• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Prospect Of The Day

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a day early but I had a dream when I took a nap thi8s afternoon.

The New England Patriots have traded the #14 pick to the Seattle Seahawks.
The Patriots get #20 and #52 (2nd)

The New England Patriots Trade the #20 pick to the Dallas Cowboys
Patriots get #26, #90 (3rd), #128 (4th)

With the #26 pick in Round One The New England Patriots select:

Prospect of Day:

Broderick Jones OT Georgia

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Prospect of Day:

That's some pretty fancy trading right there. Who did the Seahawks take at #14?
Who did the Plowboys take at #20?
There will be 4 OT's gone by 17th pick and Jones is top 3 OT.
If we don't get Paris Johson at #14 ( maybe the Jets take a different OT or a punter?)
I'd drop to the 2nd round for (wait for it.....)

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round 3

Hendon Hooker

QB

Tennessee

Mac Jones is in year three of a rookie deal and the Pats are not sure he is the QB of the future for the Patriots. As much as people wanted to support Zappe he is unproven and as much a question mark as Jones is. Mobility is becoming the new standard for QB in the NFL, not necessarily Mike Vick mobility but at least the ability to scramble when called upon to do so. I do feel BB missed the boat on the trend and may allow BOB some leverage here to explore. We all know he is coming off a knee injury but I feel it’s safe to assume that he will not be the starter his rookie year and this gives him all the time in the world to get back to as close to 100% as he can.

Hendon Hooker QB: Tennessee

6’ 4” 220 lbs

4.96 40 time

Hooker has great arm strength, get great velocity on the ball and throws a tight spiral, excels in the short to intermediate range. Accurate passer when his feet are set, some mechanical issues which are very fixable. Has solid footspeed quick cuts allowing to make single defender miss. He won’t run away from DBs and Safety’s but he’ll damn sure give them a run for their money.

Deep ball can be an issue some of the velocity on the short to mid range passes do not show through on longer passes. While not the greatest of athletes he does have great athleticism. He needs to work on progression work and at times will go to predetermined targets. Needs to work on eye discipline and not force passes. Teachable and willing to learn. At round three this would be a solid pick.

There are also a lot of FA Vet QBs this year, if BB signs one to hold the clipboard I do not see him signing a QB this draft.

@BigKen You close the week tomorrow
@Yankee Traveler You will kick us of Monday

YankeeRebel
BigKen
YankeeTraveler
Southieinnc (aka King Southie)
nefansince75
sharkymcwrath
NWPATSFAN
cheerupcharlie
I think it's too soon given the Pats' needs. Nab him if he's there in the 5th but more likely another team will reach for him in the second.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Prospect of Day:

Love the pick less the fact he will be gone at 26

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the pick less the fact he will be gone at 26
Maybe - maybe not.
This is that time in the off-season that reporters have been talking shit for months without doing their homework.
Now they're starting to do their homework and players will be moving up and moving down.
Trades and extensions and other signings are coming soon.
The reporters will have this years draft figured out early in 2025!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe - maybe not.
This is that time in the off-season that reporters have been talking shit for months without doing their homework.
Now they're starting to do their homework and players will be moving up and moving down.
Trades and extensions and other signings are coming soon.
The reporters will have this years draft figured out early in 2025!
This is true, and I would love for him to be there when we select. This is one of those if we trade down hoping for a player like this there is a risk he is not there. I believe there is some RT talent later. But yeah if we land him at 26 that is a win

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of extensions...................

Saw that the Eagles are offering Hurts a completely new contract, voiding the next three years on his rookie deal and extending it to 5 years/$250M.

Not bad for a second round pick, eh??

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YankeeRebel
BigKen
YankeeTraveler
Southieinnc (aka King Southie)
nefansince75
sharkymcwrath
NWPATSFAN
cheerupcharlie

YankeeTraveler is up today just and FYI for all

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of extensions...................

Saw that the Eagles are offering Hurts a completely new contract, voiding the next three years on his rookie deal and extending it to 5 years/$250M.

Not bad for a second round pick, eh??
Young man has an excellent arttitude

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Official Prospect of the day #...?

Brian Branch Safety Alabama 6'0" 195

I Actually like TL Skinner because of his size, style and speed, but while Branch is a little undersized for safety, he is super versatile.

Branch has transitioned to playing multiple positions across the defense, aligning at deep safety, strong safety, nickel, linebacker, and has been the end man on the line of scrimmage in certain blitz packages. Branch is an instinctual defender who, through his short-area quickness, acceleration, and high motor, appears to always be around the football.

Against the run, Branch has good closing speed and is an efficient tackler. Branch on occasion is a violent tackler that has a physical presence about himself, making him a tone-setter on defense. Against the pass, Branch shows best in zone coverage where he can read the QB’s eyes, jump routes, and deflect passes to be a disruptive defender. Branch also has the range as a defender to make plays on the ball, tracking the ball in deeper portions of the field to intercept the pass.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I Actually like TL Skinner because of his size, style and speed, but while Branch is a little undersized for safety, he is super versatile.

Branch has transitioned to playing multiple positions across the defense, aligning at deep safety, strong safety, nickel, linebacker, and has been the end man on the line of scrimmage in certain blitz packages. Branch is an instinctual defender who, through his short-area quickness, acceleration, and high motor, appears to always be around the football.

Against the run, Branch has good closing speed and is an efficient tackler. Branch on occasion is a violent tackler that has a physical presence about himself, making him a tone-setter on defense. Against the pass, Branch shows best in zone coverage where he can read the QB’s eyes, jump routes, and deflect passes to be a disruptive defender. Branch also has the range as a defender to make plays on the ball, tracking the ball in deeper portions of the field to intercept the pass.
I see him going 2nd round. That gives me concern.

If he's available for NE in the 3rd and NE hasn't already addressed the DB issues count me in.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again there is a need for safety with DMAC having to hang em soom, Duggar as proven himself to be an asset but is BB willing to pay to keep him. 195 at 6'0 even sounds a tad light in the ass but 5 to 7 more pounds of muscle makes him very solid. Have not read a lot about him yet, and I usually avoid watching BAMA, so I have to do more research. I like the idea of a safety early and I like the idea of what that is good in the run game.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again there is a need for safety with DMAC having to hang em soom, Duggar as proven himself to be an asset but is BB willing to pay to keep him. 195 at 6'0 even sounds a tad light in the ass but 5 to 7 more pounds of muscle makes him very solid. Have not read a lot about him yet, and I usually avoid watching BAMA, so I have to do more research. I like the idea of a safety early and I like the idea of what that is good in the run game.
Conflicting reports.
The first page I read said 6'0" @193 which I rounded up, the second one I saw said 5'11" @ 215.

Can I get 6'0" @ 215 please?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conflicting reports.
The first page I read said 6'0" @193 which I rounded up, the second one I saw said 5'11" @ 215.

Can I get 6'0" @ 215 please?
LMAO all that will come out at the combine. I also like he was an SEC player, people can say what they want but the is the best conference in college football and the competition to get on the field at BAMA speaks volumes in itself.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a lot of research on the safety position because I like Skinner so much. Branch is pretty much the consensus #1 safety on most boards. The fact he can play corner if needed and is extremely intelligent, he’d be a great fit for the Patriots. A lot of mid to late 1st round predictions. If he were to drop to the end of the 1st I’d be happy with some kind of trade to get back into the 1st round and grab him. Still want on O-lineman with our #1 or fingers crossed some stud slides to our pick and he’s just too good to pass on regardless of the position.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a lot of research on the safety position because I like Skinner so much. Branch is pretty much the consensus #1 safety on most boards. The fact he can play corner if needed and is extremely intelligent, he’d be a great fit for the Patriots. A lot of mid to late 1st round predictions. If he were to drop to the end of the 1st I’d be happy with some kind of trade to get back into the 1st round and grab him. Still want on O-lineman with our #1 or fingers crossed some stud slides to our pick and he’s just too good to pass on regardless of the position.
Yeah I too want and OT but if the top 4 are gone and there is a top tier #1 receiver that is where I want to go.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing often lost about versatility in the defensive backs is when a player can play all DB positions, he has a better understanding of what his teammate DB's are doing.....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing often lost about versatility in the defensive backs is when a player can play all DB positions, he has a better understanding of what his teammate DB's are doing.....
That's very true and important for a safety, safties provide help over the top and often have to determine whic CB that are supporting, that is made at times during the course of the play