• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2014 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every time i make a suggestion you go bonkers so why should i bother? you're satisfied with Tepesch, Lewis, Hanson & possible Ross so any opinion expressed by me that doesn't goosestep to your tune receives nothing but ridicule so let's go into the season with them and see what happens.

Don't be such a crybaby, I don't go bonkers, I might disagree, but I don't always qualify that as "going bonkers"

I didn't say I was satisfied at all, but I prefer those options over throwing money at Santana as a desperation move

Kids gotta learn to pitch at some point

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting tidbit about Kirkman from the rangers website...

Kirkman now has longest tenure with Rangers

Pitcher Michael Kirkman holds a special distinction in the Rangers clubhouse. With Ian Kinsler gone, Kirkman has been with the Rangers organization longer than any other player and is the only one acquired before Jon Daniels became general manager.

Would not have guessed this. It sure would be nice if he rewarded the franchise for sticking with him so long wouldn't it?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and when i've expressed an opinion about a player or pitcher on here you also have slammed me for daring to suggest that the Rangers should have any interest in them. y'all have decided that the Rangers will be divisional contenders no matter who we put out there on the mound so anyone who expresses concern about the fact that 3/5 of our starting rotation is highly suspect is disrespected and\or verbally abused for their concerns.

Scotsman.....relax man.

You/me/everyone are always gonna have a guy or two which we don't normally see eye-to-eye with and it isn't exactly a tragedy. Hell, we're all just stating our opinions, thoughts and ideas and to agree to disagree is never the worst thing which could happen.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting tidbit about Kirkman from the rangers website...

Kirkman now has longest tenure with Rangers

Pitcher Michael Kirkman holds a special distinction in the Rangers clubhouse. With Ian Kinsler gone, Kirkman has been with the Rangers organization longer than any other player and is the only one acquired before Jon Daniels became general manager.

I view kirkman in the same light as Moreland. Both guys have struggled with consistency, but shown flashes of high ability. However, I'd guess that Kirkman is more likely to pan out and actually contribute than Moreland. Maybe Kirkman can play better as a starter. It's worth a look in Spring training, if he does well, the circumstances of our pitching staff might give him a chance to start as the #4 or #5 guy.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I view kirkman in the same light as Moreland. Both guys have struggled with consistency, but shown flashes of high ability. However, I'd guess that Kirkman is more likely to pan out and actually contribute than Moreland. Maybe Kirkman can play better as a starter. It's worth a look in Spring training, if he does well, the circumstances of our pitching staff might give him a chance to start as the #4 or #5 guy.
Would like to think Kirkman was in the same light as Moreland but don't believe that is the case. On the positive side, this may be the year Kirkman contributes.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, I would have to say I have been far more irritated with Kirkman and would dread anytime hewas coming into the game because we could chalk up a loss. Can't say I have had those same feelings about MM.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and when i've expressed an opinion about a player or pitcher on here you also have slammed me for daring to suggest that the Rangers should have any interest in them. y'all have decided that the Rangers will be divisional contenders no matter who we put out there on the mound so anyone who expresses concern about the fact that 3/5 of our starting rotation is highly suspect is disrespected and\or verbally abused for their concerns.

Just shake it off scotsman. No biggie. I mean jta had a different opinion earlier today and that was fine by me. I mean he was wrong but it was cool. :lol:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be such a crybaby, I don't go bonkers, I might disagree, but I don't always qualify that as "going bonkers"

I didn't say I was satisfied at all, but I prefer those options over throwing money at Santana as a desperation move

Kids gotta learn to pitch at some point

that is usually reserved to AAA. and by now there aren't any real options left in the FA market so that leaves the trade route

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is usually reserved to AAA. and by now there aren't any real options left in the FA market so that leaves the trade route
Who do you trade and who with?

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this on LSB:

“It’s up to him,” Zduriencik said. " I have zero expectations for Jesus Montero. Any expectations I had are gone."

Apparently he showed up like 40 lbs overweight.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this on LSB:

“It’s up to him,” Zduriencik said. " I have zero expectations for Jesus Montero. Any expectations I had are gone."

Apparently he showed up like 40 lbs overweight.

Wow.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great thing about Jesus Montero at this point? They have ZERO money invested in him, all they have to do is stick his ass in AAA and say " make those dollars" and then whe he gets to a certain point, he's just the low point in a trade no cares about anymore

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is interesting.

3. I think the coaching staff is going to be a huge asset for the Rangers this year. As I’ve mentioned, a second year of the same voice from the hitting instructor’s position should help some of the younger players and the presence of Bobby Jones as assistant hitting instructor should help those young players who came through the system. Everybody connects with Jones. Having a full-time catching instructor is a significant way to help improve the pitching staff and Bengie Molina is as good of a guy as there is to instruct on the art of receiving and framing. And Tim Bogar will bring a level of analytics and thought to the bench coach’s spot that Ron Washington hasn’t had. As trends and analytics become more and more a part of real-time managing, the bench coach’s role is evolving greatly. The Rangers have realized that.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm definitely glad Jackie Moore is gone. He definitely didn't help things.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I was right the other day

The Orioles are close to a deal with slugger Nelson Cruz, reports Jon Heyman of CBS Sports. Heyman adds, "There are still a couple issues to be resolved, according to sources, though a deal looks extremely likely."

The Orioles signed Jimenez on Monday to a four-year, $50MM contract, a franchise record for a pitcher. The O's sacrificed the 17th overall pick in the June draft to do so. At the trade deadline last year, the Orioles dealt their Competitive Balance Lottery Round A pick to the Astros in the Bud Norris deal, currently #33 overall. That means their next available pick to sacrifice for a qualifying offer free agent is #52, so the penalty to sign Cruz is less pronounced. The Rangers will receive a supplemental first round pick for their loss.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cruz and the Orioles have mostly been discussing the possibility of a one-year deal, ESPN's Jayson Stark tweets

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm definitely glad Jackie Moore is gone. He definitely didn't help things.

:agree:.....I'm a little on the old school side myself, but good heavens, Moore was the equivalent to a baseball Glacier.