• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2014 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choice w/ the go-ahead single. Choice and Adduci playing very well. E. Beltre....not so much. he might truly be out of options here.

Honestly. I floated the bubble of him being pushed and pushed damn hard earlier.

BFD he's outta options. Either he steps up or he can permanently step out of the Rangers picture IMO.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you innocently asked this. Really I do.

But I could see the fire storm brewing and sure enough, go back and read the crap which has gone on since you "innocently" asked a fair question.

Nothing stirs the pot more on this site than the great Ron Washington accusers/defenders debate.

I explained I was just asking if he felt any manager didnt belong on a banner, or wash in particular.

Sorry gang...I was breaking Windings balls tho on the only 2 good calls

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I explained I was just asking if he felt any manager didnt belong on a banner, or wash in particular.

Sorry gang...I was breaking Windings balls tho on the only 2 good calls

No apology needed. You just stepped on a land mine without having any thought of it whatsoever.

It was quite comical to some of us b/c we knew the shit storm you created.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No apology needed. You just stepped on a land mine without having any thought of it whatsoever.

It was quite comical to some of us b/c we knew the shit storm you created.
Didn't we tho? The big hitters showed up. lol

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't we tho? The big hitters showed up. lol

:laugh3:.....and he's been trying to back up, explain, apology, whatever he could to make it stop.

Poor guy honestly didn't have a clue. Two little words - why not? - lead to days in in-fighting, name calling, polarizing, etc.

Pretty funny to me. I sat on the sidelines and watched it all.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said one day? All I said was I don't think it's going to work out. Yes, today was part of the experiment, and it didn't go well. It didn't go well last year. I just hope he has to earn it, and isn't handed the 5th spot like I've read and heard.

Just general comment, could work either way, good outing or bad, calm down turbo

Last year seems to be more an issue of poor defenders as his peripherals were right around his career numbers

And once again quit taking shit so personal

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:.....and he's been trying to back up, explain, apology, whatever he could to make it stop.

Poor guy honestly didn't have a clue. Two little words - why not? - lead to days in in-fighting, name calling, polarizing, etc.

Me too! LMAO. I kept thinking of our comments last evening.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hoping we are getting the good Hanson back.

I agree Donaldson that I don't care if E Beltre is out of options either. I want the guys who earned/deserved it to be on the opening day roster.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just general comment, could work either way, good outing or bad, calm down turbo

Last year seems to be more an issue of poor defenders as his peripherals were right around his career numbers

And once again quit taking shit so personal

What are you talking about? I am calm, and didn't take anything personal. I don't know why you assumed otherwise. Maybe you need evaluate your attitude because you seem to get on a lot of peoples nerves.

Last edited by a moderator:

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I couldn't even read all the avalanche I created. It's not like ppl's minds will change. You either like Wash or you don't.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hoping we are getting the good Hanson back.

I agree Donaldson that I don't care if E Beltre is out of options either. I want the guys who earned/deserved it to be on the opening day roster.

If he has to go to another team to prosper, so be it.

For me, I'm done with a bunch of "potential" as a reason to keep hanging onto a guy year after year.

Potential and $6 will get ya a great cup of coffee at Starbucks.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does he play OF?

Best of my memory/knowledge is, he's an INF. He's small in statue but has some pop for a smaller guy.

Shoot, we don't need help in the OF I don't think. Adduci and Choice are looking good. Hopefully Choo and Rios will be healthy soon, and hope of hopes, Beltre's lights go on and he realizes the opportunity is here for his taking.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has, but mostly IF

Best of my memory/knowledge is, he's an INF. He's small in statue but has some pop for a smaller guy.

Shoot, we don't need help in the OF I don't think. Adduci and Choice are looking good. Hopefully Choo and Rios will be healthy soon, and hope of hopes, Beltre's lights go on and he realizes the opportunity is here for his taking.

Well we're only carrying a 4 man bench...if he can play OF, somewhat serviceably, it helps his chances of taking the utility guy spot from Rosales.

But I agree, I think Texas is counting on Choo, Martin and Rios playing everyday...so 5th OF isn't a concern

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't even read all the avalanche I created. It's not like ppl's minds will change. You either like Wash or you don't.

Relax.....it's not a problem. Honest. You "innocently" wandered into an Indian burial ground, and not on your own accord.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relax.....it's not a problem. Honest. You "innocently" wandered into an Indian burial ground, and not on your own accord.

One thing about me, I'm always relaxed.

Except when I'm three putting my way to double bogey-ville, then I'm enraged

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we're only carrying a 4 man bench...if he can play OF, somewhat serviceably, it helps his chances of taking the utility guy spot from Rosales.

But I agree, I think Texas is counting on Choo, Martin and Rios playing everyday...so 5th OF isn't a concern

I think it's really going to come down to who is a better hitter between Rosales and Brent. They are both good defenders. Neither have hit well in their career, but I would say Brent has the edge right now.