• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2014 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good call then. I would have to guess its Lewis and Hanson rounding out the rotation. Capuano is still out there also along with Santana.
Do not feel good about Hanson. Rather have Santana and that's no prize. But you do what you have to do. And maybe we just need to see what's with Harry. He's not out til he is.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do not feel good about Hanson. Rather have Santana and that's no prize. But you do what you have to do. And maybe we just need to see what's with Harry. He's not out til he is.

I don't feel good about Hanson either, but I think he's slated to be the #5. I'd rather go out and sign Santana.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you suggest? Not a lot of choices at the present.

i would suggest a lot of praying after Yu's and Martin's games if we don't make some kind of move. Hanson, Lewis and company aren't going to scare anyone

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would suggest a lot of praying after Yu's and Martin's games if we don't make some kind of move. Hanson, Lewis and company aren't going to scare anyone

Its not their job to scare people, its their job to eat innings and pitch effectively

Lewis, Hanson, Ogando and Tepesch have proven they can do that

We shall see what happens, but throwing money and years at Santana isn't the answer past this year and he costs a draft pick

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see that as the contingency plan.

Nor I. Let's say Harrison it's scratched for the time being, but Lewis is healthy enough to take a rotation spot and pitch effectively. I'd rather see this rotation than going out and signing Santana.

Darvish
Lewis
Perez
Ogando (he's going to be in the rotation. Deal with it people)
Tepesch

Who knows, maybe one of Ross, Hanson, Scheppers, or one of the other bubble guys surprises us. We have options outside of Santana and the truth is, I really want no part of him.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nor I. Let's say Harrison it's scratched for the time being, but Lewis is healthy enough to take a rotation spot and pitch effectively. I'd rather see this rotation than going out and signing Santana.

Darvish
Lewis
Perez
Tepesch

Who knows, maybe one of Ross, Hanson, Scheppers, or one of the other bubble guys surprises us. We have options outside of Santana and the truth is, I really want no part of him.

I just have this feeling that Hanson may surprise us. If Lewis is healthy I agree with you on this.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not their job to scare people, its their job to eat innings and pitch effectively

Lewis, Hanson, Ogando and Tepesch have proven they can do that

We shall see what happens, but throwing money and years at Santana isn't the answer past this year and he costs a draft pick

:agree:

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ogando and Tepesch have proven they can do that

Agreed with your statement until these 2 names came up. Both have a hard time getting through 6IP.

Ogando did it 7 times last season.... out of 23 games.
Tepesch did it 6 times... out of 17.

By comparison...
Holland 25/33
Darvish 26/32

Innings eaters they are not....but they are usable rotation pieces that can maybe give you 5 (quality) innings pitched.

I hope Ogando can cut down on the BS and go deeper into ballgames this season.

Last edited by a moderator:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta admit to the wind being a little outta my sail today with my concern for Harrison.

But by no means should I, or any of us being punting the season on 20 Feb. Just way to early to be having that "wait till next season" attitude. Stiff upper lip and all that good stuff ya know.

Let's see how Ogando & Lewis come out of ST. I'm still pretty high on Ogando, and hopeful for Colby.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed with your statement until these 2 names came up. Both have a hard time getting through 6IP.

Ogando did it 7 times last season.... out of 23 games.
Tepesch did it 6 times... out of 17.

By comparison...
Holland 25/33
Darvish 26/32

Innings eaters they are not....but they are usable rotation pieces that can maybe give you 5 (quality) innings pitched.

I hope Ogando can cut down on the BS and go deeper into ballgames this season.

You have to remember that Tepesch was at Hickory in 2011 and MB/Frisco in 2012 and the next thing you know he is starting for the Rangers in 2013. So I would cut him some slack as he really was pitching up here a year before he should have been.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Darvish
Lewis
Perez
Tepesch

I agree. Seems the plan was from within.