• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2014 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cruz and the Orioles have mostly been discussing the possibility of a one-year deal, ESPN's Jayson Stark tweets
If one year is all he gets, I thought he would sign with the Rangers first but sometimes thinking just gives you a headache.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:.....I'm a little on the old school side myself, but good heavens, Moore was the equivalent to a baseball Glacier.
Great hugger! Wash will miss him. LOL

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If one year is all he gets, I thought he would sign with the Rangers first but sometimes thinking just gives you a headache.

I'm sure PT is the difference. They can offer more AB's. It also tells me he really didn't want to play in Seattle.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nelson Cruz and the Orioles have agreed to terms on a one-year contract, Enrique Rojas of ESPN Deportes reports. The deal is for one-year and a base salary of $8MM, plus $750K in incentives, obviously a very disappointing outcome for a player who declined a $14.1MM qualifying offer from the Rangers and at one point reportedly sought a four-year, $75MM deal. Cruz is represented by the Wasserman Media Group.

The Rangers will now receive what is currently the No. 30 overall pick in the 2014 draft as a result of Cruz signing elsewhere.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure PT is the difference. They can offer more AB's. It also tells me he really didn't want to play in Seattle.
Better in Baltimore than Seattle.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nelson Cruz and the Orioles have agreed to terms on a one-year contract, Enrique Rojas of ESPN Deportes reports. The deal is for one-year and a base salary of $8MM, plus $750K in incentives, obviously a very disappointing outcome for a player who declined a $14.1MM qualifying offer from the Rangers and at one point reportedly sought a four-year, $75MM deal. Cruz is represented by the Wasserman Media Group.

The Rangers will now receive what is currently the No. 30 overall pick in the 2014 draft as a result of Cruz signing elsewhere.
Called "lessons learned'

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm a little confused as to what JD is thinking. Is that friggin draft choice that important? And when does said draft choice show daily benefits in Arlington?

To me, we sure have invested a lot in winning right now with the additions of Fielder/Choo, and the fact the window is closing - probably faster than some want to recognize or admit - on our 3rd baseman.

I'm not trying to sound like Chicken Little here, but.................

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better in Baltimore than Seattle.
Yeah, Baltimore will have a good little team now. Not enough for their division. Good luck, Nellie. Sort of. We won't be having a dog in your name anymore, I'm a guessing.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little confused as to what JD is thinking. Is that friggin draft choice that important? And when does said draft choice show daily benefits in Arlington?

To me, we sure have invested a lot in winning right now with the additions of Fielder/Choo, and the fact the window is closing - probably faster than some want to recognize or admit - on our 3rd baseman.

I'm not trying to sound like Chicken Little here, but.................
I'm just guessing Nellie would play more in the field than we were willing to offer. But for one year would it matter? We'll move Odor or Profar to third by that time. Got my umbrella anyway, Donald.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just guessing Nellie would play more in the field than we were willing to offer. But for one year would it matter? We'll move Odor or Profar to third by that time. Got my umbrella anyway, Donald.

That's no umbrella sir....it's a colander.

Neither one of these will be as good defensively at 3rd as Beltre is, and they won't even scratch his offensive numbers, EVER.

Not sure about Cruz's playing time in the O's OF. But you certainly may be correct on this one.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cruz turned down 1 year 14 million from us wow

I figured we would've gotten involved at that price point. Cruz wants to pay the field that bad I guess. Funny thing is, with Cruz accepting such a cheap deal, that may affect Morales market to some extent. Maybe he could be had cheaper than we thought. Unless Seattle gets desperate and makes a knee jerk offer.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's no umbrella sir....it's a colander.

Neither one of these will be as good defensively at 3rd as Beltre is, and they won't even scratch his offensive numbers, EVER.

Not sure about Cruz's playing time in the O's OF. But you certainly may be correct on this one.

There's no way you can possibly know that.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured we would've gotten involved at that price point. Cruz wants to pay the field that bad I guess. Funny thing is, with Cruz accepting such a cheap deal, that may affect Morales market to some extent. Maybe he could be had cheaper than we thought. Unless Seattle gets desperate and makes a knee jerk offer.

maybe

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wanted Morales from the beginning of FA, but he makes less sense now. He would help solidify the offense though, and we're going to need to score more runs with the injuries to the staff. Signing him takes all of MM's AB's away though.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, Morales would probably more accepting of a DH role

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, great deal for the Orioles. With Cruz hitting behind Davis, Davis might hit 50 more bombs this year