• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2016 NBA Draft Thread

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good night for the Lakers...Luke got the player he wanted and at 6'9 he will be able to fill Kobe's small forward position well. I'm happy...:thumb:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strike while it's hot...lol

f612f678f965d471b49346a2e3a729da_normal.jpe
Chris Haynes@ChrisBHaynes
now

Houston Rockets will sign undrafted free agent Gary Payton II to three-year deal, league sources inform@clevelanddotcom.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Lakers have a true center with the young Zubac I believe....look forward to watching him play...

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who else is there tho?
Conley might be on his way out of Memphis, and was coached by the new Kings HC. There's also gonna be some PG FA's I'd rather them get for cheap than give Rondo a big deal.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weak draft overall but a fun watch seeing different teams maneuver around and such.

Liked what Phoenix did. For as weak of a draft as it was,they racked up pretty nicely.

OKC straight robbed Orlando. Ibaka has plateaued and arguably gotten just a tad bit worse from his peak. They get Oladipo, Ilyasova, and Sabonis for him. That's such a great deal. Oladipo can start along Westbrook, Ilyasova gives them much needed front court shooting, and Sabonis at the very least will be a gritty productive role player. The Magic got suckered

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs got Kay Felder. Wow! They bought the pick for 2.4 mil. Looks like Delly is out and he will probably get some high offers from teams. Felder is great pickup. He led the nation in assists, 4th in the nation in scoring and has a 44 inch vertical. This guys is a scoring PG exactly what the Cavs need off the bench another scorer. They still some bigs but it is a good pick IMO

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay.... I've calmed down a LOT.

Skal was a steal of a pick at 28th overall. I don't think the Kings planned on taking him there, but they couldn't pass on the opportunity. Picking at that stage, you're looking for those kind of picks.

Papa Johns was a fucking shocker. Apparently there were rumors he wasn't going to be there by 22. IDK. I did a little bit of research on the guy though. He's massive, and he has some scoring skill. Seems like he's a good prospect. I just don't get the fit. More on that later.

Richardson I thought was a very nice pick. Great size for the 2-guard, excellent at getting to the rim. I think he can step in right away and contribute. Reminds me a bit of Rodney Stuckey. God knows we need some help from that position.

I.Cousins could be an immediate contributor. Can't expect much out of a 59th pick, but he's got some skill, especially if he can stay a PG. Very least he can be a decent 3rd guard and hopefully a good backup at some point, or a good shooter off the bench.

Bogdanovic is still a year off, but seems like he could be a nice 3-and-D guy.

The Kings needed to get some talent out of this draft, and I think they did a pretty good job of it. Lot's of upside, especially since they might now have draft picks in the upcoming years, this is good. Now, I have no god damn clue how it's all going to fit together. There has got to be a trade or two going down.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Skal was a steal of a pick at 28th overall. I don't think the Kings planned on taking him there, but they couldn't pass on the opportunity. Picking at that stage, you're looking for those kind of picks.

Papa Johns was a fucking shocker. Apparently there were rumors he wasn't going to be there by 22. IDK. I did a little bit of research on the guy though. He's massive, and he has some scoring skill. Seems like he's a good prospect. I just don't get the fit. More on that later.

Richardson I thought was a very nice pick. Great size for the 2-guard, excellent at getting to the rim. I think he can step in right away and contribute. Reminds me a bit of Rodney Stuckey. God knows we need some help from that position.

I.Cousins could be an immediate contributor. Can't expect much out of a 59th pick, but he's got some skill, especially if he can stay a PG. Very least he can be a decent 3rd guard and hopefully a good backup at some point, or a good shooter off the bench.

The Kings needed to get some talent out of this draft, and I think they did a pretty good job of it. Lot's of upside, especially since they might now have draft picks in the upcoming years, this is good. Now, I have no god damn clue how it's all going to fit together. There has got to be a trade or two going down.
I was frustrated originally, but if you swap the draft position of Skal and Papa Johns it doesn't look as bad because Skal was projected to go near or in the lottery anyway and he went 28th. Richardson and Bogdanovic are potential 3-and-D players, which is what the Kings have needed for years. Isaiah Cousins could be another end of draft steal like the other Isaiah was years ago, even if he's not as good. The overall look at the players drafted and acquired by the Kings isn't bad, it's just confusing when the Kings needed a PG and didn't need a center. Some move is gonna happen to get a PG whether it be in a trade, maybe signing Conley to reunite with Joerger, or getting a cheaper FA PG(NOT RONDO). I don't think D.Cousins gets traded, but maybe they move KK to save money after taking Papa Johns. The good news is this is just the start of the offseason, so we're far away from this roster being a finished product.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was frustrated originally, but if you swap the draft position of Skal and Papa Johns it doesn't look as bad because Skal was projected to go near or in the lottery anyway and he went 28th. Richardson and Bogdanovic are potential 3-and-D players, which is what the Kings have needed for years. Isaiah Cousins could be another end of draft steal like the other Isaiah was years ago, even if he's not as good. The overall look at the players drafted and acquired by the Kings isn't bad, it's just confusing when the Kings needed a PG and didn't need a center. Some move is gonna happen to get a PG whether it be in a trade, maybe signing Conley to reunite with Joerger, or getting a cheaper FA PG(NOT RONDO). I don't think D.Cousins gets traded, but maybe they move KK to save money after taking Papa Johns. The good news is this is just the start of the offseason, so we're far away from this roster being a finished product.

Please god not Rondo.

Yeah I gotta think KK, Rudy and Ben are gone. Rudy is a good asset and might fetch something, maybe a PG. I'm not a huge fan of Conley personally, but there's not much out there. Maybe we can somehow land Rubio. Skal and Papa John aren't going to play big minutes right away so it's not like they're taking away time from WCS or Cuz at the moment. Hell, those two guys probably fit well together on the bench. Very different style games.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GREAT night for the Suns, definitely a Draft Night winner. Adding the best two PF prospects (Simmons is more of a point forward/combo forward) is huge since PF is our biggest need. Also added Tyler Ulis who will serve as solid bench depth, he was supposed to go in the 1st round and I thought he was a steal at 34.

A core of Len, Bender, Chriss, Warren, Booker, Bledsoe and Ulis is solid. Now just gotta get rid of Knight.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FWIW, I have follow Bogdanovic for years now since PHX drafted him and the guy is going to be a solid player when he comes over. Not a star or anything, but he could develop into a decent starter or sixth man eventually.

Overall, I thought the pick @ 13 was dreadful, but they did make up for it w/Skal at 28 (not a fan of his, but that late in the first is a nice gamble) and Richardson looks like an eventual rotation player.