• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2014 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lillibridge could definitely play 3B.

My bench prediction would be

C- JPA
4th OF- E. Beltre
Util - Lillibridge
RH bat - Choice

I think the club would love for Kouz to be the RH half of our DH platoon though.

Swap Kouz for Choice and you have something,

I know I don't think Choice starts the year being a bench guy, only way he makes the team out of ST is if Moreland doesn't and Choice is playing everyday

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those all sound logical. Some tough decisions coming up with our bench and 4-5 starters and I hate to say the word but closer.

Feliz is gonna be an all star closer this year. Mark it down

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You quoted my "one day does not an experiment make" with the response, "Who said anything about one day" :L

That's pretty much the definition of taking my comment personal :bawling:

My attitude is fine, most the people who's nerves I get on are the ones who can't take different opinions and viewpoints, thanks for playing :lame:

I didn't take anything personal. You assumed wrong. Thanks for playing? How old are you? Your "one day" post had nothing to do with what I originally said.

You get on people's nerves, or at least mine, because all you do is contradict. You are an ass while doing so, otherwise I wouldn't have a problem with it. I'm not talking about this time, but in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feliz is gonna be an all star closer this year. Mark it down

Sorry, but my first reaction was to laugh and with you that might be the reaction you were looking for. But if you are serious then we are all going to be sweating bullets every time he comes in to the game in the 9th. At least the way he is pitching right now.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't take anything personal. You assumed wrong. Thanks for playing? How old are you?

Your proclamations now say one thing, but your immediate response says otherwise... You only left me with one assumption with your quoting of my post, especially since I quoted Donaldson in my post, but whatever you say Chief, its your world...

So fine, you didn't take it personal, much like you never take anything I say personal :rollseyes:

Is my age relevant here?

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swap Kouz for Choice and you have something,

I know I don't think Choice starts the year being a bench guy, only way he makes the team out of ST is if Moreland doesn't and Choice is playing everyday

That's why I said the club wants Kouz to take control of RH bench bat spot. I think you're right that they don't want Choice starting the season on bench. If it were up to me though, id have him on the team

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lillibridge could definitely play 3B.

My bench prediction would be

C- JPA
4th OF- E. Beltre
Util - Lillibridge
RH bat - Choice

I think the club would love for Kouz to be the RH half of our DH platoon though.

Catching is a gimme, and I'll go with ya on Lillibridge as the Util. However, I'm gonna go with KK as the RH bat, and Aducci as the 4th OF.

It's gonna get interesting now for sure guys. But the one guy I'm ignoring is Chirinos, and he's playing lights out right now.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your proclamations now say one thing, but your immediate response says otherwise... You only left me with one assumption with your quoting of my post, especially since I quoted Donaldson in my post, but whatever you say Chief, its your world...

So fine, you didn't take it personal, much like you never take anything I say personal :rollseyes:

Is my age relevant here?

Not really because all I have to do is go to the previous page and read your post to be reminded.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fortune favors the bold

Bold...

Now there's an understatement. But one we ALL pray is true.

Tell ya what, if this is correct, I'm personally going to put something extra in your stocking this year.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but my first reaction was to laugh and with you that might be the reaction you were looking for. But if you are serious then we are all going to be sweating bullets every time he comes in to the game in the 9th. At least the way he is pitching right now.

Lol. i do enjoy levity, but in this particular case, I'm being serious. I think Feliz just needs a save or two in front of a packed house to get his head right.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're right, but as of right now, I think Soria would get the 9th. Maybe Feliz' velocity goes up, but at 92 MPH I don't see him starting the year as the closer.

Maybe the Rangers are going to come up with the old "tired arm syndrome" and put him on the DL.

Swear, the way he's pitching right now, he doesn't make the club.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. i do enjoy levity, but in this particular case, I'm being serious. I think Feliz just needs a save or two in front of a packed house to get his head right.

I'd take about 3-5 MPH and some semblance of command before that

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're right, but as of right now, I think Soria would get the 9th. Maybe Feliz' velocity goes up, but at 92 MPH I don't see him starting the year as the closer.

I'd feel more comfortable today with Soria as the closer, especially if we'd stop messing around with Tanner and let him have the 8th inning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catching is a gimme, and I'll go with ya on Lillibridge as the Util. However, I'm gonna go with KK as the RH bat, and Aducci as the 4th OF.

It's gonna get interesting now for sure guys. But the one guy I'm ignoring is Chirinos, and he's playing lights out right now.

Interesting. Guess you could always put Chirinos at C and JPA at RH bench bat. . . Although JPA would have to turn into 2011 Napoli for that to work.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This in from Jim Bowden; make of it what you will.

• Ian Kinsler has still not returned any of GM Jon Daniels’ phone calls because he heard about the trade via the media, not directly from Daniels. However, don't blame Daniels; he was on a plane and the deal leaked before he could call Kinsler. I've been in that position, and in this day and age of social media this isn’t the last time something like this will happen, so players must develop some tougher skin.

Michael Choice is expected to make the team and will see playing time in all three outfield spots as well as DH. He’ll be used like Jurickson Profar was last year with the idea that he will eventually replace Alex Rios when Rios’ contract is up.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd feel more comfortable today with Soria as the closer, especially if we'd stop messing around with Tanner and let him have the 8th inning.

I'd feel more comfortable with Scheppers as the closer than I would Feliz. I agree about Tanner. They should stop messing around with him.