• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2014 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In today's DMN: Jarrod Saltalamacchia jokingly tells the media he hopes Boston goes 0-162 now that plays for the Marlins. Could become a standard line. Ian Kinsler will long regret venting his anger to ESPN.

Kinsler did himself a huge disservice with this childish, unprofessional BS.

Salty said they're all sleazeballs now too. Pretty good stuff.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, I don't disagree with that. No reason not to expect Lewis in the rotation though.

I think we're on the same page.

What about this for some pie in the sky? We start the season with Yu, Perez, Saunders, Ogando, and Kirkman as starters, and not in that order. Have Harry/Colby on the DL and Tep in AAA. Gives some breathing room to everyone I think.

And it gives us 8 starters before first pitch we can at least semi count on. Then when we get into May, Harry/ Lewis are ready and JD/Wash now have to make some decisions. But damn good options for the club.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salty said they're all sleazeballs now too. Pretty good stuff.

It's refreshing to know we, as fans, aren't the only one's seeing the absurdity with Kins' quote.

It appears he's taken a crap in his own pocket. And I told the story a while back about having a buddy who lives near Eric Nadel and Nadel said Kinsler is universally disliked - probably worse - throughout the game.

And get this, supposedly the Sox have this young stud 2nd baseman at AA and he's at most 2 years away from forcing his way into the lineup.

How sweet is that?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Rangers lose another one. Burns and Gonzalez shit the bed

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romeo and Donaldson - I agree with what you are saying about our pitching and the potential it has. And it did my heart good to see Lewis pitch 2 shut out innings. That had to mean a lot to him with all he has been through this past year. And Cotts and Frasor in great form today.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romeo and Donaldson - I agree with what you are saying about our pitching and the potential it has. And it did my heart good to see Lewis pitch 2 shut out innings. That had to mean a lot to him with all he has been through this past year. And Cotts and Frasor in great form today.

If there's a person on the planet who doesn't wish good tidings on Colby, may a pox be upon his house.

Swear, we could have a better BP this year than last if - big IF - Feliz nails down the closer position. Think about having Frasor, Cotts, Scheppers, Soria, Ross and probably Kirkman (really don't think he's gonna start). Am I missing anyone?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's a person on the planet who doesn't wish good tidings on Colby, may a pox be upon his house.

Swear, we could have a better BP this year than last if - big IF - Feliz nails down the closer position. Think about having Frasor, Cotts, Scheppers, Soria, Ross and probably Kirkman (really don't think he's gonna start). Am I missing anyone?

The nice thing is we have pitchers who can close a game not named Feliz. So you are right on the "big IF". Right now I would not feel as comfortable with Feliz coming into the 9th inning of a tight game as I would with Soria, Cotts and possibly Scheppers.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see Kirkman succeeding anywhere but the rotation.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Kirkman succeeding anywhere but the rotation.

You've said so before and it seems to be the prevailing opinion. I'm not disagreeing, just hoping for the best here in mid ST. I wish the guy well and think it would be absolutely wonderful to pull a Perez season (2013) outta Kirkman in 2014. That old "out-house-to-the-penthouse" story.

Having the rotation determined - at least who's gonna start - by the 20th doesn't give a lot of these guys time to determine their future; at least with the Rangers. Every outing, if not inning, is crucial to some now.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nice thing is we have pitchers who can close a game not named Feliz. So you are right on the "big IF". Right now I would not feel as comfortable with Feliz coming into the 9th inning of a tight game as I would with Soria, Cotts and possibly Scheppers.

:agree:....But let me ask, does Feliz make our club if he can't close? That would have to be an emotional speed bump at the least. But do keep in mind that on Sat he was supposedly hitting 95.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:....But let me ask, does Feliz make our club if he can't close? That would have to be an emotional speed bump at the least. But do keep in mind that on Sat he was supposedly hitting 95.

I extract Feliz to break camp with the club unless he's injured.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As it stands right now, who should/will get the opportunity to close if Nef spits-the-bit? Regardless, it shakes things up some at the least. Say Tanner gets the nod; then does this put Soria as our setup man?

Give me your thoughts, generally speaking, on who plays what rolls please.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it stands right now, who should/will get the opportunity to close if Nef spits-the-bit? Regardless, it shakes things up some at the least. Say Tanner gets the nod; then does this put Soria as our setup man?

Give me your thoughts, generally speaking, on who plays what rolls please.

Are you asking what I think should happen or what I think wash well do? Those are two very different things.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you asking what I think should happen or what I think wash well do? Those are two very different things.

:laugh3:.....it's just us guys chatting here boss. But you could give us yours and Wash's. :laugh3:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All kidding aside, if Feliz is semi-struggling, maybe we put him on the DL to start the season too.

I love the idea of having terrific reserves as options as the season moves on; even if moving on is May.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:.....it's just us guys chatting here boss. But you could give us yours and Wash's. :laugh3:

My preference would be to do away with the closer position entirely and user the best pitchers in the highest leverage situations.

What I think wash would go? Soria would get the first opportunity to stamp his claim on the closer spot because I'm sure wash loves his veteranness. After that, I'm betting scheppers is next in line behind him.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see Colby with two scoreless innings, abd choice hit a bomb.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wash would tell Feliz to go to the back of the mound , check the runner on 1st and bunt. :yahoo: