• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OFFICIAL OFF SEASON THREAD ( 2017 )

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally! My buddy and I have been planning to take his older boys to ST and have been waiting on the schedule.

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news, I'm hearing a lot of chatter about Chris Sale being dangled out there.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh it'll take way more than that.
How do you think it will compare with what we gave up for Hamels given Sale is under control for only a couple of years and we won't have to throw in a prospect to get the White Sox to take on a terrible contract the way we did Philly?

Also how many of those prospects that we gave up for Hamels is Odor worth?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of work to do, should be very interesting to see the FO approach this offseason

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of work to do, should be very interesting to see the FO approach this offseason
It almost seems like too much to accomplish in one offseason. 1B, COF, CF and 2 SP seems like a lot to find. That is assuming Choo is the answer at DH and given his injury history that may not be a wise assumption. It might not be a bad idea to find another candidate to close as well.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It almost seems like too much to accomplish in one offseason. 1B, COF, CF and 2 SP seems like a lot to find. That is assuming Choo is the answer at DH and given his injury history that may not be a wise assumption. It might not be a bad idea to find another candidate to close as well.

Shame to waste our last year of Darvish.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shame to waste our last year of Darvish.
Instead of throwing money at pitchers in the top of this year's free agency class I think I would go ahead and try to extend Darvish.

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you think it will compare with what we gave up for Hamels given Sale is under control for only a couple of years and we won't have to throw in a prospect to get the White Sox to take on a terrible contract the way we did Philly?

Difficulty is that there's very little by way of starting pitching available this offseason. Word was the White Sox purposely held onto Sale last July for this very reason. To answer your question, Sale could very well command the same price Hamels did.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difficulty is that there's very little by way of starting pitching available this offseason. Word was the White Sox purposely held onto Sale last July for this very reason. To answer your question, Sale could very well command the same price Hamels did.
I was thinking it would be similar. Sale is under control for less years, but he is also cheaper money wise. To compare what we would have to give up for Sale with what we gave up for Hamels we have to make some adjustments in what the Rangers gave Philly due to Diekman being included and due to us having to pitch in a good prospect for Philly to take on Harrison.

We gave up Alfaro, Williams, Eichhoff, Asher, and Thompson. Then of course they took Harrison from us at a price. I believe it was widely speculated that Eickhoff was the payment for them taking Harrison so let's remove Eickhoff from the equation. I am putting Diekman's value in the trade as Asher and Thompson. That leaves basically Alfaro and Williams for Hamels. Maybe it could be said that Diekman was only worth one of those pitching prospects, so that would mean it was Hamels for Alfaro, Williams, and Asher. I believe Odor would equal either of those packages so maybe it might not take more than Odor for Sale.

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Odor would equal either of those packages so maybe it might not take more than Odor for Sale.

Problem with your theory is that the Rangers are competing with what other teams can offer the White Sox for Sale, not with what the Rangers sent to the Phillies for Hamels.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with your theory is that the Rangers are competing with what other teams can offer the White Sox for Sale, not with what the Rangers sent to the Phillies for Hamels.
My theory was based on an agreement with your statement that, "Sale could very well command the same price Hamels did." Now you seem to be changing your mind to say that he will command a higher price than Hamels did.

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My theory was based on an agreement with your statement that, "Sale could very well command the same price Hamels did." Now you seem to be changing your mind to say that he will command a higher price than Hamels did.

No, I'm not. You're just assuming that I'm assigning the same value to each of those Hamels trade pieces as you are.

my guess is it'll take at least 3 prospects and a 4th piece of some sort to land Sale.