• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2016 NBA Draft Thread

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch much college bball last year but I'm looking at the draft prospects and this looks like 'the top 2 and everyone else' kind of draft. I don't think Simmons or Ingram is going to come in and be good at all but 3 years down the line I think they'll both be stars.

Ingram's shooting metrics for his age are awesome. I could see him being Detlef Schrempf kind of player with maybe a few more tools. Compliments Randle and Clarkson well although thats not exactly Shawn Kemp and Gary Payton. I would say it means the Lakers are one player away from relevance, though.

Simmons...hard to say. Has the gifts to be a superstar but he is not there yet.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winners: Sixers, Suns, Lakers, Warriors , Spurs, Grizz, Nets

Losers: Bucks, Celtics, Kings

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly, dumb ass.....after LeBron left the first time......you said the draft was the way to go and then that didn't work out for the Cavs and you said let's sign leBron back and some free agents.

Which is it? Or do you just straddle both sides of the fence to rub your clit on?
:spit:

Reactions: DJ

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbest thing I've seen you post. Considering where they were after the CP3 crap and when Dwight/Nash deal blew up, Mitch has done a remarkable job of putting together a very talented young core of players and seems to have hired the right coach to develop them.
It's not a package deal, right?

Mitch has been getting it done for decades.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Celtics are just a mess right now....the value of draft picks PLUMMETED this year because of A. the weak draft and B. all the salary cap room.

what do they do with all these solid but not good or great NBa players?

Danny Ainge is garbage.

Not as bad as Doc.

He did manage to get Thomas and Crowder.

But, hiss roster is a mess and Brown just adds to the clutter.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winners: Sixers, Suns, Lakers, Warriors , Spurs, Grizz, Nets

Losers: Bucks, Celtics, Kings
I feel like the Celtics fucked this up so bad, but maybe Danny is the new BB and will make us all look like fools.

Also, I think the Nuggets did pretty well last night.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the Celtics fucked this up so bad, but maybe Danny is the new BB and will make us all look like fools.

Also, I think the Nuggets did pretty well last night.

Nuggets and Pelicans.

The picks I really like the most are Mccaw to the Warriors, Luwau to the 76ers, Chriss and Bender to suns, Hermangomez and Beasley along with Murray to the Nuggets.

Spurs with the flat out thievery.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Ainge is garbage.

Not as bad as Doc.

He did manage to get Thomas and Crowder.

But, hiss roster is a mess and Brown just adds to the clutter.

Which is bad for them. Because Stevens looks like he's going to be a really really good coach. I knew he'd be fine; especially considering that he took Butler to two consecutive national title games. If Ainge fucks this roster up, it's likely to fall on Stevens (as this is typical fan reaction).

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Times certainly have changed in the NBA when the first thing you hear about almost every first rounder is "will he be able to contribute at all in his rookie season?".

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is bad for them. Because Stevens looks like he's going to be a really really good coach. I knew he'd be fine; especially considering that he took Butler to two consecutive national title games. If Ainge fucks this roster up, it's likely to fall on Stevens (as this is typical fan reaction).

Ainge tried to hit a home run, swing and a miss.

In his favor, he tried to get Gordon Hayward and the Jazz wouldn't even discuss it.

Hayward is a free agent next year. So, all they have to do is wait w/o parting with assets.

Reuniting him with his College coach in the East might be appealing to him.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I got right about this draft was that Jaylen Brown and Bender would go high and that Chriss would drop a bit. Other than that this draft was completely unpredictable. Really surprised Deyonte Davis dropped out of the 1st round. Especially surprised Dejounte Murray dropped all the way to the Spurs. I thought he had great upside and slid past quite a few teams who could have used him. Skal dropping wasn't as big of a deal to me because I'm sure teams hated his under performing last year.

Props to @Mecca for calling it on Thon Maker being drafted that high. I had my doubts, but obviously the Bucks thought he was a great enough talent to take that high.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was actually more of like we have sucked for so long so now it is your turn to endure in a couple years lol. I said last year, all I want is for them to get one title and they did. I'm not getting greedy like you Laker fans lol

dang, greedy? spoiled...?

it ain't OUR fault we got it like that historically...:first: