• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2016 NBA Draft Thread

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C- Len/Chandler
PF- Bender/Chriss
SF- Warren/Tucker
SG- Booker/Goodwin
PG- Bledsoe/Knight/Ulis

They might not win a ton of games next year, but this is going to be a fun team.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please god not Rondo.

Yeah I gotta think KK, Rudy and Ben are gone. Rudy is a good asset and might fetch something, maybe a PG. I'm not a huge fan of Conley personally, but there's not much out there. Maybe we can somehow land Rubio. Skal and Papa John aren't going to play big minutes right away so it's not like they're taking away time from WCS or Cuz at the moment. Hell, those two guys probably fit well together on the bench. Very different style games.
KK and Ben make sense because of the draft picks, I wouldn't mind keeping Rudy. If we can get a SF for cheaper who can start then it'd make sense, but I don't want Casspi starting because he does well off the bench. As for PG, Conley is unlikely because he'll ask for a lot and the Kings aren't a great destination for FA's right now. It sounded like Vlade wanted to bring back Rondo, which worries me. Giving him a 3 or 4 year deal would be a big mistake. Rubio wouldn't be a bad addition, but I don't like his contract. If Collison wasn't dealing with his recent arrest, I'd be perfectly fine with him moving into the starting lineup and signing a cheaper PG like Lin, Delladova, or Seth to be the backup. Papa Johns and Skal definitely shouldn't play heavy minutes, and can build chemistry together in the reserve role. Richardson and I.Cousins will probably play bigger roles and could even start some games depending on what the roster looks like. Vlade needs to make some good trades this off season, better than the questionable moves he made last year.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD has to be so happy right now. Getting another great guard to compliment Russ and get KD the ball. Sorry Orlando for raping you. OKC gets a former #2 pick and this years #11 pick pick for a declining Ibaka. Damn

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure the Celtics could've done worse.

outside of Zizic it was a trainwreck.

I'll take the trade for the LAC pick, but that's not a home run either.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD has to be so happy right now. Getting another great guard to compliment Russ and get KD the ball. Sorry Orlando for raping you. OKC gets a former #2 pick and this years #11 pick pick for a declining Ibaka. Damn

PHENOMENAL trade.

I'm not a huge sabonis fan, but still, this is great value.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will there be any point guards left? Save some for us!

Liked the Cousins get for you.

Outside of passing on Bender I thought Sacto did a solid job.

Skal at 28 is a nice risk, and Cousins that late is a great pick.

Not sure about he greek guy but for a team that needs to majorly change things up, it's a high upside swing.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami has both of their picks next season. Really hope the draft next year is much deeper. This has been awful

I thought this draft was bad, but it's easily better than last years.

Last year's was really bad. Not deep at all.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C- Len/Chandler
PF- Bender/Chriss
SF- Warren/Tucker
SG- Booker/Goodwin
PG- Bledsoe/Knight/Ulis

They might not win a ton of games next year, but this is going to be a fun team.

Suns be stocking up on UK guards. lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PHENOMENAL trade.

I'm not a huge sabonis fan, but still, this is great value.
that trade just might have saved KD in OKC...brilliant deal by Presti. Anyone trying to sign KD or RW in the near or not so near future cannot possibly be happy about that trade.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GS moved quickly to sign McCaw to a 2 year deal.

*Removes all sharp objects from @Mecca's household*

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C- Len/Chandler
PF- Bender/Chriss
SF- Warren/Tucker
SG- Booker/Goodwin
PG- Bledsoe/Knight/Ulis

that is a very good young lineup......with some serious shooting....loved the moves by Phoenix.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA is turning into the WNBA now?

Kay Felder?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so how long until the Lakers win a playoff series in your estimation DJ?

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? REALLY? WIN A MOTHERFUCKING PLAYOFF SERIES?

HOW ABOUT MAKE THE MOTHERFUCKING PLAYOFFS, SHIT FOR BRAINS? THAT'S A LITTLE MORE FUCKING REALISTIC, DON'T YOU THINK?

The short answer is I don't know and Mitch needs to be fired. Time for some new blood in the front office, he's gotten way too complacent. Been there too long.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C- Len/Chandler
PF- Bender/Chriss
SF- Warren/Tucker
SG- Booker/Goodwin
PG- Bledsoe/Knight/Ulis

The coaching will be interesting.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HOW ABOUT MAKE THE MOTHERFUCKING PLAYOFFS, SHIT FOR BRAINS? THAT'S A LITTLE MORE FUCKING REALISTIC, DON'T YOU THINK?

The short answer is I don't know and Mitch needs to be fired. Time for some new blood in the front office, he's gotten way too complacent. Been there too long.
lol someone is a little angry.....panties in a bunch this morning? its friday man, LOL.....

i would think that making the playoffs is not nearly enough to save Jimmy Buss' head in the long term.

I think it would be extremely difficult for the Lakers to make the playoffs this year- and unless they get major help in free agency- which is a possibility without a doubt- its doubtful they make it next year either.

And thats fine- id let the kids grow together another year or two. Im not sure if FA's think the Lakers are ready to taket he next step yet.

Ingram is the most talented and is a rookie who would be blown over by a stiff breeze
Randle was basically a rook last year too
Russell was a rookie and played well at times but also hurt himself with his attitude nad behavior.

If I am a free agent and gonna sign a long term deal- id prob want to see how these guys grow and get better for another year before i commit. As we saw in Minnesota- who has elite young talent that is significantly better than the Lakers--- it doesnt guarantee you anything and usually just gets you back in the lotto UNLESS you are REALLY patient and wait for years for the young guys to develop----- kinda like how the Cavs and OKC did in the first few years of their rebuilds.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and yah- its OBVIOUS the Lakers arent winning ap layoff series this year. Thats why i asked- how many years down the line do you think it will take?

right now the drought is 4 years without winning a playoff series. How many years do you think it will be before that drought ends?