• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Prospect Of The Day

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
disagree dont have to have a#1 but it helps

last few SBs

KC-KELCE
LAR-KUPP
TB-EVANS/GODWIN
KC-KELCE
NE-EDELMAN
PHI-NO #1
NE-EDELMAN
DEN-NO #1
NE-EDELMAN

And yes kelce isnt a WR but hes their #1 reciever:suds:
I gotta say...my favorite Patriot of all time...not a #1 receiver.

Just the scrappiest, most determined, too stubborn to quit player to play the position.

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's my day. I had a safety planned but since @BigKen posted every fucking safety in the draft, I'll go another direction.
The safety was: Sydney Brown S Illinois

.......careful to not compare prospects to an all-time great, such as Troy Polamalu. However, putting all hair aside, I do see some similarities in play style. I am in no way predicting Brown to have the career Troy had, but he is insanely athletic, and that athleticism was on display this week. Nobody was flying around the field more and making more plays in Mobile than Sydney Brown. If he can clean up the occasional missed tackles, he has a chance to be great. I have a second-round grade on him currently.

Instead my pick is:

Darnell Wright NFL draft profile​

Ever since he put on a helmet, Wright has been on a collision course with the NFL draft. He was a five-star prospect and a top-five overall recruit coming out of high school in 2019. He had scholarship offers from all of the blue bloods — Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Clemson — but instead chose to play for the University of Tennessee.

Since arriving at Tennessee, Wright has only kept climbing. He started seven games and played in 11 as a true freshman, earning Freshman All-SEC honors. He then became a full-time starter at right tackle in 2020. And in 2021, he moved to the blind side, starting all 13 games at the left tackle spot.

Wright has shown a lot in his time at Tennessee. He’s displayed versatility, reliability, and high-end physical talent.
Tennessee OT Darnell Wright isn’t yet a household name on the 2023 NFL Draft stage, but that may soon change if he can complete his scouting report. In a wide-open offensive tackle class, Wright has the opportunity to ascend and take a top spot. And as his path to this point shows, he has the talent as well.
I like him a lot. Taken him in some mock drafts. No sacks allowed on almost 900 snaps. Can’t beat that! Patriots would probably have to take him with our second round pick. Not sure if he would be there later.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's my day. I had a safety planned but since @BigKen posted every fucking safety in the draft, I'll go another direction.

.......careful to not compare prospects to an all-time great, such as Troy Polamalu. However, putting all hair aside, I do see some similarities in play style. I am in no way predicting Brown to have the career Troy had, but he is insanely athletic, and that athleticism was on display this week. Nobody was flying around the field more and making more plays in Mobile than Sydney Brown. If he can clean up the occasional missed tackles, he has a chance to be great. I have a second-round grade on him currently.

Instead my pick is:

Ever since he put on a helmet, Wright has been on a collision course with the NFL draft. He was a five-star prospect and a top-five overall recruit coming out of high school in 2019. He had scholarship offers from all of the blue bloods — Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Clemson — but instead chose to play for the University of Tennessee.

Since arriving at Tennessee, Wright has only kept climbing. He started seven games and played in 11 as a true freshman, earning Freshman All-SEC honors. He then became a full-time starter at right tackle in 2020. And in 2021, he moved to the blind side, starting all 13 games at the left tackle spot.

Wright has shown a lot in his time at Tennessee. He’s displayed versatility, reliability, and high-end physical talent.
Tennessee OT Darnell Wright isn’t yet a household name on the 2023 NFL Draft stage, but that may soon change if he can complete his scouting report. In a wide-open offensive tackle class, Wright has the opportunity to ascend and take a top spot. And as his path to this point shows, he has the talent as well.
Can play tackle or guard and dominated at right tackle for the Vols in 2022 earning first-team All-SEC honors … Concluded his career without allowing a sack in 19 consecutive games

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him a lot. Taken him in some mock drafts. No sacks allowed on almost 900 snaps. Can’t beat that! Patriots would probably have to take him with our second round pick. Not sure if he would be there later.
No chance at this point - unless somebody posts a video of him smashing baby chicks with a sledgehammer.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
disagree dont have to have a#1 but it helps

last few SBs

KC-KELCE
LAR-KUPP
TB-EVANS/GODWIN
KC-KELCE
NE-EDELMAN
PHI-NO #1
NE-EDELMAN
DEN-NO #1
NE-EDELMAN

And yes kelce isnt a WR but hes their #1 reciever:suds:
Maybe I should've clarified #1 on a certain team verse #1or even top 10 in the league. Oh and not just in one stat or the other. Every team has their own #1.

On this list I'll give you Kupp and Evans. So that tells me roughly 20% of teams with a WR in the top 10-15 win the SB.

Let's take it one step further. Those teams also had great QB play, Great O line, good running game, good to great D.

Sorry the stats tell us having a top ranked WR doesn't mean SB.

Evans was the only 1st rounder.

Kupp, Kelce and Goodwin 3rd.

Edelmen 7th.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Balance is;
A true wide #1 WR that draws double or even triple coverage when the game is on the line because of his ability to out run and/or out muscle those defending him in contested catch situations.
Balance is;
A true #2 WR that also draws double coverage when the game is on the line because of his ability to out run and/or out muscle those defending him in contested catch situations.
Which strikes fear into defenses because now any TE or receiving back or #3 WR or scrambling QB is now going for a first down or more.

We only have decent #2's and #3's.

Fear is not struck.
I'm not disagreeing with the level of WR and TEs we had last year. There are/were proven players on the roster. I think their lack of numbers or striking fear in anyone was thanks in part to the lack of an OC, Poor Oline and a QB that struggled.

My point remains, see my last post you can find WRs later in the draft. Using #14 in this draft on a WR is insane to me.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Instead my pick is:

I'm ok with this pick. Maybe BB can move down slightly in the 3rd, get another late pick or a 2024 late pick and still get this kid. I love non sexy picks, Road graders, Meaty run stoppers, hard hitting safties. Well rounded, respected players with a high IQ, team captains...

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I should've clarified #1 on a certain team verse #1or even top 10 in the league. Oh and not just in one stat or the other. Every team has their own #1.

On this list I'll give you Kupp and Evans. So that tells me roughly 20% of teams with a WR in the top 10-15 win the SB.

Let's take it one step further. Those teams also had great QB play, Great O line, good running game, good to great D.

Sorry the stats tell us having a top ranked WR doesn't mean SB.

Evans was the only 1st rounder.

Kupp, Kelce and Goodwin 3rd.

Edelmen 7th.
everyone i listed was top 10 in the league that year Where they were drafted has nothing to do with being a #1:suds:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone i listed was top 10 in the league that year Where they were drafted has nothing to do with being a #1:suds:
In what category?

You're also missing the point while strengthening my arguement.

Point being these guys weren't drafted higher then pick 63 or something like that.

Don't waste #14 on a WR.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK you can disagree, but you'll be wrong. NE did it for two decades.
Well you too can be wrong you seem to have forgotten they has the best QB in the history of the game at the helm, Mac and Zappe are not remotely close to that. Brady made WRs better they did not make him better that is what a true #1 can do.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In what category?

You're also missing the point while strengthening my arguement.

Point being these guys weren't drafted higher then pick 63 or something like that.

Don't waste #14 on a WR.
No u r confusing whats being talked about

1st wr drafted and #1 wr are not the same thing
i think they need to draft OT 1st its the biggest weakness
oh and btw every player drafted is a crapshoot until proven other wise:suds:
last 8 years WR drafted 1st
drake london-decent but needs qb
chase-true#1
riggs-out of nfl
m brown-decent
dj moore-decent
corey davis-bust
corey coleman-out
kevin white-bust

so yes i agree dont draft a wr

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No u r confusing whats being talked about

1st wr drafted and #1 wr are not the same thing
i think they need to draft OT 1st its the biggest weakness
oh and btw every player drafted is a crapshoot until proven other wise:suds:
last 8 years WR drafted 1st
drake london-decent but needs qb
chase-true#1
riggs-out of nfl
m brown-decent
dj moore-decent
corey davis-bust
corey coleman-out
kevin white-bust

so yes i agree dont draft a wr
Exactly and why I stated if one to the top 4s OTs are not there at pick 14 I feel like we should target a #1 WR, as I see it there are three in this draft at least three that have a legit shot at playing that role. But its all a crap shoot

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly and why I stated if one to the top 4s OTs are not there at pick 14 I feel like we should target a #1 WR, as I see it there are three in this draft at least three that have a legit shot at playing that role. But its all a crap shoot
I understand your position but we have bigger needs. If it was a slam dunk, I'd be more open to a WR.....