• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2014 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather see the best pitchers make the rotation.

My point was if all three of these guys are hopefully pitching well, but somewhat equal coming out of ST, it would be a best case scenario due to being out of options (?) with 2 of the 3. If things were somewhat equal, we'd have all 3 for the long haul, and again, we know we're going to need more arms as the season progresses.

Don't recall the specifics of Saunder's contract, but could he accept a move to the minors for a period of time if he/us so chose? And I guess Kirkman could be our long guy outta the pen.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In today's DMN: Jarrod Saltalamacchia jokingly tells the media he hopes Boston goes 0-162 now that plays for the Marlins. Could become a standard line. Ian Kinsler will long regret venting his anger to ESPN.

Kinsler did himself a huge disservice with this childish, unprofessional BS.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sorry i just can't put the overwhelming belief in them that you do. until they prove that they can do it they are still a question mark in my book. i hope they will but i'm not ready to anoint them as good

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry i just can't put the overwhelming belief in them that you do. until they prove that they can do it they are still a question mark in my book. i hope they will but i'm not ready to anoint them as good
You can't label them based on past performance as average or below average. That's history. All that matters now is what they do this year. Remember how Cotts just came out of nowhere? They may all be terrible but we won't know till ST is over and evaluations have been made.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stating they have some questions surrounding them versus labeling all pitchers not named Darvish and Perez below average to average at best are two different things. You are such an ass whip.

Also, ogando is not an average pitcher by any stretch.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stating they have some questions surrounding them versus labeling all pitchers not named Darvish and Perez below average to average at best are two different things. You are such an ass whip.

Also, ogando is not an average pitcher by any stretch.

Not only that but it's like every other pitcher on the Rangers should be top of the rotation and that is not the case with any team. Just give me guys who can keep us in the game for our bullpen to come in.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheerios is 4-4 w 3 RBI today and batting .385 for the spring so far. Cotts bounced back w a clean inning w 2 strikeouts and Frasor struck out the side in the 7th.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that but it's like every other pitcher on the Rangers should be top of the rotation and that is not the case with any team. Just give me guys who can keep us in the game for our bullpen to come in.

Plus, Harrison should only be about a week behind coming in. You telling me our rotation might look like this a week into the season?

Darvish
Harrison
Ogando
Perez
Lewis/Saunders/Tepesch/Kirkman

Yeah, I'll take that.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saw this morning that Wash intends to have his starting 5 determined by the 20th.

I'm anxious to see how this shakes out more from the standpoint of who doesn't make it, who's on the DL and what moves we make in the BP. I could see starting the season with both Lewis & Harry on the DL.

If Harrison does make a full recovery, even if it's in May, and we get 90% of Dutch later in the season, this whole pitching mini-panic might be overblown on 9 Mar.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheerios is 4-4 w 3 RBI today and batting .385 for the spring so far. Cotts bounced back w a clean inning w 2 strikeouts and Frasor struck out the side in the 7th.

Cheerio looked pretty decent in limited time with the big club last year.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this morning that Wash intends to have his starting 5 determined by the 20th.

I'm anxious to see how this shakes out more from the standpoint of who doesn't make it, who's on the DL and what moves we make in the BP. I could see starting the season with both Lewis & Harry on the DL.

If Harrison does make a full recovery, even if it's in May, and we get 90% of Dutch later in the season, this whole pitching mini-panic might be overblown on 9 Mar.

Harrison is only a week behind everyone else and Lewis is on schedule to break camp in the rotation.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, Harrison should only be about a week behind coming in. You telling me our rotation might look like this a week into the season?

Darvish
Harrison
Ogando
Perez
Lewis/Saunders/Tepesch/Kirkman

Yeah, I'll take that.

I like this but think it's a tad on the overly optimistic side. But hey....it's ST time.

In my perfect world of optimism I'd like to see Darvish, Ogando, Perez, Saunders, and Kirkman pitching well, healthy and starting. Start the season with Lewis, Harry on the DL and Tep in AAA. This way we wouldn't have to rush either one of those two and have Tep as our first call-up.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this but think it's a tad on the overly optimistic side. But hey....it's ST time.

In my perfect world of optimism I'd like to see Darvish, Ogando, Perez, Saunders, and Kirkman pitching well, healthy and starting. Start the season with Lewis, Harry on the DL and Tep in AAA. This way we wouldn't have to rush either one of those two and have Tep as our first call-up.

Again, Lewis in pitching on schedule to break spring training in the rotation. I get being a little reserved about Harrison, but unless Lewis gives its reason to think otherwise, expect him to be in the rotation on day one.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, Lewis in pitching on schedule to break spring training in the rotation. I get being a little reserved about Harrison, but unless Lewis gives its reason to think otherwise, expect him to be in the rotation on day one.

It may be, probably is, just me but I think the club is going to be overly protective and reserved in Harry's recovery.

The point I'm attempting to make is, it would be great if Saunders and Kirkman really pitched terrific from here on in and forced their consideration into the rotation. Thus giving Harry/club some comfort in coming along slow and easy.

Better safe than sorry.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may be, probably is, just me but I think the club is going to be overly protective and reserved in Harry's recovery.

The point I'm attempting to make is, it would be great if Saunders and Kirkman really pitched terrific from here on in and forced their consideration into the rotation. Thus giving Harry/club some comfort in coming along slow and easy.

Better safe than sorry.

Sure, I don't disagree with that. No reason not to expect Lewis in the rotation though.