• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OFFICIAL OFF SEASON THREAD ( 2017 )

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A longterm answer for 1B is something that JD has not been able to provide since he traded Teixeira.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A longterm answer for 1B is something that JD has not been able to provide since he traded Teixeira.

Between Gonzalez, Tex and Davis, 1st base has been JD's bogeyman.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dexter Fowler do anything for anyone?

Not so much really. But then again, somebodies gotta be our CF.

How comfortable would you be with having Gomez there on a two year deal at $8 mil per vs Fowler there for 5/6 years at $12 mil per?

Do those numbers make sense for either, or both?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Yeah ... I mean I never rule anybody out," Rangers general manager Jon Daniels said. "[Signing expensive relievers] has not been our normal game plan. If you look at offseasons past, it's not typically the way we go about it. But if that turns out a way to add impact players to the team, we will consider it."

Rangers considering free-agent relievers

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Yeah ... I mean I never rule anybody out," Rangers general manager Jon Daniels said. "[Signing expensive relievers] has not been our normal game plan. If you look at offseasons past, it's not typically the way we go about it. But if that turns out a way to add impact players to the team, we will consider it."

Rangers considering free-agent relievers

Typical JD speak. Didn't really say anything.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would definitely be a JD type move.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes both did tank

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW. JD does make a few under the radar moves ala Barnette, Bush and Desmond. We shall see how this plays out.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW. JD does make a few under the radar moves ala Barnette, Bush and Desmond. We shall see how this plays out.
Hope it bodes well

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I will say all were successful moves this year, it is time for JD to make some bigger moves if this team is gonna have a chance to contend past the regular season. The starting rotation is going to have to pitch better and really needs the addition of another 1-3 starter type.

Offense needs to perform better than they did down the stretch and could use an addition at 1B. When Desmond is gone, can Gomez carry the offense like Ian did for a good part of the 1st half or will he return to his Astros days production? Lots of questions to be answered as there is most off seasons. Just spitballing a bit

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I will say all were successful moves this year, it is time for JD to make some bigger moves if this team is gonna have a chance to contend past the regular season. The starting rotation is going to have to pitch better and really needs the addition of another 1-3 starter type.

Offense needs to perform better than they did down the stretch and could use an addition at 1B. When Desmond is gone, can Gomez carry the offense like Ian did for a good part of the 1st half or will he return to his Astros days production? Lots of questions to be answered as there is most off seasons. Just spitballing a bit

Yeah I think they sign Gomez and he leads off and Choo bats second splitting time between OF and DH. Sure to get a reaction here but I wonder if Josh begins working out at 1B some. Of course he is 99% broken down and also likely never to make it back on roster but that part of me that is sports fan irrational wants to see some redemption. Seeing that R Davis game 7 thing HR go for naught brings back memories.

And I do believe for us to finally capture and win that elusive WS something Magical will need to have happened. So be patient with me as I leave the door opened just a crack albeit as foolish as it may be. In reality Gallo has more a shot. Haha

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We simply cannot afford to expect guys like Desmond and Gomez to fall into our lap again. We got two like that in a span of a few months. We may not find another like that for a few years.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think they sign Gomez and he leads off and Choo bats second splitting time between OF and DH. Sure to get a reaction here but I wonder if Josh begins working out at 1B some. Of course he is 99% broken down and also likely never to make it back on roster but that part of me that is sports fan irrational wants to see some redemption. Seeing that R Davis game 7 thing HR go for naught brings back memories.

And I do believe for us to finally capture and win that elusive WS something Magical will need to have happened. So be patient with me as I leave the door opened just a crack albeit as foolish as it may be. In reality Gallo has more a shot. Haha
Let's see if they bring Josh back first. I know they left that door open, but I have not read anything lately that leads me to believe they are going to bring him back. By now you would have thought we would be hearing how his rehab has went so far, but it has been very quiet on that front. Yes, we all are irrational at some point. lol

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB Rumor Central: Joey Gallo's chances to be Rangers' 1B slim

The Texas Rangers have an opening at first base now that Mitch Moreland is a free agent. And Joey Gallo is not the Rangers' first choice to fill the vacant position in 2017, reports Evan Grant of The Dallas Morning News.

rumorcentral_16x9_203x114.png
When Grant asked Rangers general manager Jon Daniels about the open position, Daniels named both Jurickson Profar and Ryan Rua as possibilities ahead of Gallo.

"We think Joey [Gallo] is going to be a very good player in this league, but when is still too early to say. Ideally, he'd probably get a little more time, unless there is a big jump like Ryan Rua took last year," Daniels told Grant.

In other words, Gallo is likely to begin 2017 in the minor leagues.

Gallo, who turns 23 on Nov. 19, was drafted by the Rangers 39th overall in the first round of the 2012 Major League Baseball draft. Gallo hoped to spend the offseason playing winter ball in Venezuela, but strained his hamstring just three days into the winter season. He is allowed to start playing again in mid-December, but will not return to Venezuela.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Hammel option declined by Cubs. I'm betting Rangers are in on him.
I am not too crazy about bringing in another National League pitcher and especially an ex-Cub.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillies confirm they extended a qualifying offer to Jeremy Hellickson. No surprise. They were signaling this in July. Expect him to decline. He's the No. 2 starter in Keith Law's free-agent rankings!