• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Mariners arm-chair GM offseason thread 2018-2019

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Player Page.....................rockus - moustakas
Milwaukee Brewers
Age / DOB: (30) / 9/11/1988........3B
Ht / Wt:
6'0" / 215
Bats / Throws: Left / Right
College: None
Drafted: 2007 / Rd. 1 (2) / KC
Contract:

MLW.png

LATEST NEWS
RECENT NEWS

Mike Moustakas declined his $15 million mutual option with the Brewers for 2019.
Moustakas will again hope to find a multi-year offer on the free agent market, though he struggled in that regard last winter despite posting career-highs in OPS (.835) and home runs (38) in 148 games with the Royals in 2017. The 30-year-old first baseman put up a .774 OPS and 28 home runs in 152 games between Kansas City and Milwaukee this past season. Oct 30 - 5:39 PM

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we ...all have to move on ....at times

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe i was too ambitius on the san diego trade...so i will revise and reduce it to leake and ramirez
for cordero..and nix..and maybe..some prospect or two

but i would still like to try for stephenson

and weber is now availible

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also i would move to resign phelps to a minor league contract with a MLB addendum..so it would change when called up
to a MLB ....nice...lol

lol some contract manipulation to fit the situatuon...lol

it was a nice thought..to trade pax..but not now ..maybe later...lol
but i would still be interested in pivetta..if something else could be worked out

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

here is an other senario with phili..voggy for kingery gordan for pivetta

then resign cruz

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I smell a championship here...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I smell a championship here...

sounds good...those moves ...seem...good ones

i expected joey to be put on the 40...he will prob at tacoma..and white will move up AA
maybe..or they will get a milb free agent..for AA..and white will stay at modesto ..for the first half

if that is the case then..the milb free agent should be A..L/L guy...or not is still ok with falia there

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cook is like ...mark lowe in that mark would get traded..go to the playoffs...then go back to tacoma..come up
and get traded again...lol...it is going to happen to cook as soon as he finds it again...cuz i think he likes tacoma lol

grimm...after loseing it with cubs..seems to have found it again...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the way anthony misiewics is pitching in the arizona fall league..era 365..will he be promoted to AAA
after being injured early in the year..i dont know if that is what caused his numbers to rise a bit from the year before

but i hope it is and he seems to be on track now ..his era for the season was 551 era..and a dismal 3-12 win/loss
but his strike out rate ...remained the same..which is not bad..
his normal at AA last year.was around 4.35 and he was improving..and improved even more..when traded to tampa bay

but this year..did not work out that way..but at this point his numbers at AFL would seem also normal Misiewics
when he is.. on....then ya get around a 3.50 era....and a strike out rate just behind the innings pitched..a bit
last year was 147 ip and 141 strike out...that seems about normal for him..its not bad

with the end of his 4th year after collage...i think they will put him on the 40 man...cuz he is a LHP...and cuz the mariners really need pitching at just that lvl and LHP..he fits the bill..

and ..imo he is still improving..and next year will make it to AAA...maybe for the 2nd half

but im still..... projecting... him at AA..for now

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A projection..of mariners AA pitching..next year
note; they need to push up from the bottom...and then...add some on top..which tons of teams do at AAA..cuz of the system of how the free agents work

Mcoughan
///////////unknown...LHP////// they may put wells here..if they think he can do well...I would at least put him out of the bull pen
bannister
misiewics...............Lhp
Ljay newsome........he has done well....a strike out guy....its time to move up

austin hutchinson....he was bouncing around the system for a couple.years now..but did well at modesto so i think he is ready for AA

wyatt mills
jack anderson
micheal Koval
danny garcia...LHP..was a starter and still can but mariners need LHp at AA...and danny needs to move up..prob will spot start as well
austin hutchinson...RHP
nick wells..............Lhp...well be his last year out of HS..they really need him out of the bull pen..spot start

in this senario..it maybe ok to just get another RHP. to start..cuz you have garcia and wells in the pen...or just have hutchinson start
and grab some more bull pen guys

but they will get a few more milb free agent's......... as well they always do

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but if they cant learn how to pitch....then just go see chubb's and learn how to putt

but this may be just an excuse for me to watch happy gilmore ...lol

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and if they take the lablanc rout..==long reilef..they may just make it

but like diaz...they may like the closer role

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one of the guys i follow...from..the naval acadamy...came up with baltimore..and has bounced around....had a nasty splitter at one time.....
Oliver Drake - R - Rays
Rays claimed RHP Oliver Drake off waivers.

Drake was claimed from the Twins, who had claimed the right-hander from the Blue Jays. In total, he pitched for five MLB teams in 2018, but the Twins were the only one he had any sustained success with; posting a 2.21 ERA with a 22/7 K/BB ratio in 19 games and 20 1/3 innings. He'll battle for one of the final pitching spots on the Tampa Bay bullpen.

after eavaldi ...evreyone should watch ..who the rays ..get in..milb free agents

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: M's have two-year deal with Gonzales
7480.jpg

Jon Heyman of Fancred Sports reports that the Mariners have agreed to a two-year deal with Marco Gonzales.

Heyman says the deal is for $1.9 million. Gonzales wasn't eligible for arbitration yet, so this deal gives the left-hander a payday increase while the Mariners buyout one year of the arbitration. The 26-year-old pitched well for most of 2018 with a 13-9 record, 4.00 ERA and 145/32 K/BB ratio over 29 starts. He should pitch in the middle of the Seattle rotation over the next two years.
Source: Jon Heyman on Twitter
Nov 1 - 5:28 PM

bump up the doller's ..but i agree...he has been worth it..and is deserving

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Updating a previous item, Jon Heyman of Fancred Sports reports that Marco Gonzales' new deal with the Mariners comes after agreeing to drop his grievance.

Gonzales filed a grievance with the Cardinals over an issue he had with when St. Louis demoted him. In return for dropping it, he gets a hefty raise -- considerably more than he would get as a player that wasn't eligible for arbitration -- but he remains under team-control for two extra years with the Mariners.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if someone paid me to go away...or shut up....i may as well...ha ha

Gonzales filed a grievance with the Cardinals over an issue he had with when St. Louis demoted him. In return for dropping it, he gets a hefty raise -- considerably more than he would get as a player that wasn't eligible for arbitration -- but he remains under team-control for two extra years with the Mariners.

a deal is a deal.........it is the way it is

whatever the greavince was it is obvious...he was in the right

Last edited: