• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2014 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
prince1280_rkrlekcq_9zvr0nam.jpg

Those 3 are going to do some damage!!!
And ain't it sweet.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Prince is going into Spring pretty light hearted:

"I lost a couple of pounds cutting the hair, so that helps," Fielder said after working out with the Rangers for the first time on Wednesday. "When you cut your hair, everybody thinks you've lost weight. That was the goal."

"I don't know," Fielder said. "Scales are not allowed in my house. I have no idea what it is, but I think I lost something. I definitely lost something."

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to know what we could get from the Pirates for Mitch. Of course that's if we were going to sign Nelly

I think that Moreland as part of the bench is better for 2014 than whatever he gets you in a trade. Unless someone was to blow Texas away with a top prospect

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look like a many of the trolls from ESPN moved to mlb.com... the comment sections for some the articles there seem pretty blown up.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Moreland as part of the bench is better for 2014 than whatever he gets you in a trade. Unless someone was to blow Texas away with a top prospect

You're probably right, but I don't see us keeping Mitch and signing Nelly. Actually, I just don't think we're going to sign Nelly. I think with all the money we've spent JD is prepared to let the cheap Mitch have the DH spot. The only thing that bothers me is we need another bat on the bench. Baker was the right guy. If Mitch struggles against lefties, we're in deep shit.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look like a many of the trolls from ESPN moved to mlb.com... the comment sections for some the articles there seem pretty blown up.

Then leave them alone. If you respond you're only encouraging them and they may follow you home....as in here. Again, leave them alone please.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, and our bench could use a little work IMO. Still would be shocked to see him sign with us to DH and for what we would actually offer.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then leave them alone. If you respond you're only encouraging them and they may follow you home....as in here. Again, leave them alone please.

I'd hope that doesn't happen, but if it does we can dispose of trolls quickly.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right, but I don't see us keeping Mitch and signing Nelly. Actually, I just don't think we're going to sign Nelly. I think with all the money we've spent JD is prepared to let the cheap Mitch have the DH spot. The only thing that bothers me is we need another bat on the bench. Baker was the right guy. If Mitch struggles against lefties, we're in deep shit.

Decent bench guys are much easier to come by than core players. I'm certain jd will be constantly liking high and low for the best way to improve our bench.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No worries I rarely if ever post there and that situation discourages me from doing it even more. I really don't find anything intellectually stimulating about arguing with someone when they clearly have no motive other than to disagree or provoke.

I really don't think we have to worry about trolls here anyway. The admin are really good about shutting it down quick and I think they IP ban. That makes a huge difference.

Last edited by a moderator:

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent bench guys are much easier to come by than core players. I'm certain jd will be constantly liking high and low for the best way to improve our bench.

He really doesn't have to look that hard. I'm sure MY would take some AB's at DH while serving as a better back up plan to this Profar situation than Rosales will.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really doesn't have to look that hard. I'm sure MY would take some AB's at DH while serving as a better back up plan to this Profar situation than Rosales will.

Best thing JD coud do is not even make MY an option for Wash, he might be better than Rosales, but next thing you know he's trotting out Young to play SS on Andrus' days off b/c "hey Young won a Gold Glove once"

Next thing you know somehow Young has 400+ ABs on the season, no thanks

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best thing JD coud do is not even make MY an option for Wash, he might be better than Rosales, but next thing you know he's trotting out Young to play SS on Andrus' days off b/c "hey Young won a Gold Glove once"

I don't think we have to worry about it anyway. MY doesn't seem like the type of guy to Farve around with retirement.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we have to worry about it anyway. MY doesn't seem like the type of guy to Farve around with retirement.

Not worried about front office wise, mostly trying to avoid that senseless debate, been there done that

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt he would get 400 AB's. I also doubt JD would even give Wash the opportunity, but if he did I'm sure JD would tell him it's on his terms. Wash would have to comply or be out of a job.

If Profar can't start the year I'm sure you wouldn't be saying this. How ridiculous would it be to have Rosales as our opening day 2B?

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he would get 400 AB's. I also doubt JD would even give Wash the opportunity, but if he did I'm sure JD would tell him it's on his terms. Wash would have to comply or be out of a job.

If Profar can't start the year I'm sure you wouldn't be saying this. How ridiculous would it be to have Rosales as our opening day 2B?

I could very well be wrong but I think the Profar thing is being overblown by the media. I think he will be fine for opening day. Its still a little while down the road and one of the best ways to heal his shoulder is just for him to rest. That being said, who knows what could happen if he is rested most of ST and Odor busts out this ST. I agree, though... it would not be exciting to see Rosales open up the season at 2B.