• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Prospect Of The Day

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharkey is correct. He is tomorrow. @nefansince75 was today and has been very busy.
I suggest we skip nefan and accept Sharkey's pick for today.
That would set up @NWPATSFAN 's bad pick for tomorrow!

YankeeRebel
BigKen
YankeeTraveler
Southieinnc (aka King Southie)
nefansince75
sharkymcwrath
NWPATSFAN
cheerupcharlie
Yep that is how we are rolling

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@YankeeRebel letus know about my post. I don't want to muck things up!
@YankeeRebel letus know about my post. I don't want to muck things up!
So you did not post? This thread got a lot of unsuspecting chatter have not been keeping up. If it's your turn and you want to post today or tomorrow is fine. I was trying to do one a day so we could chat about the selection. Its the offseason and I have a few ideas to entertain us during the offseason if things get super slow

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we could get this guy at round 7 or even UDFA?

I think we could have fun with fake field goals with this guy at 260 pounds!

The reason I said round 6 is because it would be so Belichick.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m fine getting a kicker (Moody from Michigan is my preference. Love the P#rn mustache) and a punter with our 6th round picks.

With this weeks pick I was targeting a punter and/or a kicker because I believe BB will make attempt to fill those roles long term in this draft. Moody seems to be the more logical pick but it's possible he gets taken sooner and also Bill never seems to go with what's logical.

I'm going with the Burger King! His stats are good, consistently improves, and BB will knock off those extra pounds.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a day early. At least one of us is paying attention. BB takes a kicker in round 6.

HARRISON MEVIS​

Sharkey is correct. He is tomorrow. @nefansince75 was today and has been very busy.
I suggest we skip nefan and accept Sharkey's pick for today.
That would set up @NWPATSFAN 's bad pick for tomorrow!

YankeeRebel
BigKen
YankeeTraveler
nefansince75
sharkymcwrath
NWPATSFAN
cheerupcharlie
I appreciate everyone's patience Thank you Southie for having my back (twice) and Sharky for accommodating by posting a day early.

Here's for tomorrow:

Steve Avila, C, TCU

I'd prefer waiting for the fourth, but it'll probably take the 3rd to get him and there's not enough value to use a better pick. He played a lot of competitive games and has the versatility the Pat's always love. Andrew has missed time the last few years and maybe he has a few more in him, but if he doesn't we'd have his replacement. Until them he still can be useful.

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate everyone's patience Thank you Southie for having my back (twice) and Sharky for accommodating by posting a day early.

Here's for tomorrow:

Steve Avila, C, TCU

I'd prefer waiting for the fourth, but it'll probably take the 3rd to get him and there's not enough value to use a better pick. He played a lot of competitive games and has the versatility the Pat's always love. Andrew has missed time the last few years and maybe he has a few more in him, but if he doesn't we'd have his replacement. Until them he still can be useful.
I agree he will probably be gone in the 3rd round. Big man. Has played all 3 O-Line positions. No sacks allowed this year. I’d take him.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you too can be wrong you seem to have forgotten they has the best QB in the history of the game at the helm, Mac and Zappe are not remotely close to that. Brady made WRs better they did not make him better that is what a true #1 can do.
That's what a true #1 QB can do for an average WR. A #1 WR doesn't make an average QB a #1. You can find great WRs late whether it's a QB making them great, the system or he just improves through hard work, chemistry and coaching. No need to draft a WR #14. Proven time and time again.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No u r confusing whats being talked about

1st wr drafted and #1 wr are not the same thing
i think they need to draft OT 1st its the biggest weakness
oh and btw every player drafted is a crapshoot until proven other wise:suds:
last 8 years WR drafted 1st
drake london-decent but needs qb
chase-true#1
riggs-out of nfl
m brown-decent
dj moore-decent
corey davis-bust
corey coleman-out
kevin white-bust

so yes i agree dont draft a wr
I don't think I was confused.

The discussion was a teams' #1 verse a true NFL game changing #1.

Otherwise we agree.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YankeeRebel
BigKen
YankeeTraveler
nefansince75
sharkymcwrath
NWPATSFAN
cheerupcharlie
OK just let me know when I'm up. I live in Thailand so that little thing called the IDL comes into play. I was fine until this week.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's for tomorrow:

Steve Avila, C, TCU

I like NE finding a C in this draft. Avila was a team CPT. Love that. He's a road grader. Love that. Put him next to strange and bring in a FB and NE could punish some teams on the ground.

Read he struggles moving laterally. That's only a small concern if you keep him at center. The further he moves off the ball the more concern. See him as a C/G not a T at the next level.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's for tomorrow:

Steve Avila, C, TCU

Solid choice I feel our biggest need is RT and IOL and Center is a great choice, Andrews whom I think we all love is injury prone of late, not to say that will continue but if either of these guys can also play G on the right side of the line that helps fill a big need

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I am unsure who is next I think NWPATSFAN, this thing got all out of hand.
OK just let me know when I'm up. I live in Thailand so that little thing called the IDL comes into play. I was fine until this week.
YankeeRebel
BigKen
YankeeTraveler
nefansince75
sharkymcwrath
NWPATSFAN
cheerupcharlie

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's for tomorrow:

Steve Avila, C, TCU

For some reason I was thinking Strange was C...had to google it before responding.

If Avila has played all three OL positions, which one is he best at?

I like the pick...

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason I was thinking Strange was C...had to google it before responding.

If Avila has played all three OL positions, which one is he best at?

I like the pick...
Size often plays into whether a player will play OT or IOL in the NFL

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Size often plays into whether a player will play OT or IOL in the NFL
Agree. Seems the OTs have to be 6"5" or taller and at least 320#. Guards 6'2" or taller and and around the same weight as the OT. Andrews is not a typical C at 6'2" 265#. My guess is that position needs a guy 6'2" or taller and as close to 300# as possible.

Trying to remember the team that the networks made such a fuss about a few years ago because the OL weighed in at 1735 lbs. Steelers?? Raiders??

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you did not post? This thread got a lot of unsuspecting chatter have not been keeping up. If it's your turn and you want to post today or tomorrow is fine. I was trying to do one a day so we could chat about the selection. Its the offseason and I have a few ideas to entertain us during the offseason if things get super slow
NW's turn today. Sharky yesterday

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Avila at center but my pick (in wrong thread) was Ricky Stromberg .

YankeeReb put the kabash on that by putting him in his mock at 7th round! LOL
I like him better than that. and Avila.....