• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2016 NBA Draft Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol someone is a little angry.....panties in a bunch this morning? its friday man, LOL.....

i would think that making the playoffs is not nearly enough to save Jimmy Buss' head in the long term.

I think it would be extremely difficult for the Lakers to make the playoffs this year- and unless they get major help in free agency- which is a possibility without a doubt- its doubtful they make it next year either.

And thats fine- id let the kids grow together another year or two. Im not sure if FA's think the Lakers are ready to taket he next step yet.

Ingram is the most talented and is a rookie who would be blown over by a stiff breeze
Randle was basically a rook last year too
Russell was a rookie and played well at times but also hurt himself with his attitude nad behavior.

If I am a free agent and gonna sign a long term deal- id prob want to see how these guys grow and get better for another year before i commit. As we saw in Minnesota- who has elite young talent that is significantly better than the Lakers--- it doesnt guarantee you anything and usually just gets you back in the lotto UNLESS you are REALLY patient and wait for years for the young guys to develop----- kinda like how the Cavs and OKC did in the first few years of their rebuilds.

If I remember correctly, dumb ass.....after LeBron left the first time......you said the draft was the way to go and then that didn't work out for the Cavs and you said let's sign leBron back and some free agents.

Which is it? Or do you just straddle both sides of the fence to rub your clit on?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly, dumb ass.....after LeBron left the first time......you said the draft was the way to go and then that didn't work out for the Cavs and you said let's sign leBron back and some free agents.

Which is it? Or do you just straddle both sides of the fence to rub your clit on?
LOL....man you are SOOO bitter

of course the draft is the way to go to set the foundation. I think- and have siad it multiple times- that the Lakers should continue to be patient. Its obvious these things take a while.

This is year 4 without winning a playoff series. Now they finally do have a good young core and some assets. How long before that can be transformed into a team that can actually win something was my question.

id tend to say either 2 or 3 years more years- for a total of 6 or 7...- depending on luck in the FA market.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and yah- its OBVIOUS the Lakers arent winning ap layoff series this year. Thats why i asked- how many years down the line do you think it will take?

right now the drought is 4 years without winning a playoff series. How many years do you think it will be before that drought ends?

Talk to me after free agency is done (it hasn't even started yet), boy with the females name.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Celtics are just a mess right now....the value of draft picks PLUMMETED this year because of A. the weak draft and B. all the salary cap room.

what do they do with all these solid but not good or great NBa players?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't get too angry after awhile you get used to your team sucking. It has been 4 years and counting. Enjoy :suds:

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't get too angry after awhile you get used to your team sucking. It has been 4 years and counting. Enjoy :suds:

Just pointing out Wiggy talks out both sides of his mouth=hypocrite.

Cavs fans know all about suck-itude. It's their history.....until this season.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this draft was bad, but it's easily better than last years.

Last year's was really bad. Not deep at all.

Yeah but Miami did really well with their 2 picks. Winslow was in the top 5 of almost all the mocks and Richardson had a late first/early 2nd rating

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you already KNEW he was a friggin' frontrunner. what changed this morning...?

HE needs the validation more than anyone else does...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but Miami did really well with their 2 picks. Winslow was in the top 5 of almost all the mocks and Richardson had a late first/early 2nd rating

no doubt...

imo, and considering where they drafted to get those 2 kids, the FO there did a GREAT job. those guys'll be good for the Heat...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One ring in 50+ years and these Cleveland fans are getting lippy, lol. In about that same period of time....

Los-Angeles-Lakers-Dynasty-Banner.jpg

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and yah- its OBVIOUS the Lakers arent winning ap layoff series this year. Thats why i asked- how many years down the line do you think it will take?

It all depends on free agency. If they sign the right guys, they could win a playoff series as soon as this season. I don't see true difference makers changing teams this year, so they are probably a couple of seasons away.

As for Jim Buss keeping his job, who knows? He said back in contention in 3 years (this coming season would be year 3) and unless they somehow do something in the off-season like manage to get Durant and Whiteside, that ain't happening. Jeanie has said that she'll hold him to it.

What I wonder is if the young guys show a lot of improvement under Luke, if that'll be enough for him to keep his job? If they do, you can make an argument that based on the young core of talent that they have, that he and Mitch have done a good job of getting things pointed in the right direction.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The short answer is I don't know and Mitch needs to be fired. Time for some new blood in the front office, he's gotten way too complacent. Been there too long.

Dumbest thing I've seen you post. Considering where they were after the CP3 crap and when Dwight/Nash deal blew up, Mitch has done a remarkable job of putting together a very talented young core of players and seems to have hired the right coach to develop them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly, that's why you need to relax and enjoy the rebuild lol.

And now you can't say we suck anymore :yes:

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, that's why you need to relax and enjoy the rebuild lol.

And now you can't say we suck anymore :yes:

1 title doesn't erase years and years of suck-itude. Sorry to break this to you.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One ring in 50+ years and these Cleveland fans are getting lippy, lol. In about that same period of time....

View attachment 130867

It was actually more of like we have sucked for so long so now it is your turn to endure in a couple years lol. I said last year, all I want is for them to get one title and they did. I'm not getting greedy like you Laker fans lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 title doesn't erase years and years of suck-itude. Sorry to break this to you.

Well of course but the past is the past, this is the present and right now we are champions.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will take the Lakers a little time but rebuilding takes time and it helps Kobe left honestly. The roster is filling out and they still have cap space to sign a big name guy as well as veteran guys or role players.

Russell
Clarkson (have to sign him)
Ingram
Randle

Nance
Brown

They just need another big name guy, some quality big men and get this team experience but it takes time.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haven't you heard? One title in Cleveland equals 17 in Boston, 16 in Los Angeles, 6 in Chicago, etc., etc. :lol: