badgers

Round Projection 3

As a Freshman he played in one game for 11 snaps, as a sophomore 2021 he played in 12 games 687 snaps he gave up 2QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and zero sacks. His junior year 12 games 758 snaps 2 QB hurries, 2 QB hits and one sack.

Strengths: Huge man and an absolute mauler, constantly finish blocks, reacts well to twists and stunts, posses the strength to combat bigger defensemen. 635 squat and a 455 pound bench again a very powerful man also athletic for his size he clocked a 4.31 pro agilty time, 1.65 yard split faster than any O linemen at the combine this year. Decent feet great hand strength a high motor effort guy. Plays really well in space and an outstanding pull blocker, Moved fluidly in pass protection wide bas great core strength.

Weaknesses: At 6”6” may be to tall for the position shorter defenders can get under his hands and win the leverage battle. Does not play with ideal balance, needs to watch his discipline had 6 penalties in 2022 (Coachable?), plays high footwork is currently average but coachable. At 317 he is lean could add more mass.

Because of his great athleticism and strength his is an excellent pro prospect , high football IQ, may be converted to G or OT which would only make him more versatile a player, something BB covets.

Joe Tippmann Center Wisconsin | NFL Draft Profile & Scouting Report (nfldraftbuzz.com)

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Tippman

6’6” 317 lbs

Center

Wisconsin Badgers

Round Projection 3

As a Freshman he played in one game for 11 snaps, as a sophomore 2021 he played in 12 games 687 snaps he gave up 2QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and zero sacks. His junior year 12 games 758 snaps 2 QB hurries, 2 QB hits and one sack.

Strengths: Huge man and an absolute mauler, constantly finish blocks, reacts well to twists and stunts, posses the strength to combat bigger defensemen. 635 squat and a 455 pound bench again a very powerful man also athletic for his size he clocked a 4.31 pro agilty time, 1.65 yard split faster than any O linemen at the combine this year. Decent feet great hand strength a high motor effort guy. Plays really well in space and an outstanding pull blocker, Moved fluidly in pass protection wide bas great core strength.

Weaknesses: At 6”6” may be to tall for the position shorter defenders can get under his hands and win the leverage battle. Does not play with ideal balance, needs to watch his discipline had 6 penalties in 2022 (Coachable?), plays high footwork is currently average but coachable. At 317 he is lean could add more mass.

Because of his great athleticism and strength his is an excellent pro prospect , high football IQ, may be converted to G or OT which would only make him more versatile a player, something BB covets.

Joe Tippmann Center Wisconsin | NFL Draft Profile & Scouting Report (nfldraftbuzz.com)
I'm a fan of the maulers. If he's as good as advertised I'd use a 3rd on him.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a fan of the maulers. If he's as good as advertised I'd use a 3rd on him.
The write up I read indicated he is just that, for some reason I get a Login Mankins from him. At 6'6" I can't see him as a Center in the NFL

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The write up I read indicated he is just that, for some reason I get a Login Mankins from him. At 6'6" I can't see him as a Center in the NFL
But I like the versatility. ALWAYS good to have a backup plan....and a plan c...sometimes the shit (injuries) hits the fan repeatedly.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Tippman

6’6” 317 lbs

Center

Wisconsin Badgers

Round Projection 3

Tippman is a solid pick at center!

Aside from rookie traits that can be coached, the biggest complaint the "experts" have against him is that he is "too tall"
Too tall? Many of the best centers are guys that can't make it a OT.
I'd say any team that needs a center NOW, should take this guy in the 2nd.....

Looks like we'll have 20 3rd round draft picks!

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too love the term “mauler” for any O-line position. 6’6” is awfully tall for a center. But if he excelled in college at that position I’m sure he could do the same in the Pros. Him and Strange would be a very athletic duo.