• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2014 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are guys on here who think Wash is the worst manager in baseball, perhaps ever. I'm not one of em. But my bet is you're going to get an ear full.

Wash, makes some really dumbshit moves, and I know this this. But he gets no tips-of-the-hat when he does it right either. I know this too.

I didn't know if he was against the idea of any manager on the banner, like since you'd imagine the FOTF being front and center and players, not managers/FO executives, should be FOTF, or wash in particular.

It certainly seems that many feel the team loses bc of Wash and wins in spite of him. To each their own, I guess.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My other option is to ditch the night ballpark background and use player images. (like the ones attached)

Kelly Gavin gets the credit for the photos. Heck of a photographer.

That Darvish picture is too matrix-y. It does make me think of that amazing gif of Darvish throwing 5 different pitches that are superimposed together to show they all come from same release point. It's one sexy gif

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are guys on here who think Wash is the worst manager in baseball, perhaps ever. I'm not one of em. But my bet is you're going to get an ear full.

Wash, makes some really dumbshit moves, and I know this this. But he gets no tips-of-the-hat when he does it right either. I know this too.
No comment. Waiting for the fun to begin.LOL

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

To be fair I've given him kudos for both of the good moves he's made.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Responses in bold

I hope there is more in AAA than Tepesch and Hanson ... that would mean TEX only has 7 SPs at the start of the season who are ML-ready. That's three shy of the minimum IMO. Know I am sorta credited with the "10 minimum" perspective ... but I think it was JD or Nolan who may have first said it couple of years ago.

Ref Garza ... I still believe TEX gave up too much for Garza for a two month rental. TEX wasn't going to get it done in 2013 even if Garza was lights out as long as the offense was centered on David Murphy. Was a wasted move. With the extra wild card ... nobody any good is going to be available at the deadline. Gonna have to get better in the winter ... not wait until July.

(OT btw while i was thinking about him ... Murphy for CLE in ST is 2 for 15 w/a .133/.278/.267/.544 line. Another cold start for Murphy)

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feierabend and Soria were pumping strikes it looks like. Yu made it through 5 innings on 63 pitches. Not too bad. Profar with another HR.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this being televised?

Not that I know of. I was just looking at the box score. We are up 5-2 in the bottom of the 7th. Now 6-2. Some loser will come in the game in the 8th or 9th and get kicked.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I know of. I was just looking at the box score. We are up 5-2 in the bottom of the 7th. Now 6-2. Some loser will come in the game in the 8th or 9th and get kicked.

Prepare to get Cory Burned