• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Mariners arm-chair GM offseason thread 2018-2019

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then if you trade leake, leblanc,and ramirez...trading these three guy's to san dieo would make san diego verry tough
verry fast...for example..or think of Kansas city

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

baseball depth speech..lol

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

baseball discusions....winter meetings....lol

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the front office saber metrics

time to go ...lol

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks good..Z.man
along with goblins and gools..and other such things ...minor league free agent's are out as well

jacob turner is considerd..MLB i think....but sense detroit cant seem to fix him..idk on the reason..he was a first round guy
but the first club that try's gets to ...be the possible winner...if it was just detroit that was doing it to him....hay toss a coin..lol..take a chance...you can always dfa him
pitsburgh...a few years ago could fix a guy like this...maybe

545363.jpg

Jacob Turner 46 P
Toledo Mud Hens
divider-420x20.gif

• Full Name: Jacob Edward Turner
  • Birthplace: St. Charles, MO
  • Bats/Throws: R/R Ht: 6' 5" Wt: 215
  • Draft: Round 1 (2009, DET)
  • MLB Debut: 07/30/2011
  • School: Westminster Christian Academy, Town and Country,, MO
  • View Full Bio »

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but really if i was detroit..i would fire the pitching coach cuz a few guys that should not ..be doeing bad are..and it cant be all the pitcher's all of a sudden..are no good...like daniel norris is going backward...boyd was down below 4 in era but finnished above at 439...fullmer has been good and zimmerman steady...like turner they need to fix norris

571510.jpg

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the reason i was looking at detroit...is cuz i was looking at baltimore after there fire sale...and aaahh...there is almost nothing left to speak of..

.but they could still off load cashner and cobb...cuz they not going to win for a couple years any way..

so i was thinking cuz of the size of camden yards..they need to start gitting ground ball pitchers..if possable
camden yards
Left Field Line – 333 feet (101.5 m) Left Center – 364 feet (110.9 m) Deep Left Center – 410 feet (125 m) Center Field – 400 feet (121.9 m) (Not posted) Right Center – 373 feet (113.7 m)
an awsome seager dimention..lol...Right Field Line – 318 feet (96.9 m)

safco
Left Field - 331 ft (101 m) Left-Center - 378 ft(115 m) Center Field - 401 ft (122 m) Right-Center - 381 ft (116 m) Right Field - 326 ft (99 m) Backstop - 69 ft (21 m)..accually it is close to safco....but there right field line does seem
seager friendly

but with cris davis looking more like zunino...than the guy baltimore paid for..it is like a hernandez problem for them
and they need to get a real first base guy..unfortunatly..it is 23 mil a year till 2022..ooooouuuuCH....for a bench guy..ohhh well...welcome to the guaranted contract
without the incentive clauses..which have price tags on them...lol

the rest of there infield looks ok for now...but there outfield needs total revamp

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this looks familier...hammels is the #7 guy in the bull pen........there is a......reason.........................................era.........................................................................................................2017................ 5.29 32 32 0 0 0 0 0 1
2018 KC AL 4 14 ............... 6.02 39 18 0 0 1 0 2 127.0 168 91 85 18 2073 3 39

so felix is not alone in the troubles he is having...unfortunatly...it is more normal than people think

503449.jpg

641838.jpg

657612.jpg

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tommy john oh tommy john where have you sent the men...to doc..with shock...will they ever be back again...
hey..hey hey hey..play the day away

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know it is ...hot stove..season but i was just going over some of my......my list draft guys...and typing them in
when i noticed..somthing on beau brundage..L/R.....6-4...u of portland..he is from bufard georgia(outside atlanta)
idk on how he ever came to Uofportland...but he is still on my list..here is some ..stuff

Player ................avg gp-gs ab r h 2b 3b hr rbi tb ... slg% bb hbp so gdp ob% sf sh sb-att po a e .........................................................................................................................................................fld%
BRUNDAGE, Beau .378 53-53 209 40 79 13 4 1 24 103 .493 22 7 41 1 .452 1 1 4-12 147 7 1 .994

while those number are not the greatest (FOR COLLAGE).....they are not bad.and for a CF guy

PERSONAL: Born on April 29, 1997 in Portland, Ore. … parents are Dameron and Dave … dad Dave is currently the manager of the Sacramento River Cats, the Triple-A affiliate of the San Francisco Giants … major is business … drafted in the 38th round of the 2015 MLB Draft by the Philadelphia

Brundage_Beau_web.jpg

Position
OF
B/T
L/R
Ht./Wt.
6-4 / 190
Class
R-So.
Hometown
Buford, Ga.
Highschool
Mill Creek HS
sense his dad is manager of the river cats ..i could see how he would get around...a bit

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while idk on the location..i like a different one but..that one is ok..also i would rather have an expantion than the rays or
the A's..cuz I am a sonics fan...i am against taking anyone else's team..is it an open wound..to me it is..

aside from that..cuz the mariners are american league...i would want a national league team..for portland

then i could see all the MLB teams..come to play in the northwest...and ALL mlb teams have fans everywhere
so everyone would have a chance to see there team..and if they moved here from somwhere else
and still love there team..

that said here is a video on it

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanking right now would be unbearable because there is no future we can look forward to.
With all due respect it cant get more unbearable. Tanking sucks yes but at least its a plan to be great. Right now the plan is just hope to get good enough and get lucky. That plan hasnt worked for 40 plus years so not sure why they think it can work now. But honestly 89 wins, 79 wins, 69 wins, 59 wins, i dont really care. Last year was just as bad if not worse then any of the 100 loss years.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect it cant get more unbearable. Tanking sucks yes but at least its a plan to be great. Right now the plan is just hope to get good enough and get lucky. That plan hasnt worked for 40 plus years so not sure why they think it can work now. But honestly 89 wins, 79 wins, 69 wins, 59 wins, i dont really care. Last year was just as bad if not worse then any of the 100 loss years.

I get what you are saying, but other teams that have tanked have started their tanking by trading off their best and highest paid players and received truck loads of prospects to look forward to seeing them develop in the minors. As it stands they don’t have enough minor leaguers who could fill out the MLB roster if they decide to do a full rebuild. Just to me, there isn’t a possible way that the Mariners could get enough to even replenish their farm system. The numbers are against them with other teams tanking it driving down the market. I will still contend last deadline would have been a franchise changing deadline for the Mariners but they were in it.

I just think everyone outside of Haniger doesn’t have anywhere near the value in an off-season trade as they would at a deadline or Segura could have last year when little Seager got hurt. And I really just can’t see Jerry trading Haniger and Marco.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
clear out and trade the rotation and vincent...for young pitching the teams that are ...done tanking ..==san diego and phili
now want..they are fixing to make ..the push...amazingly...they are also..the ones who have the young pitching
the mariners need
and they need the..a bit of the experinced pitching

for example
leake.........he is a native of there
leblanc....they drafted him
and ramirez

this clears a good 20 some mil off.....not bad to start with

this totally fixes san diego..and with lamet..maybe not yet ready
gives san diego the vet support there young guy's need

for
erlin.....LHP
nix
and
cordero........CF
totally works for seattle

Last edited:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
varry similar to franchy cordero

Seattle Mariners Trade Target: Outfielder Joc Pederson of the dodgers

Seattle Mariners: James Paxton Trade Profile, Be Creative With Lefty

More recently, the Astros dealt SP Joe Musgrove, 3B Colin Moran, RP Michael Feliz and OF Jason Martin to the Pirates for two years of SP Gerrit Cole.

which is close the the value of pax

Not sure how I feel about Joc Pederson.

Couple of years ago I would've been all over that idea because I felt he still had a much higher ceiling, but he has kind of stagnated the past two years and the sabermetrics don't look too kindly on his performance in CF.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you trade seager ..lets say to atlanta for more minor league guys
then with cruz gone
paxton traded
gordan traded
and hernandez with only one more year
and maybe vincent traded as well

could you sign machado...???...and just paying him less the first year..??
with 37 home runs last year it would be like having cruz
and he is 26 yo
so it would solve the cruz and seager prob at the same time

and it would solve some problems in the line up as well

segura...ss
span.....LF........./L..or gamel here
haniger....RF
cano.........2b....../L

machado.....3b

healey.........1b
gamel........DH...../L..or vogelbach here..and maybe span traded as well...after you sign machado..but i dont like that..i like keeping span
zunino...........c
cordero.......Cf......./L.lets say they traded gordan for cordero

As much as I would love to try to sign Machado and move Kyle Seager, it's very unlikely to happen.

1. I'm unsure we would be able to move Kyle Seager. He turns 31 in a few days, he's coming off of the worst season of his career and he's owed $57.5m over the next 3 years. I honestly cannot imagine that anyone would want to take on his contract.

2. Machado will likely receive in excess of $30m a year. Right now the Mariners have $160m committed to their opening day payroll. They spent $171m last year. Even merely re-signing Nelson Cruz and not making any other substantial moves would already require a payroll bump. In other words, it's not going to happen.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I would love to try to sign Machado and move Kyle Seager, it's very unlikely to happen.

1. I'm unsure we would be able to move Kyle Seager. He turns 31 in a few days, he's coming off of the worst season of his career and he's owed $57.5m over the next 3 years. I honestly cannot imagine that anyone would want to take on his contract.

2. Machado will likely receive in excess of $30m a year. Right now the Mariners have $160m committed to their opening day payroll. They spent $171m last year. Even merely re-signing Nelson Cruz and not making any other substantial moves would already require a payroll bump. In other words, it's not going to happen.

yeah ..i would agree...but it would be possible..with enough trades clearing off..dollar space
on machado...likly..no...lololol

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
clear out and trade the rotation and vincent...for young pitching the teams that are ...done tanking ..==san diego and phili
now want..they are fixing to make ..the push...amazingly...they are also..the ones who have the young pitching
the mariners need
and they need the..a bit of the experinced pitching

for example
leake.........he is a native of there
leblanc....they drafted him
and ramirez

this clears a good 20 some mil off.....not bad to start with

this totally fixes san diego..and with lamet..maybe not yet ready
gives san diego the vet support there young guy's need

for
erlin.....LHP
nix
and
cordero........CF
totally works for seattle

so in this one..sandiego rotation would look like
lucchesi....LHp
leake
lauer.....LHP
lamet/ramirez...in this ramirez is out of the bull pen...filling in for lamet
leblanc..........LHP
kennedy

yeah and a bit of depth as well..and two year's of leake and Lablanc.. brings new young pitchers from the minors

quanntrill..lol
perdomo

Last edited: