• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OFFICIAL OFF SEASON THREAD ( 2017 )

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I went through the exercise of trying to add up what we have dedicated to spend so far.

I included Lucroy, Chirinos
Rua, Profar, Odor, Elvis, Beltre
Choo, Mazara, DeShields
Darvish, Hamels, Perez, Griffin, Cashner
Dyson, Bush, Kela, Barnette, Jeffress, Diekman, and Claudio.

I also included the $1.5 milliion we owe Holland and half of what we owe Prince assuming that half will be paid by insurance. That amounted to $9 million for Prince and it actually may be a little more than that. We also owe Hamilton $2 million.

That leaves us needing to fill 3 positions. If we fill those position with our own young players or scrubbs it might total somewhere between $1.5 and $3 million.

That gives us a grand total of $133 million. There appears to be money to spend.

Hopefully we don't see DeShields on the roster until September and i could add Griffin to that thought too. and for the OF and 1st base positions we don't have anyone in the minors ready for full time action. NO TO SCRUBS

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully we don't see DeShields on the roster until September and i could add Griffin to that thought too. and for the OF and 1st base positions we don't have anyone in the minors ready for full time action. NO TO SCRUBS
Carrying 1 or 2 scrubs may allow us to spend more in free agency on guys who are either in the starting lineup, the rotation, or closing out games.

Would you rather see us have DeShields or Hoying on the bench? We could very well have one or even both at times in 2017.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well... I guess that answers that.
Hokkaiso might not have posted him for a few years anyway. He doesn't hit free agency for another 5 seasons and they might want to hold onto him as long as they can. He is their best hitter and their best pitcher and is a box office draw.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows, maybe in three years we will get this kid in the draft. lol

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD mentioned today that DeShields and Drew Robinson are both candidates to play CF for us in 2017.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carrying 1 or 2 scrubs may allow us to spend more in free agency on guys who are either in the starting lineup, the rotation, or closing out games.

Would you rather see us have DeShields or Hoying on the bench? We could very well have one or even both at times in 2017.

I would rather see neither but true be told it would Hoying over DeShields if it came down to it. I can see a bench of Chirinos, Profar and Rua not sure about the 4th bench player. That means we need to cover 1st(probably Moreland), LF and CF

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather see neither but true be told it would Hoying over DeShields if it came down to it. I can see a bench of Chirinos, Profar and Rua not sure about the 4th bench player. That means we need to cover 1st(probably Moreland), LF and CF
I think both Profar and Rua will be starting for us on Opening Day.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD mentioned today that DeShields and Drew Robinson are both candidates to play CF for us in 2017.
Is Gomez out of consideration in CF?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let's hope not or we are reallygoing to suck big time if DeShields and/or Robinson are part of the 2017 Rangers outfield
That's why I ask the question. Why would JD suggest those two?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't need to waste Profar another season. He needs to start and play or trade him.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't need to waste Profar another season. He needs to start and play or trade him.
Yeah, I agree. I think one of him and Odor will either be traded or one of them will be starting in the OF. It really depends on what else they are able to accomplish. If they are able to land Rich Hill and Gomez then that will probably be the end of the major spending and we will make do with Odor, Profar and Rua starting at some combination of 1B, 2B, and COF.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I ask the question. Why would JD suggest those two?
He also said other teams are approaching them about Robinson because they are wanting him in the OF. I just don't get what Robinson has ever done to make him a coveted prospect, but if some other team is enamored with him I would get what I could for him.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More confusion about international players.

Another critical element of the system is just who is subject to the spending caps, which could significantly influence top young talent and whether it flows to the majors. Cuban players who are at least 25 years of age and have six years of Serie Nacional experience will be exempt from these limitations, Morosi tweets. It’s not entirely clear whether players from other countries will continue to be exempt from these limitations, though. Nightengale suggests that the limitations will not apply to players coming over from Asia, though that element still seems a bit unclear. Passan, for example, tweets that the current rules would seemingly keep Japanese star Shohei Otani from moving to the majors for several years (he’s still just 22).

MLB, MLBPA Agree To New Collective Bargaining Agreement

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan mentioned again on his podcast today that Josh Hamilton and the Rangers have an unwritten agreement that Josh will most likely be signed to a minor league contract and allowed to compete for a spot on the club in ST. He is still rehabbing. Evan feels like there is one chapter left in the Josh Hamilton story.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan mentioned again on his podcast today that Josh Hamilton and the Rangers have an unwritten agreement that Josh will most likely be signed to a minor league contract and allowed to compete for a spot on the club in ST. He is still rehabbing. Evan feels like there is one chapter left in the Josh Hamilton story.
Dont see it. He can't just stay healthy.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont see it. He can't just stay healthy.
He will continue to be a pain. He had his day. Now it's time let someone else have their's